Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by MadMooner
but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

That's because they are going to Hell. It's not hate, it's just being truthful, and as we all know, the truth can hurt. But, I respect their right to make that choice...just as I expect them to respect MY right to be a Christian.

So, you are saying that your god would not accept someone who didn't believe in him/her/it but who still chose to live a good life because they believed it was right, but, would accept someone who did believe in him/her/it and who lived a good life out of some fear of punishment or the promise of reward? Saying "you must believe in me, love me, worship me" etc. sounds very narcissistic, which is a human failing. I think there is far more evidence that we created our gods than the other way around.

I'm not going to argue religion, or as to whether or not there is a God, because I'm not a Bible scholar, I'm just an ordinary Christian. You are free to believe as you so choose. I happen to believe there is indeed a God, and that he sent his son Jesus Christ to come and die on the cross, in order that I (and you too if you wish) might be forgiven of my sins and enter into the Kingdom of God (Heaven), after I die. It's just that simple. If you choose not to believe that, all I can say is that's it's your loss. I would sincerely hope that you would come to the same conclusion I have, and find everlasting life.

Jim,

I'll take this as you concession that you have no substantial evidence supporting your faith. Most people become Christian because they are born into Christian families. Many of those families tell their kids they can only be good if they are Christian, and they will suffer greatly if they are not, so the kids become Christian without any deeper thought.

Yea, you are Christian, but you see no reason people unfairly just because they are different, mostly want to be left alone, and would rather spend you Sunday morning hunting, then listening to some preacher. I think this describes a lot of "Christians".

At a function level, many Christians act more in as modified humanist then they realize (there's some stupid lefty stuff in the Humanist Manifesto, that really has no place it in, and I would delete). If someone is in need, they don't sit around and pray, they get up and do something. In this world, few Campfire Christians really wait around for God to solve their problems, they work to fix it themselves, and improve things for others were they can.....kind of like an atheist would...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Ringman

My wife tells me, "Don't do business with Christians if you don't want to get screwed," and she is serious.

Thank her for me. I really like being called a cheat by someone who has never meet me or had any dealings with me. It shows Christ's love shines through her to fellow believers.

I had intended to try to get together 2ith you on my next trip your way but seeing how she feels about me I will just keep on driving.

Scott, I worked customer disputes at a large brokerage firm for several years. Anytime someone brought up their religion during a dispute, they would attempt to leverage it for money. Not once did I ever hear, "because I'm a good Christian I will pay what I owe". It was always, I'm a good (insert religion, or ethnicity here), so you should give me money.

I would amend Ringman's statement (after all, he just told everyone to never do business with him!) to I'd be very caution about doing business with anyone who claimed their religion was a reason I should do business with them.

Of course, that's a minority of Christian. Most Christians I do business with convinced me they have the best product at the best price, and never mention their religion.

As you know those who tout their perfection generally do so to hide their flaws. Ringman's has previously stated he does not sin. If that is so then good for mum but when his wife makes statements like the one he posted then she is bearing false witness about those she does not know making g me wonder if Ringman's is unevenly yoked.

I am not perfect in any way and even if I were I would never have the nerve to say I do not sin.

The whole thing makes me feel ill. Think I will lave this subject alone.

Scott,

Sorry to hear some of your fellow Christians are making you ill. Trying to watch them jump through all those hoops can really make one dizzy...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

That's because they are going to Hell. It's not hate, it's just being truthful, and as we all know, the truth can hurt. But, I respect their right to make that choice...just as I expect them to respect MY right to be a Christian.

So, you are saying that your god would not accept someone who didn't believe in him/her/it but who still chose to live a good life because they believed it was right, but, would accept someone who did believe in him/her/it and who lived a good life out of some fear of punishment or the promise of reward? Saying "you must believe in me, love me, worship me" etc. sounds very narcissistic, which is a human failing. I think there is far more evidence that we created our gods than the other way around.

I'm not going to argue religion, or as to whether or not there is a God, because I'm not a Bible scholar, I'm just an ordinary Christian. You are free to believe as you so choose. I happen to believe there is indeed a God, and that he sent his son Jesus Christ to come and die on the cross, in order that I (and you too if you wish) might be forgiven of my sins and enter into the Kingdom of God (Heaven), after I die. It's just that simple. If you choose not to believe that, all I can say is that's it's your loss. I would sincerely hope that you would come to the same conclusion I have, and find everlasting life.

Jim,

I'll take this as you concession that you have no substantial evidence supporting your faith. Most people become Christian because they are born into Christian families. Many of those families tell their kids they can only be good if they are Christian, and they will suffer greatly if they are not, so the kids become Christian without any deeper thought.

Yea, you are Christian, but you see no reason people unfairly just because they are different, mostly want to be left alone, and would rather spend you Sunday morning hunting, then listening to some preacher. I think this describes a lot of "Christians".

