Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
two solutions for all these cop shootings. One would be to just disarm cops, and give them soft rubber truncheons. The other would be for folks to stop doing stupid things in front of cops.

Simple solution because life is full of choices, even to keep the unruly among us from being shot or killed by LE:

Choice #1. Don't commit criminal acts
Choice #2. If you choose to commit a crime, obey LE orders when they show up. Save the arguments for court.
Choice #3. Don't have a weapon in your hand when LE show up
Choice #4. Stay alive if you choose the above and go peacefully to jail
Choice #5. If you don't choose #4, then choose to have violence visited upon you, maybe even get shot

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to get it, because it's pretty simple especially if your parents taught you to respect authority. But THAT is another story ...

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Max_Velocity
[b]Is this murder? Watch whole vid.

Are you so retarded that you think your question can be answered by watching a video?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the police are going to continue these unjustified shooting then they need to trash these dash and body cams so they can tell the story the way they want it to be heard

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264

Choice #2. If you choose to commit a crime, obey LE orders when they show up. Save the arguments for court.
Choice #5. If you don't choose #4, then choose to have violence visited upon you, maybe even get shot

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to get it, because it's pretty simple especially if your parents taught you to respect authority. But THAT is another story ...

That sounds great in theory, but do you really want to teach your kids to blindly obey whoever is in authority?

Because I don't.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Do you want your kids to come home after making a stupid choice - see #1?

Your approach is great in theory. BTW, my kids aren't blind, are yours?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jimy
They ran at him, to shoot him, the idiot that shot him jumped out of the car and ran over to shoot the man, time was not of the essences, no one was in danger until they he placed him self there.

They did the pubic a favor...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave

That sounds great in theory, but do you really want to teach your kids to blindly obey whoever is in authority?

Because I don't.

Travis

If your kids have threatened other people with a knife and the popo shows up would you suggest they do?

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 09/30/16.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
They ran at him, to shoot him, the idiot that shot him jumped out of the car and ran over to shoot the man, time was not of the essences, no one was in danger until they he placed him self there.

Some times you will find that there are some small little quirks, in playing God.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Snyper

How would you detain someone having a "mental episode" without "placing yourself there"?

They can't sit around and watch the guy until he falls asleep.

Why didn't the first cop just run him down with the car, he was clearly in the street and disobeying the cop?

Do you know any one with sugar, or any mental disorder such as autism? Their are times that either are reasons for delusional behavior, but certainly not a reason for a death sentence.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, it is fair to abbreviate that the mentally ill and drug addled are subject to summary execution at the discretion of beat cops?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
So, it is fair to abbreviate that the mentally ill and drug addled are subject to summary execution at the discretion of beat cops?

It's ALWAYS been that way..... it just wasn't publicized.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Some times you will find that there are some small little quirks, in playing God.

Yes...I think the guy that got shot finally might have figured that out.

FWIW, the cops were called because he'd been threatening other people in the area with his knife...that area in particular was once a pretty nice place to live, now it's a hotbed of cranksters, crackheads, whores and homeless.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Yes...I think the guy that got shot finally might have figured that out.

FWIW, the cops were called because he'd been threatening other people in the area with his knife...that area in particular was once a pretty nice place to live, now it's a hotbed of cranksters, crackheads, whores and homeless.

Well they have to live some where don't they? laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy with a knife threatens;

cranksters, crackheads, whores and homeless.

Who called the cops?

Why did the cops respond?

There is just so much wrong with this picture.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Guy with a knife threatens;

cranksters, crackheads, whores and homeless.

Who called the cops?

Why did the cops respond?

There is just so much wrong with this picture.

IIRC, it was a parent of some kids he was waving his knife at.

I first seen the video on local TV and the reporter interviewed a couple area residents.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Doesn't sound like the kind of a place I would let my kids play.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Well they have to live some where don't they? laugh

Yes they do...but since the ACLU fought (and won) for the "rights" of the mentally ill to not be institutionalized against their will, we now have to live with the consequences of that decision...this guy and the guy that got shot in El Cajone (San Diego) the other day are prime examples of "unintended consequences"...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Because I don't.

Travis
Travis-I respect your opinions, but if the option is planning a funeral for my son, I'd tell him to do as ordered by the police.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lots of folks need to 'suit up' and go out on the street! In about one year your outlook would probably be a lot different!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ro1459
Was here a second knife? It did not look like this guy was violent enough to be killed. Much we don't don't know, but this looks bad for the police.
Yes, it does.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.