Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by curdog4570
so...... what are the cops gonna use for target practice now?

Ah, that reminds me of my time living in Atyrau Kazakhstan when I learned of the annual dog culling whilst sleeping in bed at 6:00 AM. Had me belly crawl to the window to discover the event. It was a sight to see. Most American's would have been lost on it... Just life outside the US, frankly.

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by EdM

Ah, that reminds me of my time living in Atyrau Kazakhstan when I learned of the annual dog culling whilst sleeping in bed at 6:00 AM. Had me belly crawl to the window to discover the event. It was a sight to see. Most American's would have been lost on it... Just life outside the US, frankly.

[Linked Image]

I see zero for some reason.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by EdM

[Linked Image]

I see zero for some reason.

Still?

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
I oppose the legislating of dog ownership.

Travis

Trust me, after two months and $10k I was thinking...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
$10K on what?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
When I moved here, the county had a ban on the breed I owned, in fact it still does.
I went to the Colorado state vet school and had them listed as Malamutes.
When I asked the vet, he said "Well they look like Malamutes, but I'll call them Cocker Spaniels if that's what you want".

you can't have Malamutes?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was 1 attempt 8 seconds also. Although that Patterdale Terrier is a deceiving pic. It looks more like a pit than a typical Patterdale Terrier.

I normally am not for more rules and regulations. Feel we already have too many. But for Pit Bulls, I will make an exception. They are a proven menace to society. They are in the news here regularly. Never good news, of course. And even he owners who can be considered "good owners" are always still " shocked and amazed" that their dog attacked someone. It is always the same old story. Some people just don't get it. The record speaks for itself.

I saw a Pit in my driveway by side of house last week. It was around midnight. I yelled at it and it left. I then saw the owner. Teenage girl. Told her to tell her parents if their dog was in my yard again it would get shot, and that I meant it. And I did. I have a wife, 2 teenage daughters, a Golden that hasn't a mean bone in her body, and a 4 lb. puppy. I don't need what I consider a loose cannon running around near my house. It is just a chance I am not willing to take......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Pieces of [bleep] like this, and with no outcry of racism, not a single negative remark from any government official, most especially not our country's leader, and with the blessing of Canadians.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1625585/canadian-soldier-struck-by-car-in-quebec-has-died/

Canadian soldier dies in Quebec attack ‘linked to terrorist ideology’

TORONTO – Twenty-five-year-old Martin Rouleau, the now-deceased suspect in a deadly hit-and-run that killed one soldier and injured a second, was one of 90 people being monitored for potential terrorist activity and had his passport seized by RCMP.

“What took place yesterday is clearly linked to terrorist ideology, and that’s why we’re offering the support of the INSET (Integrated National Security Enforcement Team) in the investigation,” said Steven Blaney Tuesday morning. “This is a terrible act of violence against our country, against our military, against our values.”

Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is supporting the investigation, citing national security implications.

“There is reason to believe the event was the violent expression of an extremist ideology promoted by terrorist groups with global followings,” said spokesperson Tahera Mufti in a statement. “That something like this would happen in a peaceable Canadian community like Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu shows the long reach of these ideologies.”

Blaney added the security situation had been monitored for “several weeks” and that RCMP would be providing an update later Tuesday.

RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson later said the suspect was one of 90 being monitored in an ongoing national security investigation.

He said he does not suspect the slain man had co-conspirators.

“We don’t suspect that, but we’re open to that and we’re concerned about that, so we’re going to be pursuing every investigative avenue to satisfy ourselves that we’ve eliminated that possibility,” he told reporters after an appearance before the House of Commons house affairs committee.

Quebec Provincial Police (QPP) officers are conducting an independent inquiry to determine the sequence of events in the attack, said Lt. Guy Lapointe at a morning press conference. He said the RCMP INSET team is simultaneously investigating motives that may have prompted the suspect’s attack.

“Right now the working thesis is that it was a deliberate act… The investigation is starting I can’t go into detail,” said Lapointe, who added anyone with information can contact investigators at 1-800-659-4264.

Geneviève Guilbault from the Quebec coroner’s office confirmed to Global News that the deceased soldier is 53-year-old Patrice Vincent.

