Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
...seems about dead in the water...

The .350 is my favorite hunting round. Love short action bolt guns and this is about as much "fun" as one can pack into a short action package. Once in a while I'll go over to GunBroker and see what is being sold and what kind of money they are getting...this last couple of times have been depressing.

Like new possibly never fired Remingtom Model 600...starting price $800 and has been through a couple of cycles. Looking at the completed auctions nice guns were sold, with scopes sometimes, for less than $800.00. One Seller however put one out at $1200 and someone bought it..... A few years ago a nice but well hunted with 600 would bring $900 and a like new one $1200.

Remington Custom Shop 7KS and 7MS...$1000-1400...these guns have been discontinued and sold for $2600. There is a mint 7MS on there now with a price tag of $1400 with no takers. One dealer has a consignment 7MS with 1.5-5 Leupold and some reloading components that his customer wants $3900 for...nutz..

Nice Model SEVEN CDLs are selling in the $450-600 range as are Ruger 77MKIIs.

The biggest sellers are the old Remington 700 BDLs...nice ones are selling for $1400-1600 just for the collector value.

Ammo wise...Remington and Nosler have dropped the round...ammo is bringing $60-90 a box. Only custom makers Like Reed's or Connely's offer ammo and who knows how much longer they will be able to get brass...

Truly sad as this a great round for any kind of hunting and guns can be made small and light....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just buy an action and have it barreled.. I agree with the round though - it IS a good thumper.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have four already...there are plenty of nice ones out the for cheap money right now...

Bob

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I looked at the 350 Rem mag when looking for a short,light thumper, but the lack of ammo and brass caused me to quickly move on to something else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My 350RM,700 Classic is one of my most accurate rifles with 225 and 250gr loads.

Essentially a short action Whelen and a real thumper, too. If you reload and have brass, there isn't much not to like.

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking at downloading with some 200 Hornady FTX bullets for my dad's M7 CDL. It's a well balanced and awfully pretty little rifle, but full-power loads kick too dang much. And the case length nullifies the prospect of Accubonds, so we're looking at the FTX as a medium-speed option. Should be flat enough for 200-250yd shots when pushed at 2,500-2,600fps with RL10x. Should tame recoil a bit too.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Joy to carry. [img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Agree that it's sad to see any great cartridge die. But have to say I can understand it. Several years ago I started falling out of love for the bigger boolits.

Had a Ruger 1-B in 45-70, two M700's in .35 Whelen and one in .358. All gone. 30 cal is as big as I go anymore.

All three of my 35's would group inside an inch at 100 yards but most of those loads opened up badly at 200. The Federal 225 TBBC .35 Whelen ammo would put three in an inch at 100 and three in about two feet at 200! Speer 250 grainers grouped well at 200 yards. But launched at 2400 fps and zeroed at 200 yards they were like 2.8" high at 100 and WAY high at 150 yards...don't remember the exact amount but it was enough to make a good shot into a bad one.

Along the way I also observed that deer seemed to die just as quick when I chute 'em with a 6.5x55...so the 35's got hunted less and less until they were voted off the island.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They are great stalking/woods rifles. Here is mine with original scout scope set-up.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love my Model 7 KS. It is amazingly accurate and a sweet little rifle off of a treestand. Have taken a few black bears with it and now I wouldn't leave home without it when I bear hunt every year. 200 gr TSX's and TAC get the job done.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used the 200gr TTSX with TAC in my 358Win carbine on a Manitoba bear this spring. First time I ever had a bang-flop on a bear. Next time I load for my 350RM, I'm using that bullet also with TAC.

Sakoluvr--got a load you would be willing to share?

WN

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
62.0 grains of TAC, 200 grain Barnes TSX, Rem brass, Fed GM215M primers, and a COL of 2.814 ~2800fps

Only one I ever caught. From a 350 lb black bear.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Midway is still listing the Nosler 225 partition load as available.

As little as I've been using mine I probably have a lifetime ammo supply on hand with 200 and 250 gr factory ammo plus some of the Nosler. Some of the factory stuff is over 30 yrs old but seems OK. I test a few rounds every decade or so.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, Sakoluvr. Appreciate the info.