At a function level, many Christians act more in as modified humanist then they realize (there's some stupid lefty stuff in the Humanist Manifesto, that really has no place it in, and I would delete). If someone is in need, they don't sit around and pray, they get up and do something. In this world, few Campfire Christians really wait around for God to solve their problems, they work to fix it themselves, and improve things for others were they can.....kind of like an atheist would...

it's Thanksgiving, yet again. and i don't have a turkey in the house. so, please god, give me the strength, courage, energy, and desire to go procure a turkey for our family's Thanksgiving Dinner. ..and if i come into two turkeys, let me have them both so i can share one with my neighbor..... it appears those turkeys are coming under the gun.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
[quote=justin10mm][quote=JamesJr]From what I have read on here, it is the atheists that attack Christians for believing as they do, not the other way around. I don't believe in forcing my views upon anyone, I'll just tell you how I see things, and go from there. But, instead of disagreeing, the atheists have to try and pick a fight. Sometimes, I think they're just jealous that Christians are going to have everlasting life, and they are not. However, they could, it's their choice.

That smug, holier than thou attitude is what gets under atheist's skin.

It's like some bratty kid prancing around his friends shouting "I know something you don't know!". He shouldn't be surprised when he gets bopped in the mouth.

For the record I'm not atheist. I was, but the spirit of an extraterrestrial sasquatch came to me in a dream and showed me the light. I'm satanist now.

an extraterrestrial sasquatch is not possible. it's impossible. sasquatch was the original humans. they were impacted by the extraterrestrials, such as the tall, blonde, blue-eyed Pleadians, and were upgraded through GMO, to become the rank & file commuters on the American highways driving Japanese cars.

i can't imagine why anyone would invest time, effort, and interest in being a Satanist. what would be the payoff? i mean, true self serving souls could choose wisely and receive an infinity of paradise for a mere 80 years plus or minus served down here on the Earth. just get a job, go to work, pay your taxes, worship at the right church, and receive a near automatic payout or payback. good decisioning is hard to beat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thread Title: Why does everyone hate atheists?
This is religious thread with a religious reference in the title.
Really?? Is atheism a religion? If so, how so?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Atheists and Christians are more alike than different. Over the course of human history there have been many, many thousands of religions and the number of gods/deities humans have worshiped is estimated to be in the millions. The only difference between us is that I don't believe in 1 more of all those gods than you.

The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

The god one worships is typically not a matter of choice but of what country/culture/tribe etc that you were born into. If there really is one true god, that wants all of us to recognize and worship him/her/it, why didn't he/she/it make its presence known to all people all over the world all at the same time? Why give the word to only one chosen people,in one small region of the world and then rely on word of mouth, over many centuries, to spread the word? If you believe that it all started with Adam and Eve, why did some of their descendants keep the knowledge of one god while other descendants found the need to create thousands of other religions, some with as many as 1,000 deities? Why don't their histories contain stories of an Adam and an Eve? The only logical conclusion one can come to, after giving it any thought, is that man has created many gods over the years, most in man's own image, to help explain things that he couldn't yet understand and to establish order and control behavior.

Last edited by cooper57m; 10/01/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Atheists are the ultimate hypocrites. They condemn every other religion, especially Christian, while denying that their fer ventless held beliefs are a religion. They feel their religious views should supersede the majority, no prayer in school or Christmas displays in town squares.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Atheists and Christians are more alike than different. Over the course of human history there have been many, many thousands of religions and the number of gods/deities humans have worshiped is estimated to be in the millions. The only difference between us is that I don't believe in 1 more of all those gods than you.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

The god you worship is typically not a matter of choice but of what country/culture/tribe etc that you were born into. If there really is one true god, that wants all of us to recognize and worship him/her/it, why didn't he/she/it make its presence known to all people all over the world all at the same time? Why give the word to only one chosen people,in one small region of the world and then rely on word of mouth, over many centuries, to spread the word? If you believe that it all started with Adam and Eve, why did some of their descendants keep the knowledge of one god while other descendants found the need to create thousands of other religions, some with as many as 1,000 deities? Why don't their histories contain stories of an Adam and an Eve? The only logical conclusion one can come to, after giving it any thought, is that man has created many gods over the years, most in man's own image, to help explain things that he couldn't yet understand and to establish order and control behavior.

of course atheists and christians & others are more alike than different. it's not something to concede, but to accept and to recognize as true. we all walk on the surface of a dense planet, and move around in the atmosphere. it's pretty plain to see for objective observers.

the best mankind can do at any point in the development of the human condition is to define god using the best possible understanding we possess at the time, as individuals. we are individuals afterall, moving forward as a population or group. kinda like a flock of blackbirds over a field that has just been harvested??

if i believed for a moment that we knew where we came from, i'd be shouting it from the house tops. but, i don't know and don't claim to either. "God" as a concept, is a kind of a catchall. better to have one to capture all the detritus and put in one place or container rather than allow it to float around polluting everything else.

