P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The top buck looks like a s. Texas buck. powdr

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So they are city bucks? I was thinking high fence not to bash but I have a buddy in Maryland and he does kill some 140-150s but works extremely hard at it fair chase.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
The 1st deer was legally taken by a local taxidermist named Charlie Wallace. Charlie hunted that buck for 3 seasons before he finally killed it. It has 14 scoreable points, double split brow tines and a spread of 28".

Last edited by Ghostman; 09/30/16.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That is a great deer! Saw one almost that good in Zekiah Swamp once. Found a 24" inside with a drop tine , dead on the farm. Not sure what killed it. Both those deer would be once in a lifetime for most people!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When I was still working, making the world safe for dial tone, I saw a couple of big 'uns at night in the Great Falls, Va and Reston area. The Great Falls deer was standing at the end of a long driveway between two lamp posts. He looked like number 1, but not so heavy. Wide though, with TALL tines, right off the TTH website.

The Reston buck was in velvet and already bigger than anything I've ever killed, in June! He was standing in someone's yard in a suburban neighborhood.

Faifax County has archery programs to defend suburbanites from deer depredations. The notion never appealed to me, although there's surely some big bone out there. I always pictured having to follow a monster deer stumbling through peoples' yards squirting blood like Old Faithful (the deer, not me).

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Faifax County has archery programs to defend suburbanites from deer depredations. The notion never appealed to me, although there's surely some big bone out there. I always pictured having to follow a monster deer stumbling through peoples' yards squirting blood like Old Faithful (the deer, not me).

Thats funny rite there, borderline Bill Heavey funny.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TomM1

Thats funny rite there, borderline Bill Heavey funny.
Could very well come true. My sons first archery deer was very close to a development, and close to a path to the beach. It had snowed, he cut the heart in half. Needless to say, tracking was pretty easy. Stayed there a long time, too. Several comments were heard....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I could fill a pickup truck with deer taken out of my backyard every morning. One in particular is a dandy 8-pointer. I've often contemplated a quick shot from a light rifle, but if it runs into a neighbor's back yard before expiring, bad news. Same deal with an arrow or bolt.

While not a very hunting-friendly area, there are redeeming benefits that make up for it- lots of great restaurants and bars containing pretty women being one benefit. Besides, I'm only an hour+ away from good hunting spots.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The top deer almost looks photo shopped. It looks too big to be real. What a whopper.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 1911a1
The top deer almost looks photo shopped. It looks too big to be real. What a whopper.

Also, why isn't that man smiling? grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He looks as dead as the buck, probably from dragging that big boy out to where he could be photo'd.

They should re-touch his eyes like they used to do on tintypes when the subjects blinked from the exploding flash powder.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Those are two very impressive whitetail specimens.

I like the throwback treebark camo on the old grizzled hunter too.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Considering what he's got his hands wrapped around, I'll refrain from critiquing his fashion sense.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Considering what he's got his hands wrapped around, I'll refrain from critiquing his fashion sense.
Ha!!! Good one!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is a monster buck there. Few will see one like that in their lifetimes. Probably myself included.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.