Can't wait for the next bear hunt, now. grin

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I truly regret never having purchased a rifle chambered in that.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I reload for mine, but have 400pc of brass,at least that many 225gr partitions and 150rds of factory 200gr Remington loads. That should be plenty good enough for my use, or until I decide to sell it. I have a 700 classic bedded in a titanium takeoff with a kahles 1.5-6 on it. I love that little rifle!

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dekker
They are great stalking/woods rifles. Here is mine with original scout scope set-up.
[Linked Image]

whoa, dude...

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine is a Ruger with McMillan Rhino camo.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by scottfromdallas; 10/04/16.

Scott
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Nice to see so many CF members who use the .350...

My first .350 was a Remington 700 Classic followed by a very nice 600. A few years later a customized Ruger stainless 77MKII with the barrel cut back to 18.25" and open sights added.

[Linked Image]

Bought a NIB Remington 660 barreled action (who knew Remington sold these) that had been sitting in the store room of an Alaskan gun shop for 40 years. Later found a Model 600 stock for it. It sat around uncompleted for a while when Ken (firearms44) bought it from me, finished it, shot it and then sold it.

Then there was a full custom 600 that someone put a LOT of money into...sold that to KenTheRemingtonMan on GunBroker.

[Linked Image]

About that same time Ken found a mint 7KS on GunBroker with a BuyNow of $800.00 that he let me buy. It is my favorite hunting rifle of all time. 7# loaded with sling..

[Linked Image]

The last one in the door is a Montana Rifle Company stainless 22". Someone in Michigan bought the barreled action from MRC and had his smith fit it to a B&C stock. He killed a bear in Alaska with it, moved to Alaska and then sold the rifle to do a custom .358 Norma Mag. With the longer Winchester style action the bullets can be seated way out creating a lot more powder space.

[Linked Image]

The two Remingtons get the same load...220 Speer/60.0 grains of Winchester 748. 2660 froma 22" and 2530 from the 18.5"/600. I have taken three deer with that load and my friend three black bear with his Remington 673. Five shots were pass-throughs and one got caught in a bears hide. The bear was about 380# and standing at a bait barrel back to my friend. The bullet hit the bear in the shoulder, broke the bone, passed through the shoulder meat, lung, heart and stopped against the hide perfectly mushroomed.

[Linked Image]

Put original 60s vintage Leupold M8-2X scopes in Leupold Detacho Mounts on the .350 and matching .308...

[Linked Image]

The .350 is too good to die...

Bob

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I should put up my second .350

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
60 gr Tac and 225 Sierra BT 2740 fps and 1" groups. Going for elk this year!

[Linked Image]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
RJM: What base did you use on the barrel for the scout mount? Thanks

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Was lucky enough to find a couple of sets of Leupold Detach Mounts that were made back in the 1960s when these rifles came out.

One set was new in the package complete with the shorter front sight for the builtin open sight in the mount...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redfield had a similar mount for their IER scopes which the above posters have...

If you have a 600 look on eBay and GunBroker...that is where I found mine..

Bob

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My 660 350 mag with a Leupold FX-II 4x. I load Hornady 200gr FTX bullets with 50gr of IMR 4895.

[Linked Image]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have to agree the 350 Rem. Mag. is a great hunting round. I had this one built in 1987. It has a 21" McGowen barrel, 14 twist, 600 Mowhawk bedded action, Canjar trigger and Leupold 2-7 scope. I think the stock is a Brown Precision if I remember correctly. It shoots great and found a great load with the 200gr. Hornady bullet. The target is 3 shots at 100 yards. I should shoot and use this rifle more often than I do!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mines just a plain jane Ruger all weather with a Leupold 2.5x compact with a 4a reticle fit by premier reticles. Shoots sierra 225's into tight groups. Could use a trigger job but other than that ready to hunt out of the box.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been able to put together a nice collection of rifles over the past decade or so and the Rem 7MS .350 mag is one of my favorites. Always thought it would be the perfect bear country gun. Bought 20 boxes of Rem Core Lokt ammo as well.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
My pal's wife is carrying a .350 this mth. on a moose hunt in Maine... Best of luck to her. She has a rifle that will certainly do the job.. Nice rifles there guys..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by abilene
I have to agree the 350 Rem. Mag. is a great hunting round. I had this one built in 1987. It has a 21" McGowen barrel, 14 twist, 600 Mowhawk bedded action, Canjar trigger and Leupold 2-7 scope. I think the stock is a Brown Precision if I remember correctly. It shoots great and found a great load with the 200gr. Hornady bullet. The target is 3 shots at 100 yards. I should shoot and use this rifle more often than I do!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That is really sweet! I've had it in mind to build something like that next year but in 358 Win.

