Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Is this murder? Watch whole vid. Shooting/murder? is at 4:40. Was the victim a real threat to cops? Cops claim man had knife. But man threw threw knife at cop car at 3:16 of the video. Dash cam vid shows folding knife bounce off hood. Just seems maybe a taser would have served better here.

Published on Sep 21, 2016

Dashcam shows mentally-ill man shot 14 times as he flees Sacramento police

Sacramento police have released three dashcam videos and one surveillance video which show the pursuit and killing of 50-year-old Joseph Mann, who was shot 14 times by police.

Video and audio recordings were released by Sacramento Police Chief Sam Somers on Tuesday after mounting pressure from the mayor, members of the city council and Mann’s family, who called for more information surrounding the July 11 shooting.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Was here a second knife? It did not look like this guy was violent enough to be killed. Much we don't don't know, but this looks bad for the police.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i can see 8-10 shots, 12 tops but 14 is pushing it. sounds like they need some gun control.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this looks bad for the police.

Nothing they can't handle. Don't believe your lyin' eyes.... wait on the "investigation" to tell you what you saw.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am so tired of this chit that I won't even open it... I am looking for my next 40 to be happy years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Murder??? NO.

Wrongful death of some sort? Maybe.

Deadly force is authorized by LEO if they reasonably believe the subject poses a significant threat of bodily injury or death to themselves or others.

A significant threat is not unreasonble.

COULD they have used less force? Probably.

Did they know he was nuts????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Suicide by cop

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They put them selves in harms way, this chitt has got to stop, its just crazy 12 shots really, a simple double tap wouldn't do? WTF!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
All those police and no one had any l-t-l?

In this day of camera's police agencies really need to up their l-t-l game or they will all be broke.

I can see police rules of engagement being changes to require the positive identification of a firearm etc. not just a "shooting stance" before lethal force is permitted. If departments don't start using their head a bit more things will get a lot worse for cops before they get any better.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jimy
They put them selves in harms way, this chitt has got to stop, its just crazy 12 shots really, a simple double tap wouldn't do? WTF!

You shoot until the threat stops. 1 shot or 100.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
All those police and no one had any l-t-l?

In this day of camera's police agencies really need to up their l-t-l game or they will all be broke.

I can see police rules of engagement being changes to require the positive identification of a firearm etc. not just a "shooting stance" before lethal force is permitted. If departments don't start using their head a bit more things will get a lot worse for cops before they get any better.

A "shooting stance", with anything in the suspect's hands, is a perceived threat - and the cops don't exactly have the time to ask the suspect if that is a "real gun".

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They ran at him, to shoot him, the idiot that shot him jumped out of the car and ran over to shoot the man, time was not of the essences, no one was in danger until they he placed him self there.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
AND, for the record, I DO believe there are some "bad shoots"
Hope I'm NEVER involved in a shoot - much less a bad one!
These decisions than are made in less than a second, maybe in milli-seconds.

Second guessing WILL go on forever!

Last edited by mark shubert; 09/30/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This does not look good by any means.

12 shots in 3 seconds leaves little time for effect to occur.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Police in the USA make about 1500 arrests every day for violent crimes plus probably 25,000-30,000 more arrests every day for just regular crimes.

It shows a lot of restraint & professionalism on the part of the Police that they only shoot & kill about 1.2 people a day on average when they are dealing with that many miscreants.

It seems to be trendy for the news & social media to go after the cops every time they cap some miscreants ass.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounded like 12 shots to me, unless a couple were fired at the same time.

The guy appeared to me to be seriously crack or meth delusional. Totally fried. Seen enough crispy critter crackheads to fill a stadium. Meth isn't really the drug of choice here. So have no idea of what that looks like.

Long story short, if a cop says put down the knife, put down the knife.. unless you're planning on taking 6 or 7 of them on with said knife and they're all holding Glock 23's... which could indeed be called suicide by cop.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a cop has a gun and you have a gun, either shoot the cop or drop your gun.

Even if you drop it there's a chance he'll shoot you anyway, but if you just stand there with it, it's for damn sure he will shoot. He might not hit you, but he will shoot.

If a cop has a gun and you don't........ why don't you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They ran at him, to shoot him, the idiot that shot him jumped out of the car and ran over to shoot the man, time was not of the essences, no one was in danger until they he placed him self there.

How would you detain someone having a "mental episode" without "placing yourself there"?

They can't sit around and watch the guy until he falls asleep.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not a cop, and therefore not knowledgeable on police policies and doctrines. Ask me how to fix a pair of eyeglasses, and I'm your man. That being said, I'd ask our LEO's what the actual policy is for shoot/don't shoot.

