Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Drop George Soros an email.... that would be a good start...

Warren Buffet also...for starters

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Certainly can be a thorny issue but, whether you agree with it or not, the courts settled the question about discriminating based on sex, religion, race, etc.

The outcome is far less discriminating than the way things used to be. Nobody is forcing someone to 'recant' their beliefs or sending them away to indoctrination camps. For those who would prefer to refuse service or goods to certain classes of people based on their personal beliefs, there are less 'open' countries that celebrate such standards.

The real problem here is the hypocrisy of the 'offended' people--in this case, 'christians'. Notice how it is always gays that trigger their 'righteous right of refusal'? Why not any of the other sins denounced in scripture?

Gun owners flip out if an establishment puts up a 'no guns' sign. Imagine if all the businesses in your locale and online could refuse service to anyone whose beliefs/lifestyle 'offended' them?

I live in an area with a high population of Mormons. I don't agree with their beliefs and that's fine--I can still do business with them. That doesn't make me LDS by proxy... cool

Besides, I really don't want to have to fill out the long form survey detailing all my beliefs and shortcomings so some business can decide whether or not they can serve me.... laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is the same sort of crap that the KKK was organized to fight... Things that just ain't right, not to go out and harass innocent Negros as many would have us believe.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Certainly can be a thorny issue but, whether you agree with it or not, the courts settled the question about discriminating based on sex, religion, race, etc.

The outcome is far less discriminating than the way things used to be. Nobody is forcing someone to 'recant' their beliefs or sending them away to indoctrination camps. For those who would prefer to refuse service or goods to certain classes of people based on their personal beliefs, there are less 'open' countries that celebrate such standards.

The real problem here is the hypocrisy of the 'offended' people--in this case, 'christians'. Notice how it is always gays that trigger their 'righteous right of refusal'? Why not any of the other sins denounced in scripture?

Gun owners flip out if an establishment puts up a 'no guns' sign. Imagine if all the businesses in your locale and online could refuse service to anyone whose beliefs/lifestyle 'offended' them?

I live in an area with a high population of Mormons. I don't agree with their beliefs and that's fine--I can still do business with them. That doesn't make me LDS by proxy... cool

Besides, I really don't want to have to fill out the long form survey detailing all my beliefs and shortcomings so some business can decide whether or not they can serve me.... laugh

What do you think would happen if someone went into a Muslim meat company and asked them to get some pork for them? The Muslim would win because they, like gays are the protected groups now. Christian are the targeted group.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Complete idiocy.

The way things "used to be" was called following the Constitution.

Now, the Constitution isn't followed, and of course the result is that these innocent Americans *were* forced to recant their beliefs (bake the [bleep] cake), or be sent to an indoctrination camp (run out of their careers).

These United States were designed to permit its citizens the freedom to refuse to deal with any fn body they want.

Apparently, you don't like freedom, and "celebrate" the government assisting in the destruction of a citizen's life, because the government prefers a different citizen.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I may fail, but am trying to see the broader picture in these persecutions. I'm all about equal rights and opportunities - always have been and will be - and deplore persecution based on who/what a person is. Now - behavior can be another matter.

Whomever said it was not about the cake is correct, and it also was not about "gender". To those who ran this charade and bullied the baker folks, gender is hardly an issue at all, The LGBTQRPN Nazis have no gender identity as such - any mixture of lusts and genitals will do just fine for those folks.

What they seem to crave is some form of legitimacy - seems like any kind will do - as long as it is served up on demand. I can't sympathize or even empathize with their cravings because I'm not a sexual pervert - at least not yet. But if I were living that lifestyle and aware of the centuries of strong views regarding such perversions and taboos (who isn't?), I'd probably be wanting some legitimacy too.

There is no way for folks bound up in such perversions to secure legitimacy on moral/ethical bases. Some of them might look in the mirror and think "OK, I'm strange in that department - it'll have to be so and I'll make my way",

But, their lobby has gone for the one available shiny dime - trying to use our legal system to bully into submission those who take moral positions - bakers, ministers, justices of the peace, etc.. There still are people who think they somehow can build themselves up by tearing others down.

They will succeed here and there, put someone out of business, get a "marriage" license, get a special toilet room, etc.. Some good things may come about with regard to experiencing equal rights and opportunities no matter who you are, and maybe some deserved recognition not formerly afforded. But, it looks as though true legitimacy never can be gained in the courts - no matter how many decent people are trampled in the process.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

What do you think would happen if someone went into a Muslim meat company and asked them to get some pork for them? The Muslim would win because they, like gays are the protected groups now. Christian are the targeted group.