The second soldier’s injuries were described as less serious and authorities are not concerned for his life.

Police said the suspect was waiting in a car up to two hours in a parking lot of a Service Canada office located in Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, before slamming it into the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members.

Following the attack the suspect fled in his car and was chased by police for roughly four kilometres from the original scene at the corner of Schubert and Du Séminaire Streets, until the man lost control of the vehicle and it rolled over several times into a ditch. Quebec Police Lt. Guy Lapointe said the suspect left the car after losing control and had a knife in his hand.

The suspect was shot up to seven times by police according to witnesses, and was pronounced dead Monday evening.

SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU LOCATOR

Québec’s Public Security Minister and Deputy Premier Lise Thériault reminded Canadians of the dangers of associating with “someone who is radicalized” such as suspect Martin Rouleau, who was known for his posts on social media.

“People who’ve seen these kind of comments made on social networks are invited to contact the police,” said Thériault. “Instructions were given two weeks ago to members of the QPP and directors of provincial police forces, so that if there are potential threats we can investigate them.”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
How do they determine what a Pitbull is? There are mixed breed dogs that look rather Pitbull like to the uninitiated. Some people see a Boxer mix or a Bull Mastiff mix and call them Pitbulls. Are only those dogs with papers banned?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Alamosa
I believe Denver had a ban on them for a number of years but now allows them.
Miami tried it, but ran into so many problems identifying non-Pitbulls as Pitbulls that it was constantly being litigated on appeal. Finally, the Florida Supreme Court determined that a breed specific ban was, by its nature, too vague to be Constitutional. Dogs are a species with a wide range of variability in size, body type, etc. The concept of breed isn't actually scientific, so there's no way to determine it in a legal sense, apart from the showing of pure breed papers, which few of the accused were willing to do.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 700LH
fighting breeds, including: American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog (Old Country bulldog), Dogo Argentino, Canary dog (Canary Island dog, Presa Canario, Perro de Presa Canario), Presa Mallorquin (Perro de Presa Mallorquin, Ca de Bou), Tosa (Tosa inu, Tosa fighting dog, Japanese fighting dog, Japanese mastiff), Cane Corso (Cane di Macellaio, Sicilian branchiero), Fila Brasileiro (Brazilian mastiff

Should be shot on sight

This^^^
Nah. Let's shoot bird dogs. I like birds, and bird dogs help folks shoot birds. Birds are pretty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any dog that looks remotely like a pitbull is shot around my place. Same with all those "mean" breeds like Rottweilers, etc.

No need for regulation..... unless I'm shooting a double barrel.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
How do they determine what a Pitbull is? There are mixed breed dogs that look rather Pitbull like to the uninitiated. Some people see a Boxer mix or a Bull Mastiff mix and call them Pitbulls. Are only those dogs with papers banned?

The whole ban is a joke, and the Montreal Mayors' way of securing some votes for the next election.

Here you go, your answers and more. Quoted from the below artcle:

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/frequently-asked-questions-on-montreals-new-pit-bull-ban

Frequently asked questions on Montreal's new pit bull ban

For pit-bull-type dogs:

As of Oct. 3 it is illegal to acquire a pit-bull-type dog. Potential owners have until then to adopt or buy one.

Current owners of pit-bull-type dogs must obtain a special permit by Dec. 31; if they don’t the dog is forbidden on Montreal territory and could be euthanized. Any dogs deemed dangerous can also be euthanized.

By March 1, owners must supply documentation proving the dog has its special permit ($150), is sterilized, microchipped and vaccinated; owners can only have one dog. Owners will have to submit proof they have no criminal record.

As of Oct. 3, pit-bull-type dogs will have to be muzzled at all times outside of their homes and kept on a 1.25-metre leash.

What is a pit-bull-type dog?

According to the city bylaw, they are American Staffordshire terriers, Staffordshire bull terriers and American pit bull terriers, any mixed breed dogs that have a part of those breeds, or any dog with similar physical characteristics.

How do I find out if my dog is considered a pit-bull-type?

Councillor Anie Samson said the dog can be easily identified visually; often they have large heads and wide necks. The SPCA says it’s virtually impossible to identify “pit-bull-type dogs” definitively, and even its veterinarians can’t do it.