The man consistently disobeyed officer's orders. Yes, he threw somethig at the cruiser. I couldn't tell if it was a knife, or what it was. By refusing to do as instructed, HE escalated the situation to the point where the foot pursuit ensued. Did he have a second weapon in hand? I sure couldn't tell from the video.

What sucks is he had any number of chances to comply with the officer's orders, and he chose not to. 'Seems like simple compliance would have prevented all this.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
two solutions for all these cop shootings. One would be to just disarm cops, and give them soft rubber truncheons. The other would be for folks to stop doing stupid things in front of cops.

Sam......

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
two solutions for all these cop shootings. One would be to just disarm cops, and give them soft rubber truncheons. The other would be for folks to stop doing stupid things in front of cops.

Simple solution because life is full of choices, even to keep the unruly among us from being shot or killed by LE:

Choice #1. Don't commit criminal acts
Choice #2. If you choose to commit a crime, obey LE orders when they show up. Save the arguments for court.
Choice #3. Don't have a weapon in your hand when LE show up
Choice #4. Stay alive if you choose the above and go peacefully to jail
Choice #5. If you don't choose #4, then choose to have violence visited upon you, maybe even get shot

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to get it, because it's pretty simple especially if your parents taught you to respect authority. But THAT is another story ...

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Max_Velocity
[b]Is this murder? Watch whole vid.

Are you so retarded that you think your question can be answered by watching a video?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the police are going to continue these unjustified shooting then they need to trash these dash and body cams so they can tell the story the way they want it to be heard

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264

Choice #2. If you choose to commit a crime, obey LE orders when they show up. Save the arguments for court.
Choice #5. If you don't choose #4, then choose to have violence visited upon you, maybe even get shot

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to get it, because it's pretty simple especially if your parents taught you to respect authority. But THAT is another story ...

That sounds great in theory, but do you really want to teach your kids to blindly obey whoever is in authority?

Because I don't.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Do you want your kids to come home after making a stupid choice - see #1?

Your approach is great in theory. BTW, my kids aren't blind, are yours?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

They did the pubic a favor...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave

That sounds great in theory, but do you really want to teach your kids to blindly obey whoever is in authority?

Because I don't.

Travis

If your kids have threatened other people with a knife and the popo shows up would you suggest they do?

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 09/30/16.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Some times you will find that there are some small little quirks, in playing God.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Snyper

How would you detain someone having a "mental episode" without "placing yourself there"?

They can't sit around and watch the guy until he falls asleep.

Why didn't the first cop just run him down with the car, he was clearly in the street and disobeying the cop?

Do you know any one with sugar, or any mental disorder such as autism? Their are times that either are reasons for delusional behavior, but certainly not a reason for a death sentence.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, it is fair to abbreviate that the mentally ill and drug addled are subject to summary execution at the discretion of beat cops?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
So, it is fair to abbreviate that the mentally ill and drug addled are subject to summary execution at the discretion of beat cops?

It's ALWAYS been that way..... it just wasn't publicized.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Some times you will find that there are some small little quirks, in playing God.

Yes...I think the guy that got shot finally might have figured that out.

FWIW, the cops were called because he'd been threatening other people in the area with his knife...that area in particular was once a pretty nice place to live, now it's a hotbed of cranksters, crackheads, whores and homeless.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Yes...I think the guy that got shot finally might have figured that out.

FWIW, the cops were called because he'd been threatening other people in the area with his knife...that area in particular was once a pretty nice place to live, now it's a hotbed of cranksters, crackheads, whores and homeless.

Well they have to live some where don't they? laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy with a knife threatens;

cranksters, crackheads, whores and homeless.

Who called the cops?

Why did the cops respond?

There is just so much wrong with this picture.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Guy with a knife threatens;

cranksters, crackheads, whores and homeless.

Who called the cops?

Why did the cops respond?

There is just so much wrong with this picture.

IIRC, it was a parent of some kids he was waving his knife at.

I first seen the video on local TV and the reporter interviewed a couple area residents.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Doesn't sound like the kind of a place I would let my kids play.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Well they have to live some where don't they? laugh

Yes they do...but since the ACLU fought (and won) for the "rights" of the mentally ill to not be institutionalized against their will, we now have to live with the consequences of that decision...this guy and the guy that got shot in El Cajone (San Diego) the other day are prime examples of "unintended consequences"...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Because I don't.

