Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice bull!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudhen
Nice bull!

What he said!

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Damned few organizations are as effective as RMEF in turning revenue into actually meeting their stated mission---which is a great accomplishment for wildlife and hunters.

They have my vote and support no matter what the uninformed or misguided sling around with a click of the button.

Bugle is the only mag I subscribe to (with a membership). I have saved everyone so that someday when I am pretty much tied to my rocking chair, I can re read them.

The benefits to the members and donors are great and if one of them gets a special bonus here and there, good.
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the record, this got me thinking and I went and joined RMEF.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by bersh
For the record, this got me thinking and I went and joined RMEF.

Well played Bersh, well done!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
That's interesting. If you're talking about conserving habitat, I'd like to hear about how youre putting your dollars to work. Care to elaborate?
It is going to OHA NRA Oregon Firearms federation

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Local is a good way to go, good on you.

Just curious though, what has RMEF spent money on that you object to, as opposed to other national organizations like NRA?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RMEF has plenty of Rich guys footing the bill. I will use my cash for less well funded Objectives.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by baltz526
RMEF has plenty of Rich guys footing the bill.

I haven't seen that myself but to each his own.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The wolves are still a problem.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by baltz526
RMEF has plenty of Rich guys footing the bill. I will use my cash for less well funded Objectives.

I got invited to an RMEF banquet this year and I saw a little of both sides: Rich people with money to burn, but mostly ordinary folks who spent hard earned money to support their work.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not a big joiner and have a less than positive impression of many of the self important folks who flock to governing boards of local organizations, less so most bigger organizations. But I like about everything I've seen of RMEF. They don't call my cell phone while I'm working to ask for money like the NRA idiots who still don't get the message. I like Bugle, I like the fact that guys in Michigan kill big bulls and that habitat in the West is preserved.

I didn't know Bigfin was on the board - but Ilke that too. I'll renew next year and may go to another banquet too. I will admit the prizes are the big draw for me at those, a buddy goes to a couple a year and dumps several hundred into the raffle. I think he's won 7 or 8 guns at least 2 times getting first choice. He has his own glass and screen business, works hard with his hands every day he isn't elk hunting and RMEF is his primary charity. Obviously one of the "Rich Guys" identified.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.