humans on the earth are quite a challenge to fully understand, and define, aren't we? we moved from caveman, to sunlit structures, to the building of big cities, and now we're moving on to the moon, mars, and beyond. we can't define race, and we can't even define the basis of a human being. we don't have a clue.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What "religion" does not have a god? Atheism is just a thought held by those who have examined the concept of religions and rejected them just as you have rejected the other many thousands of religions that exist or has existed. If every other one of the thousands of religions that existed is wrong or false EXCEPT yours, then maybe, just maybe, yours is too. Some of us just see the pattern and say if all the other religions that existed were false, then the odds are good that yours is too.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if everyone occupying the various seats at the RoundTable can stay away from cheap sorcerer's tricks, the conversation can continue to advance productively. no doubt.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Gus

an (ghost of) extraterrestrial sasquatch is not possible. it's impossible. sasquatch was the original humans. they were impacted by the extraterrestrials, such as the tall, blonde, blue-eyed Pleadians, and were upgraded through GMO, to become the rank & file commuters on the American highways driving Japanese cars.

i can't imagine why anyone would invest time, effort, and interest in being a Satanist. what would be the payoff? i mean, true self serving souls could choose wisely and receive an infinity of paradise for a mere 80 years plus or minus served down here on the Earth. just get a job, go to work, pay your taxes, worship at the right church, and receive a near automatic payout or payback. good decisioning is hard to beat.

He's dead Jim.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by Gus

an (ghost of) extraterrestrial sasquatch is not possible. it's impossible. sasquatch was the original humans. they were impacted by the extraterrestrials, such as the tall, blonde, blue-eyed Pleadians, and were upgraded through GMO, to become the rank & file commuters on the American highways driving Japanese cars.

He's dead Jim.

real freedom for the rank & file is to be able to move smoothly in the traces. now, that's what freedom is.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

For the record I'm not atheist. I was, but the spirit of an extraterrestrial sasquatch came to me in a dream and showed me the light. I'm satanist now. [/quote]

There again you have your example. There was no reason for this attack against the Christian belief in God.

The next time you meet someone, try insulting their wife in the worst way you can think of and see how much good will you receive from them after that.If anything, I have witnessed Christians having remarkable restraint in their conversations with atheists on this forum,doing their best to ignore insults against what they hold most dear. They do this for only one reason, hoping that be some grace a word they say may ring true and save a person from destruction. [/quote]

RH,

Your example is not valid.

This is religious thread with a religious reference in the title. This is not the reloading forum, so your accusation does not hold.

If someone walks up to you and ask you to suck their dick, you would be justified in your offence on the street, but not in a gay bar.

All Justin did was take your belief system and plug in a different fictitious creature. In a thread titled "Why does everyone hate atheist", you should expect example of how your reasoning fails.

Instead of turning into a snowflake, how about countering with a logical argument demonstrating why his example is not valid? [/quote]

Yes, it's a religious thread and anyone with any sense at all knows that the post in question was worded with the intention to offend. If I know you suck dicks and ask you to suck one that may not offend you. If you know I respect God and you intentionally refer to God in a manner you know will be offensive to me,that's something entirely different.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 10/01/16.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I think there is a huge difference between being an atheist and being an anti-theist.

As far as I know, an atheist is someone who does not believe in god, gods or whatnot.

An anti-theist is one who tries to condemn or convince of the folly of those people who do believe in god, gods, or whatnot.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Christopher Hitchens was a great example of an anti-theist.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Scott F,

Ringman's has previously stated he does not sin.

I don't know if I can make this clear enough but I will try. You are a liar!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

If Christians decided to "water down nothing" and all begin preaching Young Earth Creationisms, women be silent, and death to gays, witches, etc...the pews would empty quickly, and there would be a lot of empty Churches re-purposed as night clubs.

I agree with this presentation of the Truth. I've been a Christian for more than forty years and only know of one church that actually preached the Whole Gospel. There were about fifty members.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The god one worships is typically not a matter of choice but of what country/culture/tribe etc that you were born into. If there really is one true god, that wants all of us to recognize and worship him/her/it, why didn't he/she/it make its presence known to all people all over the world all at the same time? Why give the word to only one chosen people,in one small region of the world and then rely on word of mouth, over many centuries, to spread the word? If you believe that it all started with Adam and Eve, why did some of their descendants keep the knowledge of one god while other descendants found the need to create thousands of other religions, some with as many as 1,000 deities? Why don't their histories contain stories of an Adam and an Eve? The only logical conclusion one can come to, after giving it any thought, is that man has created many gods over the years, most in man's own image, to help explain things that he couldn't yet understand and to establish order and control behavior.

The biggest reason I am a Christian is the historical life, death, and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.

Once I was watching a TV program about history; not religious history. There was a panel of five. None were Christian. At least one was from Russia. The Russian tried to say that Jesus was a myth. The other four non-Christians berated the Russian so much the person didn't add anymore to the discussion.

For those who don't know I highly recommend looking into Simon Greenleaf. Some moderns try to debunk him. But then nothing new here, they don't accept America's true history also.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
God doesn't!

He has a surprise for 'em!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I believe in God. I am christian. I choose to error on the side of caution, if I am right I go to heaven, if I am wrong...............nothing. If you don't believe in God and you are right then.........nothing.............but if you don't beleive in God and your wrong..............your toast. I could not care less what you believe, the difference is that atheist do care if you believe. They hate you, belittle you, berate you, attack your beliefs and your traditions etc. The reason I don't like atheists is they don't know how to mind their own f@*#%cking business.....................So I personaly hope they are wrong, and if they are right it won't matter anyway.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 48 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.