Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by acooper1983
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
sounds like he has a legitimate gripe to me. If no scouting was done because the guide was on a foreign hunt, Id be pissed as well.

"Scouting" elusive Stone, and Dall, can spook them, and they think NOTHING of moving several valleys.

You'd be well advised to stick to playing fantasy sniper from mocked up roof tops, and leave honest and capable guides / outfitters that KNOW what they're doing in peace.

Wouldn't want you "Pissed".

GTC

you'd be well advised to take the stick out of your ass. You're not spooking [bleep] if you're scouting right. no one said drop in 500 yards from them. As far as your run down of my Practical rifle shooting, Im not sure what the hell that has to do with things ,but any time you'd like to run a course, id love to see you look like a jackass.

Golly, I'm humbled by your vast knowledge and formidable aspect.

...truly awe inspiring, Ace.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
and I'm awe struck by what a complete beat off you are, there now we're both in awe of each other. Just curious though, do you routinely go on hunts (especially paid hunts) where no scouting has been done, and there is no intel as to what animals are in the area? Im not saying this guy is right or wrong, but, if I'm paying to go on a sheep hunt, id probably want to know that there are animals in that area/unit that are of the class that I'm looking to harvest.

Last edited by acooper1983; 09/30/16.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and I'm awe struck by what a complete beat off you are, there now we're both in awe of each other. Just curious though, do you routinely go on hunts (especially paid hunts) where no scouting has been done, and there is no intel as to what animals are in the area? Im not saying this guy is right or wrong, but, if I'm paying to go on a sheep hunt, id probably want to know that there are animals in that area/unit that are of the class that I'm looking to harvest.

Why don't you just READ the rest of this POS thread, and try and get a handle on what actually went down.
Why don't you READ what numerous older hands and resident savvy types have written here about this game.
You seem to be a keen, and motivated shooter, with laudable skills.

...that said , you're sure making it plain that you know diddly about the region discussed, or how late season DISCOUNT hunts play out.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hmmm. I heard Cassair Stone Outfitters was sold. I wonder why? I hope the new owner can make it a reputable outfit. Interestingly, I had another hunter contact me with a similar experience with a moose archery hunt. Unfortunately, he is reluctant to share his experience because how people are treated on this forum when they post a negative experience with an outfitter. It’s really too bad since we should be able to share our stories and allow others to make their own judgements without being attacked. I learned that during my initiation. With that being said, I would be happy to give any advice privately. I’ve been lucky enough to hunt in many countries with some fantastic outfitters so I know I can give some valuable advice.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This thread won't die.

IC B2

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
191 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 15 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 851 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,909
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.