Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Oh well. I tried a blended, factual and realist view.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by curdog4570
So...... Atheists are the only ones who are not delusional?

Those are your words, not mine.

All I did was post the definition.

Yeah... after you posted this :

There no equivalence between the Skeptic and those who hold a belief system in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Now you try to weasel out.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Oh well. I tried a blended, factual and realist view.

Emotions are higher it seems. Too funny given, well, never mind...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
So...... Atheists are the only ones who are not delusional?

Those are your words, not mine.

All I did was post the definition.

Yeah... after you posted this :

There no equivalence between the Skeptic and those who hold a belief system in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Now you try to weasel out.

As I've said before not all Christians/religions/religious beliefs are equal.

I don't believe I've ever heard you claim the earth is less then 10,000 years old, and you seen to have a definition of god that does not manifest outside one's mind. So on balance, how well do you believe your belief stacks up against that definition?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by MojoHand
[

Evolutionists use the belief in evolution as their starting point. That is circular also. The thing about evolution is one has to start with nothing and get something. The creationists start with Infinite Intelligent Energy we call God. One follows the basic concept of science, cause and effect, and the other does not. Both are circular but one is reasonable.

Literally, everything in your post is wrong...literally.

So then you don't accept the basic concept of science is cause and effect? How can one conduct experiments without it?

Pretty simple, really. The creator of cause and effect is above it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by MojoHand
[

Evolutionists use the belief in evolution as their starting point. That is circular also. The thing about evolution is one has to start with nothing and get something. The creationists start with Infinite Intelligent Energy we call God. One follows the basic concept of science, cause and effect, and the other does not. Both are circular but one is reasonable.

Literally, everything in your post is wrong...literally.

So then you don't accept the basic concept of science is cause and effect? How can one conduct experiments without it?

Pretty simple, really. The creator of cause and effect is above it.

So now you are on to "Special Pleading".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm sure not everyone does, but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

Is it hunting season yet? Lol!

Atheists are imposing their religion on everyone else by attacking any evidence of religion in the public square.

Last edited by ConradCA; 09/30/16.

[Linked Image from ]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
OK, nuts azz abroad...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
definition of god that does not manifest outside one's mind.

He manifests Himself in His Creation. That extends well beyond my mind.

He communicates with me in my mind..... but that's just one man's experience. He might write sky messages for the next guy as far as I know.

As far as a 6000 year old earth.... that seems highly unlikely to me based on the relatively short span of time covered by written history. The earliest writers seem to have been looking at basically the same earth we see. Besides, the only argument for the earth being 6000 Y O seems to come from a literal reading of the O T .... a method I disagree with.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep. The Lord often spoke in spiritual terms.

He also spoke physically of behemoths roaming the earth ages ago.

So who told us of the dinosaurs and mastadons 200 years ago, other than Him, in scripture.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/30/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what I have read on here, it is the atheists that attack Christians for believing as they do, not the other way around. I don't believe in forcing my views upon anyone, I'll just tell you how I see things, and go from there. But, instead of disagreeing, the atheists have to try and pick a fight. Sometimes, I think they're just jealous that Christians are going to have everlasting life, and they are not. However, they could, it's their choice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't hate atheists, I think they are
adolescents trying to be a different breed of cat, or they have been disappointed by God in some way and are carrying a resentment.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone claims to have something you don't have, it's a very human reaction to deny that they have it.

And Atheist are - above all else - humans. Humanity is their god.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr
From what I have read on here, it is the atheists that attack Christians for believing as they do, not the other way around. I don't believe in forcing my views upon anyone, I'll just tell you how I see things, and go from there. But, instead of disagreeing, the atheists have to try and pick a fight. Sometimes, I think they're just jealous that Christians are going to have everlasting life, and they are not. However, they could, it's their choice.

That smug, holier than thou attitude is what gets under atheist's skin.

It's like some bratty kid prancing around his friends shouting "I know something you don't know!". He shouldn't be surprised when he gets bopped in the mouth.

For the record I'm not atheist. I was, but the spirit of an extraterrestrial sasquatch came to me in a dream and showed me the light. I'm satanist now.

Last edited by justin10mm; 09/30/16.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
If someone claims to have something you don't have, it's a very human reaction to deny that they have it.

Yes, or deny they are jealous of your huge fish or bull elk.

Maybe some have and hate the feeling that they have been rejected.

I know some who were slighted or treated badly by people who professed to be "christians"- people who truly took the name of the Lord in vain.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yes, or deny they are jealous of your huge fish or bull elk.

Maybe some have and hate the feeling that they have been rejected.

I know some who were slighted or treated badly by people who professed to be "christians"- people who truly took the name of the Lord in vain.

My wife tells me, "Don't do business with Christians if you don't want to get screwed," and she is serious.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No, the argument based on faith.

Faith is a circular argument.

That depends upon the definition and context of faith.
Christian faith is based upon being fully persuaded to affirm the truth having examined the facts of the case and having come to a conclusion. The evidence in the "court-room" is overwhelming- the conclusion is faith. An affirmation of the truth having been persuaded.

Faith also includes trust in a person, (God) once you have gotten to know Him.

Your definition of faith is just your (unknowing) straw man forced off on your antagonists in this debate; it is not rooted in any Christian creed or confession or systematic theology.

Once again; John Locke, "The Reasonableness of Christianity"

Or
http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Text.Only/pdfs/The_Coming_Prince_Text.pdf

Sir Robert Anderson proves the precise fulfillment of the Daniel 9 prophecy as to the time of the Hebrew Messiah "cut off but not for Himself". Just prior to the destruction of the Temple. Which is exactly what happened but predicted by a space of over 400 years.

Undeniable proof that God exists and has revealed Himself via the Hebrew prophets and the Lord Jesus Christ.

And much more from Isaiah; starting with chapter 53

But if Christ Himself manifested and healed on the wrong day or the wrong person you would still not be persuaded.

Last edited by Robert_White; 09/30/16.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by JamesJr

That smug, holier than thou attitude is what gets under atheist's skin.

It's like some bratty kid prancing around his friends shouting "I know something you don't know!". He shouldn't be surprised when he gets bopped in the mouth.

For the record I'm not atheist. I was, but the spirit of an extraterrestrial sasquatch came to me in a dream and showed me the light. I'm satanist now.

There again you have your example. There was no reason for this attack against the Christian belief in God.

The next time you meet someone, try insulting their wife in the worst way you can think of and see how much good will you receive from them after that.If anything, I have witnessed Christians having remarkable restraint in their conversations with atheists on this forum,doing their best to ignore insults against what they hold most dear. They do this for only one reason, hoping that be some grace a word they say may ring true and save a person from destruction.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/30/16.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
when you try to spoon feed a grown man something he don't want, don't get butthurt when he spits it back on ya.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by toad
when you try to spoon feed a grown man something he don't want, don't get butthurt when he spits it back on ya.

I would assume that if he didn't want to talk about it,he would just refrain from joining in the conversation. It's not polite to ask for a bite and then spit it in someone's face because you didn't like it.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 10/01/16.
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

299 members (280shooter, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 264mag, 42 invisible), 2,116 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,151
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.