Travis
Travis-I respect your opinions, but if the option is planning a funeral for my son, I'd tell him to do as ordered by the police.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lots of folks need to 'suit up' and go out on the street! In about one year your outlook would probably be a lot different!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ro1459
Was here a second knife? It did not look like this guy was violent enough to be killed. Much we don't don't know, but this looks bad for the police.
Yes, it does.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by muffin
Murder??? NO.

Deadly force is authorized by LEO if they reasonably believe the subject poses a significant threat of bodily injury or death to themselves or others.

A reasonable threat is an objective standard, which means that the threat has to be imminent and deadly. It also means that an ordinary prudent person would also have to agree that it was needed at that very moment to prevent serious bodily injury or death to the cop. I saw no imminent threat on that video. Words alone are insufficient. There must be a means of causing serious injury presented to the cop in a threatening manner at that very moment. Unarmed disparity of force is sufficient, but there was too much space between the deceased and the cops for this threat to be imminent without a firearm or other deadly projectile type weapon in the hand, and prepared to deploy in a deadly manner.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by muffin
Murder??? NO.

A reasonable threat is an objective standard, which means that the threat has to be imminent and deadly. It also means that an ordinary prudent person would also have to agree that it was needed at that very moment to prevent serious bodily injury or death to the cop. I saw no imminent threat on that video.

I guess since he wasn't driving a pickup truck while you were walking your dog he should get a pass? OTOH, he WAS wild eyed and acting crazy...

I'm not gonna 2nd guess the cops shooting his crazy ass. They aren't paid to get stabbed, shot, beat to hell...they had good reason to put him down on the spot. What if he had gotten away for a short time & killed or stabbed somebody? I'm totally good with them shooting anybody acting like that SOB...whether it was caused by drugs or mental illness makes no difference to me...he was a threat to public safety and was dealt with accordingly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still couldn't see what the cops who shot the man saw, despite the dashcam video.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ting-sacramento-20160711-snap-story.html

"A man was fatally shot by two Sacramento police officers Monday morning after he acted “really crazy” and charged the offices with a knife, police said.

The man, who was in his 50s or 60s, was spotted about 9:25 a.m. waving a knife in the 1100 block of Lochbrae Road when police were called to investigate, according to Sacramento police Sgt. Bryce Heinlein.

Callers complained to a police dispatcher that the man was not making sense and was behaving irrationally.

When the first officer arrived on the scene, the man charged at him, prompting the officer to lock himself in his police cruiser. The officer called for backup and tried to leave the area, but the man walked around the police cruiser and blocked it with his body.
When two backup officers arrived, the man with a knife took off running. The officers began chasing him on foot, and one of them suffered a non-life-threatening injury to his lower body during the pursuit, according to police.

Heinlein said the man refused to comply with the officers’ commands and acted “really crazy.”

When the officers approached the man, he turned around and charged at them, Heinlein said. At that moment, both officers fired their weapons, striking the man.

The man was taken to an area hospital, where he died later Monday morning. The injured officer remained in the hospital for treatment."

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The actual standard for LE is that of a how reasonable LEO (not a citizen) would act, with the information he had at the time he made the decision, given his prior training, general orders, state law and specific agency regulation(s) that apply if any. Additionally, the same elements to justify lethal force by a citizen with respect to imminent death or grievous bodily harm to the LEO also apply. Prevention of grievous bodily harm (eg, permanent disfigurement or physical or mental impairment, etc), justify the use of lethal force, if needed to stop the threat. This is not just limited to the prevention of lethal injury.

A requirement that the suspect be armed, BTW, is not part of the justification for the use of lethal force by either LEOs or citizens involved in a SD situation.

Another distinction between the justification for the use of lethal force by LE, not a citizen, is the prevention of lethal or grievous harm to the public in general. This is the reason that an LEO is justified in engaging in a pursuit of a fleeing criminal, if he believes the criminal still poses a threat to others beyond the LEO himself. In this case, the failure of the subject to drop the knife when ordered and his ongoing flight from LEOs, could reasonable be argued to fall in this category.

I believe most of us on the Fire are philosophically of a strongly libertarian mindset in our advocacy of individual rights. However, let's not forget that the vast majority of LE OIS take place in the course of the commission of a felonious act - in this case, the reported prior threat with the knife constitutes the use of lethal force, or at the very least aggravated assumption by the violator against the neighborhood kids, so his shooting fits the general pattern. Pointing a firearm at a person or use of a knife as a threat if the other elements are presebnt, constitutes lethal force by the offending criminal.

