Print Thread
Hop To
P
pdman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Hi All... Ya'll aint gonna beleive this....picked up a new S&W 22 Victory this afternoon...field stripped it according to S&W directions...went to re-assemble and noticed that the bolt HAD NO EXTRACTOR,,!!!!!!! ???? I did not see this when I picked up the weapon....called S&W and a manager got on the line and wanted the serial number to see who worked on that weapon....
Anyway,S&W wants it back..said it is a factory installed part...emailed me a pre-paid label....

I dunno...maybe it was there and when i stripped it & it launched itself into orbit some where....have been looking for it for the last three hours...

whatever can go wrong always will..
Pete

GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been researching this pistol for the past few days and think I saw somewhere that the ejector was spot welded in place. If that's true, you never had one. I've dealt with S&W C/S and was very happy with the outcome. I bet they take good care of you.

I want one of the threaded models for my suppressor. Running a suppressed .22LR tends to gunk up a pistol fast. I really like the quick take down feature of this pistol.

The new (unreleased) Ruger Mark IV looks like it'll breakdown even faster but I don't think they are offering a threaded model yet.

Best of luck.

Last edited by TC1; 09/30/16.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My only experience with S&W customer service was positive, too.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If it makes you feel any better...

A friend of mine used to work production at Purdey's of London.

They built a Sidelock Beesley action Best Quality gun that was going to go to the range for test firing. He said the gun was absolutely beautiful. Exhibition grade walnut, fine rose & scroll engraving, no expense spared. This gun was comfortably over $100k.

When he opened the action he noticed a little something missing. Not only did it not have firing pins, the action frame had never even been drilled for the pins & bushings. They just missed a whole production step.

So, it happens even to the best of them.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You would think an outfit like Purdey would have test-fired that rifle before it left the shop.

Guess they missed at least a couple steps.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pdman: I own a few dozen Smith & Wesson revolvers and have owned several dozen others in the past 50 years - I have only had 1 (ONE!) defective Smith & Wesson pistol in all that time.
I have relayed this long story a couple of times on this forum - mostly with the intent of conveying how quickly and sincerely Smith & Wesson dealt with me and my errant pistol.
The pistol was a Model 647 (six shot stainless revolver in caliber 17 HMR 8 3/8" barrel).
It came to me with NO rifling in its barrel!
Just reamed but with no rifling and not enough room for the bullet to swage its way down the barrel without blowing back bullet fragments into my face!
Anyway promptly upon receiving my pistol back at their service center the head manager of the plant called me and apologized and got a new pistol over-nighted to me.
Now mind you the 647 was brand new back then but forgetting to rifle the barrel still puzzles me to this day.
Humans involved = things CAN and sometimes WILL go wrong.
By the way the new pistol Smith & Wesson sent me shoots as accurately as many Rifles!
I am glad Smith & Wesson is taking care of you also.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I bought a smith victory 22 about a month ago. I looked at the one at the counter and they sold me one new in the box. I got it home and pulled it outta the box and it had no front site on it. Dealer ordered me one the next day. Been a month and still don't have the front site…
Billy

Turn em loose ...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (2500HD, 007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,203
Posts18,466,067
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.