Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I purchased a complete PSA 9mm upper and put together the lower myself. Today I was able to hit the range to give it a run but something is JACKED up!!

I can load it and fire it but it locks up. I can take the mag out and pull back the charging handle (very hard to do) to clear it. It's like my BCG is getting jammed somehow but I have no idea what I could've done wrong!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If its a new build the first thing i'd do is lube the heck out of the BCG and try again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did did use a 9mm buffer system in the lower?

Like Trout said, run it wet.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Did you function test the lower by itself?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
9mm's take a different hammer at least Colts do.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Function test your lower is pretty easy, hammer should reset with just a few pounds of pressure and the safety should work. I think the psa is a ramped bolt, so it should use standard lower parts with a different mag catch. The hybrid uppers must be used with a hybrid lower, not sure what is different.

Lube the bolt, make sure it cycles freely in the carrier and the carrier slides freely in the upper.
Check the buffer spring and buffer to make sure they are free and the right parts for a AR9 (although wrong spring and buffer would probably cause a short stroke)

If it's locking up, probably a gas/bolt issue. About the only thing you can goof up in a lower is getting the hammer spring backwards which will cause light primer strikes.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by TWR

This! Your symptoms indicate that TWR most likely has the problem area nailed.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by TWR

This is a PSA 9mm Hybrid designed to take Glock mags. I just re-checked the PSA site and it states "Accepts standard AR-15 fire control groups, bolt catch, take down & pivot pins, springs & detents, safety selector as well as stock, buffer tube and grips." I replaced the triggers in my Colt 6920s with Geissele SSA triggers and used one of the factory Colt triggers for this build but that shouldn't be an issue.

Originally, I thought I messed something up with the buffer (factory KAK pistol blade kit) but it could very well be something with the trigger. Once I pull the charge handle back, I can charge it over and over normally but once I fire a shot, it binds and is very tough to charge.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
check your gas key/tube fit. also make sure your gas block is seated right over the gas port.
i have one bcg with a tight gas key and it binds up like that on several tubes, but does fine on one ,so i dedicated them to each other.

Last edited by deerstalker; 10/01/16.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
wonder if your buffer is over riding the stop when you fire and it returns to battery. Then pulling on the charging handle with difficulty you put the buffer back over the stop and it stays put, so it is not as difficult on the second charge attempt. What lower parts kit did you use?

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
That would make sense Jimmy. Most of the springs/pins are CMMG, the trigger is Colt and the buffer/tube/spring are KAK.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Is it ejecting the fired round? If it isnt you may have to polish the chamber.

Try dry firing it and then pull the charging handle, if it locks up then your hammer is binding your bolt.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by TWR

This is a PSA 9mm Hybrid designed to take Glock mags. I just re-checked the PSA site and it states "Accepts standard AR-15 fire control groups, bolt catch, take down & pivot pins, springs & detents, safety selector as well as stock, buffer tube and grips." I replaced the triggers in my Colt 6920s with Geissele SSA triggers and used one of the factory Colt triggers for this build but that shouldn't be an issue.

Originally, I thought I messed something up with the buffer (factory KAK pistol blade kit) but it could very well be something with the trigger. Once I pull the charge handle back, I can charge it over and over normally but once I fire a shot, it binds and is very tough to charge.

Better check the specs on that upper.

Some of the PSA 9mm uppers are only designed to work with lowers by the same manufacturer.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, BallisticBRYAN, 10 invisible), 1,575 guests, and 822 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.