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine is a 673....your favorite 200gr bullet over enough TAC to get it to 2750 is some awesome deer medicine 300 yds and under. 225gr Partition over TAC at 2700 for the rest of the world. It just makes things leak.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Couple of years ago there was a .350 for sale on GunBroker that I almost bought.

Had a Montana Rifle Company action, a nice fiberglass stock that I think was a McMillian or HS Prefision and scout monts out on the barrel.

The maker was a well know custom rifle maker from NE Pennsylvania. The shop selling the rifle didn't know much about it and I tried to get hold of the smith to see what he could tell me about the rifle but he never returned my calls or emails... Ended up passing on it...

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just looked on GunBroker...although expensive, there is quite a bit of both Remington and Nolser brass available.

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Me and my 350 Rem
pretty much stock Ruger with a Leupie

[Linked Image]

Maybe one of the few things I could teach SSB ( have learned tons from him) how easy blood comes off Rivers West bibs. There was plenty by the time this was over. Proved to be quite entertaining to SSB and Guy57
[Linked Image]

Not too long ago I picked up an Interarms in 350 Rem, it was not complete a friends husband passed as he was working on it. Mt Boomer finished the stock and its just fantastic. I look forward to using it in the future

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 10/08/16.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave in WV brought this one to my attention (I think from Gunbroker but could have been G.A.) when I was looking for one.

[Linked Image]

Turned out o be a great buy. Shoots very well, may use it deer hunting this year, but I want to get one with my Winchester .357Mag. first.

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
NICE guns and game guys...keep those pics of .350s coming...

Bob

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
A few years ago I purchased a Remington 700 in 350 from a member here at the campfire. My Dad had often talked about a Ruger my Uncle used to own in 350 when they were younger and he thought highly of the cartridge. I worked out a deal with the seller and had it shipped. I mounted a bushnell elite 3200 3-9x40 firefly reticle scope on it and my Dad went along to sight it in with me. As soon as we got it sighted in, I handed it to him and said I didn't want it back until he killed a deer with it. The Maryland season was a few days away and he put it to use on opening morning. Not the biggest deer in the woods and certainly not the best picture of the 350 but it again did its job and he was happy so that was all that really mattered. He currently has a stainless synthetic ruger on hold at a LGS so he will have his own soon.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
favorite .350 is my current one, a model 7KS topped with a 1.75-6x..... before that one, had a 700clasic & a 660, but the 7KS rocks for me. it shoots the hornady 200spre point well, carries great, and the stock fits me nicely.

looks different now, i had it cerakoted in Titanium, need to get new pix.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

============================================================

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I need one of those KS stocks!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A few pictures of my Mod 7 KS when I got it back from Carl Kampfeld a number of years back:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This was a young bear that I took with it. Went 175.

This one went 350 and I caught the 200 TSX pictured in the thread.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I shoot a 350RM in an Encore with a MGM barrel.Have plenty of brass and bullets to keep it fed. It is a thumper with 225gr Accubonds!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I looked at the 350 Rem mag when looking for a short,light thumper, but the lack of ammo and brass caused me to quickly move on to something else.

I wish I had your foresight. I bought a 700 in .350 made in '69, complete with pressed "checkering" because it was in very good condition for a low price. Only later did I find out about the ammo and case situation. All set to go now, and it is one of my favorite rifles.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by kenacp
I shoot a 350RM in an Encore with a MGM barrel.Have plenty of brass and bullets to keep it fed. It is a thumper with 225gr Accubonds!