Also, given about 900K LEOs in the US, assuming only 2% deploy lethal force, that adds up to about 18,000 OIS events annually. Nowhere near that many OIS deaths per year, so the argument that LE is out to "murder suspects" is worse than misguided and groundless. Perspective is important, moreso than raw emotion in judging the facts.

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

"A man was fatally shot by two Sacramento police officers Monday morning after he acted “really crazy” and charged the offices with a knife, police said.

The man, who was in his 50s or 60s, was spotted about 9:25 a.m. waving a knife in the 1100 block of Lochbrae Road when police were called to investigate, according to Sacramento police Sgt. Bryce Heinlein.

Callers complained to a police dispatcher that the man was not making sense and was behaving irrationally.

When the first officer arrived on the scene, the man charged at him, prompting the officer to lock himself in his police cruiser. The officer called for backup and tried to leave the area, but the man walked around the police cruiser and blocked it with his body.
When two backup officers arrived, the man with a knife took off running. The officers began chasing him on foot, and one of them suffered a non-life-threatening injury to his lower body during the pursuit, according to police.

Heinlein said the man refused to comply with the officers’ commands and acted “really crazy.”

When the officers approached the man, he turned around and charged at them, Heinlein said. At that moment, both officers fired their weapons, striking the man.

The man was taken to an area hospital, where he died later Monday morning. The injured officer remained in the hospital for treatment."

So are they changing their story.

Now he "charged them", no more shooting stance?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

You're confused...the OP video and the link I posted are of a shooting that happened in Sacramento a couple months ago.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The actual standard for LE is that of a how reasonable LEO (not a citizen) would act, with the information he had at the time he made the decision, given his prior training, general orders, state law and specific agency regulation(s) that apply if any.
That's a recent corruption in our law, created by the courts in order to make the job of police forces easier and less risky. Permitting cops to be judged by the standard of the reasonable cop, however, rather than by that of the reasonable and prudent person, is akin to permitting KKK members, who have just murdered a black man for dating a white woman, to be judged by the standard of the reasonable KKK member. It permits the development a good old boy network standard in the law, the old "us vs them" culture. We're witnessing the natural and unavoidable outcome of that change in legal standard.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The actual standard for LE is that of a how reasonable LEO (not a citizen) would act, with the information he had at the time he made the decision, given his prior training, general orders, state law and specific agency regulation(s) that apply if any.
That's a recent corruption in our law, created by the courts in order to make the job of police forces easier and less risky. Permitting cops to be judged by the standard of the reasonable cop, however, rather than by that of the reasonable and prudent person, is akin to permitting KKK members, who have just murdered a black man for dating a white woman, to be judged by the standard of the reasonable KKK member. It permits the development a good old boy network standard in the law, the old "us vs them" culture. We're witnessing the natural and unavoidable outcome of that change in legal standard.

That's rich...comparing cops to the KKK...TFF.

I'm pretty sure most police shootings are reviewed and investigated by the local LE chief and then forwarded to the local DA for additional scrutiny...might there be a tendency to err on the side of LE??? Sure...and I'm glad it works the way it does...if it didn't, can you imagine anybody wanting to step up to the plate in keeping the schittbirds in check???

Keep living in your make believe world that the cops are the bad guys...

Too bad you missed your true calling...I'm thinking a career at the ACLU would have been a better fit for you and most certainly a better fit for the kids you teach.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's not at all what I believe. The point I was making is that judging people, when the question is whether a homicide is justified, only by the standard of their club's view of reasonableness, doesn't tend to result in justice. Police tend to look out for their own. It's only human nature. Therefore you cannot allow them to investigate themselves and you cannot only hold them to their own standards in judging their conduct with the rest of us. Certainly you can see how that would become a problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty sure most police shootings are reviewed and investigated by the local LE chief and then forwarded to the local DA for additional scrutiny...might there be a tendency to err on the side of LE???

MIGHT???

Is the Pope Catholic?

Has Hitlery ever lied?

Will the sun come up tomorrow?

Surely you jest.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Do you want your kids to come home after making a stupid choice - see #1?

Your approach is great in theory. BTW, my kids aren't blind, are yours?

You don't define "criminal act." Governments do.

That's the flaw in your logic.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Because I don't.

Travis

If your kids have threatened other people with a knife and the popo shows up would you suggest they do?

That's an idiotic question.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Totally inaccurate.

Clark

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

If your comments weren't so outrageously ridiculous on their own, I'd say something more than that.

Easier and less risky? When did you last put on the uniform and answer calls at 2:30 am, without knowing what waits in that car, inside the house or the surrounds? I would try to make a reasonable argument to persuade you away from the ridiculous position you've taken. I'll just say that one of the few things I'll agree with Lincoln on is this advice I'll offer you on this topic, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt."

