-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I spent the first week of October with good friends on the Eastern plains of Colorado. Breaking bread and tossing down a beer or two we shared storing from the past and made plans for our future.

Yes.... chasing anyelope and shooting prairie dogs also happened that week and....

Antelope died
Prairie dogs died

But the measure of success is never in the animal talley or the total of any score sheet.

I'm glad I don't share a camp with someone who thinks a trip is not a success unless a tag is "filled"

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Ringman

If the objective was to get away from everyday life and have fun using the hunt as an excuse, I agree. If you take 9 days off to go hunt and don't kill something, it is a failure.

You're an idiot

Head trauma. It's real.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[

Lastly, I really enjoyed the prostitute analogy and one I can comment on smile . Like all hunting, I've done both, from hunting bear alone in the Maine wilderness, to deer and hogs here in the south, to the ultimate wilderness of Africa (with a PH of course) and on the female chase side, culminating in courting and marrying my lovely wife of 34 years.

But, I would not be honest to say , those of you that have not been to such paradises like Olongapo in the "PI" or Patya Beach in Thailand, let's just say you have no idea....

Jorge, There are a lot of ways to have fun in Thailand, but of the women in your life, which one are you the most proud of, The ones you paid for, or the one you earned?

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ringman is a known dumbphuck of the 'fire, whether it be using his rifle scope as a spotter or burning out a barrel trying to conduct a ladder test.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Powder River gates make great rifle rests.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 458Win
[

Lastly, I really enjoyed the prostitute analogy and one I can comment on smile . Like all hunting, I've done both, from hunting bear alone in the Maine wilderness, to deer and hogs here in the south, to the ultimate wilderness of Africa (with a PH of course) and on the female chase side, culminating in courting and marrying my lovely wife of 34 years.

But, I would not be honest to say , those of you that have not been to such paradises like Olongapo in the "PI" or Patya Beach in Thailand, let's just say you have no idea....

Jorge, There are a lot of ways to have fun in Thailand, but of the women in your life, which one are you the most proud of, The ones you paid for, or the one you earned?

I'll not "objectify" the wife for obvious reasons, but as far as "pride" goes, not an emotion I associate with chicks, but I must confess the chicks in Olongapo and Thailand were a lot more fun with none of the hassles... smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for your input, I'm sure you're a first class DIY/Public land Jeremiah Johnson, I'm just not that talented. BTW, the cattle where we hunted err sorry "shot" did not spook when we went by them. Guess they're smarter than the cattle over where you "hunt".

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Nope just an average hunter. Not a shooter. I actually don't even kill that many animals. But when I do they are actually wild. Not pen raised. Glad you are proud of being able to sneak into 300 yards on a farm bull. I bet it took a lot of skill.

I just did a hunt I think most of your group could handle. It took me 2 days of actual hunting to fill my tag. And my 8 year old boy tagged along the entire time. So physically I think you guys have a chance. Now these aren't pen raised and are actually wild. So you will still probably need a guide. And your not buying antlers to place on the wall. But you do get meat from the cow and it's an actual hunt. Not a shoot. If you want info on it just PM me.

Regards, Branden.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tuff
I still think it's funny that some posters are saying other posters are crapping on some of the shooters that bought livestock at this place.

I was the one who said that the OP was crapping on Jorge's posts about his trip. Crapping on the posts, not "the shooters."

And I'll say it again, making a post like the OP and then disappearing is chickensh^^.

If jorge hadn't posted about it, the OP never would have chimed in, so yes, he was crapping on jorge's posts.

Whether you agree or disagree with the OP's opinions on canned hunts is an entirely different matter.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Like all hunting, I've done both, from hunting bear alone in the Maine wilderness, to deer and hogs here in the south, to the ultimate wilderness of Africa....

jorge, isn't it a little disingenuous to say that you don't have time for a wilderness elk hunt out west when you've made the trip overseas to hunt Africa?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Like all hunting, I've done both, from hunting bear alone in the Maine wilderness, to deer and hogs here in the south, to the ultimate wilderness of Africa....

jorge, isn't it a little disingenuous to say that you don't have time for a wilderness elk hunt out west when you've made the trip overseas to hunt Africa?

No sir, I was active duty back then and had LOTS of leave. Nowadays being a working stiff, I only get two weeks (ten days).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually it was 330, but what's 30 yards among friends. I glad you enjoyed your cow hunt with your son. I always have when I used to take my son when he was that age. So glad you shot your cow.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My apologies.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No need sir.

WOW
I can't decide which is more pathetic, complaining about a 100% success CANNED hunt or bragging about it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

No sir, I was active duty back then and had LOTS of leave. Nowadays being a working stiff, I only get two weeks (ten days).

For some one with your rank and expiereance such little time off is a joke.
I have nearly five weeks and will have nearly six after next year and I have only been with my employer for 6 years.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, it is what it is. As a contractor, when firms change and I stay, the clock starts over.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458Win
[

I'll not "objectify" the wife for obvious reasons, but as far as "pride" goes, not an emotion I associate with chicks, but I must confess the chicks in Olongapo and Thailand were a lot more fun with none of the hassles... smile

That is a fair & honest answer to a loaded question. All of us who hunt for sport do it for personal reasons and, like all other ethical choices, there is no delineating line between right and wrong.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Ringman is a known dumbphuck of the 'fire, whether it be using his rifle scope as a spotter or burning out a barrel trying to conduct a ladder test.

At least its consistent, you read a post and think, that [bleep] couldn't post something stupider than that, but the next day you read another post, and viola, the bar got lowered..=

If you want to go shoot a farm raised elk behind a fence, knock yourself out. Just don't call it hunting, its not..

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,663
Posts18,455,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.