Yes sir, this one was a "HAND FULL OF THUNDER" !
Remington XP100 350 Rem Mag

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It even held 3 or 4 rounds in case one wasn't enough fun !!!
Sold it a little while back, so someone else could enjoy it for a while.
It shot great, 2-5/8 " group at 200 yards !!
Dropped about 5 deer with it, and none went very far.
Shot 180gr Speers @ an average of 2606 fps.

and climb on every rung.
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Lots of 600s up for sale...

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/590821221

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
..and if you want to dream...

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/591028096

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I love the .350 RM. I have a model 673 that very accurate with 225 gr Nosler Partitions. Nosler by the way IS still loading for it. I usually pick up a box or two from Midway when it comes on sale about once a year.

If you handload there's lot of choices in 35 caliber bullets. Really the best way to keep a .350 going. Two years ago it took my best black bear yet with it. The bear was seven foot and was an honest 400+ pound chocolate boar. One shot did him in. In fact every bear I ever taken with the .350 has only taken one.

Last edited by Cougarz; 10/18/16.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This Is mine.......

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by Cougarz; 10/19/16.

Will Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cougarz, nice choice in scopes, fast becoming one of my favorites.

I had a custom shop MS but the laminated stock split in our weather. At the time no one made an SS 350 so I had this built. I'd really like a KS stock for it. Pac-nor in short mag contour, short tube 1 3/4-6 Leupold. 7 lb 7oz like it sits.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I set my .350 Rem mag up for bear hunting so I went with a Leupold VXR 1.25-4. I love the option of the lighted dot in low light. Realistically 4X is all that's required at the top end for distant shots if needed.

Last edited by Cougarz; 10/20/16.

Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Remington stopped making the 660's I made cases from 7mm RM and 338 Win Mag just to see how difficult it would be. It is easily done. In retrospect cases are still easily found.

I have a 1x3 Weaver scope on mine.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bugger
When Remington stopped making the 660's I made cases from 7mm RM and 338 Win Mag just to see how difficult it would be. It is easily done. In retrospect cases are still easily found.

I have a 1x3 Weaver scope on mine.

can you describe process?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've lusted after a 600 since I was 6 the year they were introduced. Have spent too much on guns & hunting this year so will simply move a 30mm 1.5-5x Leupold onto my Frontier .358 this season.

Who's got a fast TAC load for a 180 FP? I'll be using this on my personal swamp land where shots rarely exceed 60 yards.

Maybe next year I'll check GB for a 600 to put my EL Paso Weaver 3x PCH upon.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Bought a 600 in 350 mag about 1971, off a used gun rack for $120.00. Someone talked me out of it, and always regretted letting it go. Happened into a pair of them a few years ago, for a super deal!Keeping these,but have yet to kill anything with them.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Nice rifles
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Hey Hank, do you still have that Rem 700 carbine I sold you way back yonder? I kinda miss that!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tag

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 200gr TTSX @2900fps via TAC is hell on deer, hogs and bears...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Damn, that is a nice looking rifle. I have no need for such a thumper outside of black bear but that rig makes one hell of an argument for one.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RJM
Nice to see so many CF members who use the .350...

My first .350 was a Remington 700 Classic followed by a very nice 600. A few years later a customized Ruger stainless 77MKII with the barrel cut back to 18.25" and open sights added.
Bob

I like the looks of that rifle. I've had 350's in Remington 673's and Mk II's and like the Mk II's best. We got a moose in Alaska with one. Hard to justify with a few 30-06's, 338's, and a 375 H&H but I like the caliber, I just have trouble shooting all the others I have. Still I'd love to run into a Ruger at a descent price, I'd have to add sights myself. Never heard of a Ruger 350 who wouldn't shoot. Both of mine shot well.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
It is the 270 of the "other" world....

Shame. It is perfect. Combined a 270 and 350 can really hammer the world.