Nuff said. Call a hippie next time your cookies are burning in the oven instead of dialing 911, AGAIN. Have a safe and peachy day, TRH.

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You're thinking of a different incident

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12

You're thinking of a different incident

So many of these I can't keep up on them all.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That's not at all what I believe. The point I was making is that judging people, when the question is whether a homicide is justified, only by the standard of their club's view of reasonableness, doesn't tend to result in justice. Police tend to look out for their own. It's only human nature.

I don't see it as a problem because other cops (for the most part) are really the only ones who can relate to "heat of the moment" situations that result in a shooting...and even then, it's really easy to second guess a situation from the safety of a video screen...as for them looking out for their own??? I don't know...maybe to a point, but outright murder??? I think not.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

So many of these I can't keep up on them all.

IMHO there should be more and the standard for capitol punishment needs to be lowered...the older I get, the less tolerant I am of unacceptable behavior.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm actually a supporter of police in general. You folks must be hypersensitive or something to have so misunderstood my posts as to take them as anti-cop. I'm just opposed to cops being held to a lower standard on murder than I would be.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm just opposed to cops being held to a lower standard on murder than I would be.

There you go again...they are held to a lower standard for MURDER than you??? Laughing here...you never disappoint.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm not sure what kind of 'mental disorder' this guy had, but it looks to me like it's all cleared up now!

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No, not murder, simply putting down a useless expensive drain on society, what a worthless POFS.

Contributing worthwhile citizens do not act in this manner.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yowsa!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So would it be a patriotic thing to do, for armed citizens to help the tax payers out by removing these undesirable folks from our streets or is this an idea that only cops are properly trained in the act of undesirable elimination?

Just looking to clear this up a bit.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I'm not a cop, and therefore not knowledgeable on police policies and doctrines. Ask me how to fix a pair of eyeglasses, and I'm your man. That being said, I'd ask our LEO's what the actual policy is for shoot/don't shoot.

The man consistently disobeyed officer's orders. Yes, he threw somethig at the cruiser. I couldn't tell if it was a knife, or what it was. By refusing to do as instructed, HE escalated the situation to the point where the foot pursuit ensued. Did he have a second weapon in hand? I sure couldn't tell from the video.

What sucks is he had any number of chances to comply with the officer's orders, and he chose not to. 'Seems like simple compliance would have prevented all this.

I understand all this and don't disagree until it becomes a fatal shooting.

I think that the prevailing culture of local LE has changed a lot over the last 20 or so years and it's causing decisions to be made that cast doubt as to the willingness of many LEs to protect us even if they're in harms way.

It reminds me of Andy & Barney. Too many Barneys running around and nowhere near enough Andys.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
So would it be a patriotic thing to do, for armed citizens to help the tax payers out by removing these undesirable folks from our streets or is this an idea that only cops are properly trained in the act of undesirable elimination?

Patriotic??? I doubt I'd go that far...the bar for a non-LEO taking these schittbirds out should be lowered to "morally justified".

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 10/01/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Good question and correctly worded. Lets see if some of these yahoos can answer it seriously.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And when these "black lives matter" activist, build fires and block state and Federal highways with bodies and bone fires, that certainly put more than a few lives in jeopardy, the proper response would be to take out as many as possible for not following the cops orders to disband ?

Or are there different grades of "police commands" that can, and do, justify the shooting on sight of these citizens who for some reason choose to be non respondents?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm actually a supporter of police in general. You folks must be hypersensitive or something to have so misunderstood my posts as to take them as anti-cop. I'm just opposed to cops being held to a lower standard on murder than I would be.

I don't take your posts as anti-anything. They're simply inaccurate.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And when these "black lives matter" activist, build fires and block state and Federal highways with bodies and bone fires, that certainly put more than a few lives in jeopardy, the proper response would be to take out as many as possible for not following the cops orders to disband ?

Or are there different grades of "police commands" that can, and do, justify the shooting on sight of these citizens who for some reason choose to be non respondents?

Police can shoot threats that pose, or appear to pose a deadly threat.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I don't take your posts as anti-anything. They're simply inaccurate.

Travis
That wasn't directed at you.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Dutch

Amazing how many of these fatal shoots involve mental ill or addicts on high. Years ago society decided that it was unconstitutional to house them. Those who objected to the housing would rather they be killed on the streets by each other or place the burden on the street officers.

Appears the liberal solution of release has created a much larger problem on society. They now have their right to die by sucide by others. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10ring1, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,418
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.