Muslims don't sell pork to anyone, generally.

If they refused to sell goat meat to a Christian, because he was Christian, they would be subject to the same penalties.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
If i was a baker I'd have baked them a cake. No big [bleep] deal. Don't have to agree with their lifestyle.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Minorities and criminals have more rights than we do.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Seafire
Gentlemen,

While we try to point out who really is to blame, it is we conservative who must look in the mirror...

The liberal Gay and Lesbian community are a small percentage of our population... they just have big mouths and supporters who hate our nation, and our society.... and are blessed with deep pockets looking for a place to spend it on to think they are 'changing the world'... just like Mommy and Daddy told them they would do...

The State of Oregon is dominated by the same liberals... ones who 'got involved' so they could make those changes to the 'world'.....their ideology follows anything that circumvents American Society and our long accepted principles....

What have we done as conservatives? We have stood down and done nothing more than complain.... we haven't risen to the occasion with the same zeal and financial commitment that these small big mouthed minorities have....

The same results will keep repeating itself over and over until conservative start stepping up to the plate, and making the same commitment and zeal that the liberal left does.

The frustration in this nation, is a major reason Donald Trump has the popularity it does. But while we complain that the liberal left always expect the government to take care of all of their needs, what do conservative do but stand down and hope ONE MAN can change it all.

Gentlemen, until we start rising to the occasion and challenges with similar zeal and commitment as our foes, then this crap will just continue to occur until the nation we were born and raised in, no longer exists.

It far beyond the "Schitt or Git off the Pot" time.
. I for one have donated money and time to fight this kind of schit! What do you propose we do that's legal!!

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I think the bakery should be allowed to do whatever it is that they think is right as long as they don't break any laws.

That being said, if Jesus owned a bakery, I'm pretty sure he would've baked them a cake. I bet he would've even given it to them....just a thought.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
THIS AIN'T RIGHT! I realize and support what the Constitution says but ....well that ain't right either.

You really cannot have it both ways. We're stuck in one major social consternation.

I really see no way out of this.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Muslims don't sell pork to anyone, generally.

If they refused to sell goat meat to a Christian, because he was Christian, they would be subject to the same penalties.

Don't think I'd care to eat a Muslim's goat..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'd not buy a thing from one.

Point still stands though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I run now, and have run in the past, client-based businesses in Oregon. I have worked with gays- lesbians specifically, but possibly others as well. The only time I've ever had any 2nd thoughts about working with anybody was two different bands I recorded albums for. In the first case, it was a metal band, not very good, and as I recorded and did the punch-ins and edits on the largely unintelligible lyrics I started to freak that the dude was singing about sex with KIDS. I have kids. However soon after, I had reason to trot out of the control room to the iso booth, to move a mic or something, and the guy was crying- big, gnarly, tatoo'd and pierced guy crying in the iso booth. His bandmate was there consoling. After, I asked him about it. Turns out, the guy had been abused, badly, as a kid and was expressing his own experiences via the art and poetry he was making. Boy did I feel like an [bleep].

Second time was a band from Corvallis that I had no issues with, but my wife, a hardcore outside person and gardener, overheard them talking outside the studio while on break.... talking about what amounted to date-rape very openly, as in, a thing that had happened with them, and they thought it was cool, maaaaan.

I could give two [bleep] about what consenting adults do together and frankly, the refusal to bake a cake for a wedding strikes me as bullshit. Get over yourself. There are crimes out there involving sex but two gals getting it on ain't one of them.

However, I cannot endorse a State mandate of the type described by the OP. I certainly have my limits as to who I'll work with. That's MY business, literally.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I would have gladly baked them a cake.

It would have tasted like azz and I would never have to worry about seeing them want to buy another.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Love is a wonderful thing. If two consenting adults love each other, it makes the world a better place.

I'd bake that cake.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BUT! I'd be pissed as hell to be compelled to do so by the State.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Very dumb on the Bakers part . They should've known what was going to happen and now they're paying the price. I would never do it in my business. It would be like not selling the cake to black people that came in. You know you're gonna get fried from it . Terrible battle to fight. A little common sense goes a very long way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Very dumb on the Bakers part . They should've known what was going to happen and now they're paying the price. I would never do it in my business. It would be like not selling the cake to black people that came in. You know you're gonna get fried from it . Terrible battle to fight. A little common sense goes a very long way.

You're a [bleep] moron.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
726 members (007FJ, 222Sako, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 72 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.