Mine went 278 and dropped a 916 dressed 60" moose. Saw daylight in a whitetail both ends while running. 225 tsx at 2700. Sick..

Its an answer to a question no one asks.

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
X...a beautiful rifle...

How about some details...barrel length, weight, stock, action, sights...who built it...

Bob

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I absolutely love my completely stock 673 with a 2-7 Leupy. R-15 and Swift A Frames made this 5 shot group at 100 yards. She is a keeper! The factory ammo box is for reference only though it shot those well too, a little over 1 inch with factory core lokts.

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32eTJBkFdm9WC1JMHN3NzVJUy1jWGRzX21OZWFfazZFRkZn/view?usp=sharing[/img]

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Because of a shoulder operation two weeks ago I can't hunt with the .350 this year...

Anyone have success with theirs so far this season?

Bob

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Awhile back another gunhead that I know sold a NIB Ruger 77 in 350RM for a very high price. It was one of the early ones from the late 60s or early 70s if I remember correctly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for the delay, I don't post here much ..

Action is a SS Win 70 Classic CRF.
Barrel is a 20", 12 twist Lilja #3.
McMillan Compact (works well with scope and irons)
NECG Masterpiece sights
QD Talley's and a Leupold VX-6 1-6 (pictured with a VX3)
Weighs 7.5lbs IIRC

Metal work by Redneck and Tungsten Cerecote by Eddie F.

XVERMINATOR

Last edited by xverminator; 11/13/16.

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just beautiful...

The problem with owning that rifle is that it is so perfect you would have no excuse to own anything else as far as a big game gun goes...

Bob

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by xverminator
The 200gr TTSX @2900fps via TAC is hell on deer, hogs and bears...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

X-VERMINATOR
I thought your color choice for the metal was OUTstanding for that stock.. Nice pix.. Nice results.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nice rifle

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
After sighting in the Ruger .350 Rem Mag., it was shooting so well (perfect cloverleaf all touching 1.5 inches high @ 100 yds.) that I decided to use it for the opener instead of the .357 Mag Winchester trapper.

Shot this one yesterday morning (Our rifle opener). No big trophy by any means, but a nice deer that went about 160 or 170 pounds.

[Linked Image]

50 yard shot in pretty heavy woods, I had to squeeze one through the only opening I had, after watching him browse for 15 minutes.

[Linked Image]

It was a quartering away liver/lung shot that dropped him in his tracks. Kicked for 10 seconds, then died.

Load was Speer 180 grain, with a handful of 4064 to get it going well over 2800 fps.

Now the Winchester .357 trapper will be for a couple of does. I seen 2 bucks and 7 does yesterday.

and climb on every rung.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nice! Blue tape??? eek

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Nice! Blue tape??? eek

LOL...
We were suppose to get rain/snow, and 30 mph winds today and yesterday.
I hate seeing snow filled barrels grin
I was lucky it held off 'till I was on my way home...
At least it wasn't blue tape on my .270 !!

and climb on every rung.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nice rifles

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Here's a few pics of my Remington 700BDL .350 Remington Magnum. This one was made in February 1969.

I changed the original stock which had fluer-de-lis checkering to the mid 70's style which has a more appealing 20 lines per square inch checkering.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My big mistake was I did not buy one. About 4 years ago the local fun store had a Hawkeye Stainless on sale for $399. Why I did not buy that I still do not know today. probably because I was dickering on a Parker 16 gauge LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a two Remington 673's one in 6.5 and one in .350 Mag. The .350 is one of the most accurate bolt actions I own. All that was done to it was lighten the trigger. Far outshoots the 6.5. Quite a thumper too.

"That God could and would, if He were sought."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Blowtorch53
I have a two Remington 673's one in 6.5 and one in .350 Mag. The .350 is one of the most accurate bolt actions I own. All that was done to it was lighten the trigger. Far outshoots the 6.5. Quite a thumper too.

I think they do that just to mess with your head. My 700 Classic will shoot 100yd 3 shot cloverleafs if I do my part. Who really needs a half moa 350? It's great, but it's not really a 500 yd cartridge or the ideal target rifle!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,132
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.