Who will decide if dog is considered a pit-bull-type breed?

City spokespeople on Wednesday suggested citizens call Montreal’s help line at 311 to ask, but citizens who have done so said the operators didn’t have the information.

City spokespeople were unable to provide additional information Wednesday.

Can I fight the classification of my dog as a pit-bull-type if I think it’s incorrect?

Spokespeople for the city of Montreal were unable to provide the information Wednesday.

How do I get a certificate proving I have no criminal record?

City officials Wednesday said probably at the police department, but were not certain. The Montreal police force said Wednesday they were not aware how citizens will get their background checks.

Will the SPCA euthanize pit-bull-type dogs starting Monday?

The SPCA says it’s against its mandate to kill healthy, behaviourally sound dogs, so it won’t. But it does not have the funds to ship hundreds of dogs abroad. Rescue organizations have already transported dozens of pit bulls to places like New Brunswick and Saskatchewan. (The Montreal SPCA estimates one third of the 2,000 dogs it receives each year are of the city’s pit-bull-type category) The new bylaw could force it to terminate dog services for the 10 boroughs it serves. The SPCA filed an injunction in court Wednesday to suspend elements of the bylaw.

How will the city enforce the law?

It’s promising to hire the equivalent of eight full-time inspectors. At present, boroughs like Côte-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grâce (population 165,000), Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Plateau-Mont-Royal and Rosemont-La-Petite Patrie hire a canine inspector for half of every week. The city has promised to hire more with revenues from dog licensing. Several councillors said the ban is unenforceable because of a lack of funds and inspectors.

Last edited by Lynn; 09/30/16. Reason: Age
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Any dog that looks remotely like a pitbull is shot around my place. Same with all those "mean" breeds like Rottweilers, etc.

By now, you'd think someone would have done something about you, which makes me doubt your story, since you're quite obviously still breathing.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
$10K on what?

Dave

Multiple flights, travel to/from flights, 30 days quarantine, meds, boarding for quarantine...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

By now, you'd think someone would have done something about you, which makes me doubt your story, since you're quite obviously still breathing.

You must live in a very strange place if you think my behavior with respect to dogs is aberrant.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM
When we moved to Australia we also moved our dog, which was a major piece of work both in time and money. As we went through the process the documentation made clear that any of the "bull" breeds were not allowed. Once we arrived, to our surprise, the majority of the dogs we saw were "bull" variants.

Now Ed you know that is not right, we don't have any 'bulls' here, we only have 'pig dogs'...totally different thing.

Miss us yet?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You must live in a very strange place if you think my behavior with respect to dogs is aberrant.
Perhaps you meant to say that dogs of this general type on your place (land) are shot, not around it, which (the latter) would include dogs on your neighbors' properties.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Perhaps you meant to say that dogs of this general type on your place (land) are shot, not around it, which (the latter) would include dogs on your neighbors' properties.

Any wandering dogs found on farmland around here are shot on sight, there is nothing aberrant about it as it is the same all across Australia.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lynn

Will the SPCA euthanize pit-bull-type dogs starting Monday?

The SPCA says it’s against its mandate to kill healthy, behaviourally sound dogs, so it won’t. But it does not have the funds to ship hundreds of dogs abroad. Rescue organizations have already transported dozens of pit bulls to places like New Brunswick and Saskatchewan. (The Montreal SPCA estimates one third of the 2,000 dogs it receives each year are of the city’s pit-bull-type category) The new bylaw could force it to terminate dog services for the 10 boroughs it serves. The SPCA filed an injunction in court Wednesday to suspend elements of the bylaw.

This part about what to do with them is a slippery slope.
When a dog fighting ring was busted in a nearby town some years ago there was an outcry of sympathy for the poor dogs. This was a pretty large number of dogs - about 50.
After a time - a few weeks I think - they declare success by proclaiming that none of the poor fighting dogs had to be euthanized due to lack of a place to put them.
... the rest of the story (the tragic part) is that to make space for them in the shelters they had to shorten the already short lease on life that the existing shelter dogs had (almost all more desirable animals) to accommodate the fighting dogs.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.