Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In my view, T-3 ss/synthetic rifles are functional, reliable and accurate tools. They just work. Moreover, it is important to me to have the bolt lockdown in battery on my hunting rifles when the safety is on and that is how it works on Tikkas. Although I have never had any accuracy issues with Tikka's aluminum lug, I did purchase a steel lug from some outfit in Norway just in case one of my T3s started to wander. However, I'll bet that this Norwegian metal is still in my spare parts drawer when the kids have to pack my ashes up to the top of Goat Mountain. CP.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We could argue the accuracy thing all day. I feel there are other guns that shoot just as well. They aren't god's gift to accuracy like some think. Either that or I have just gotten lucky with my bolt guns as far as accuracy goes. I have had 700s, CZs, Savages, Vanguards, Rugers, etc. that all shot exceptionally well.

But again, never once have I said Tikkas don't shoot well. Never. Or said that they don't work well. Meaning I don't need to see pics of groups shot or critters killed with Tikkas. But they are not the only rifles capable of such feats. Nor close.

My problem is mainly with what you get for your money. Other than barrel and trigger, corners have obviously been cut everywhere else. They have plastic shroud/magazine/stock/trigger guard. 2 Piece bolt. They come in one action length and utilize a bolt stop. They have an enclosed port, they have an absolute joke of a "recoil lug", rings suck as does mounting systems/options, stock, and customer service. And replacement parts are ridiculously priced for what they are.

The same guys who brag about how great they are out of the box, are the ones who replace recoil lugs, rings, and shrouds. Lol. Making an already over priced rifle even more so.

All this adds up to a rifle that does not interest me in the least. I am sorry but there is no way I can justify Tikka prices in my mind, given the individual parts. They have to be making a TON of money on these things, cuz I guarantee they can't cost any more to produce than rifles that sell for less. Rifles that give you metal where Tikka gives you plastic. And come in more than one action length. And that allow decent scope mounting/rings.

I feel these are legitimate reasons, Facts, not opinions. At the very least, they are legitimate enough to make some not buy them, and make Tikka make some changes in their designs/materials/offerings.

They just are not for me. Too many nicer looking rifles out there that are made of better quality parts, than for me to waste my time with a half baked, over priced, over hyped, cost cutter rifle made by an overseas company who seems to not care if you are happy or not, as long as they get paid.

You all can like them though wink

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

The same guys who brag about how great they are out of the box, are the ones who replace recoil lugs, rings, and shrouds. Lol. Making an already over priced rifle even more so.

You need to stop while you're behind. You don't like them, fine and dandy, but quit making dumbasss statements like this one, and the "they haven't tried any other rifles" BS. You're obviously talking out your wazooo and have no basis for any of it.

Last edited by JGRaider; 10/06/16.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How does it being 100% accurate make it a dumbass statement?

I think you need to start seeing things for what they really are, not pretending they are someting they aren't, start looking at things objectively rather than subjectively, and quit being butt heart so easily....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
These two jewels come to mind very recently....

Like I said, I have had plenty of rifles that shoot great. Not sure why Tikka shooters feel that Tikkas are the only very accurate rifles made. Reminds me of Savage shooters. Maybe because that is all they have to go on. That said, accuracy has nothing to do with why I don't buy Tikkas.

JMO.....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your "most durable" comment in regards to plastic shrouds and floating aluminum recoil lugs, etc. is EASILY the most dumbass comment in this entire thread......LMAO

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
17 years shooting aoudad with a Tikka....killed over 100 of 'em. That's probably more game than you've ever shot at. I know lots more about how well they work than you ever thought of, since you basically have no experience, just opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you killing sheep somehow changes the facts in regards to Tikka design/materials?

Gotcha.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You remind me of the x-ray proof, plastic junk guns, geniuses who said Glock were junk and would not last. Any hot stock tips???

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So you killing sheep somehow changes the facts in regards to Tikka design/materials?

Gotcha.....

With regards to your stupid dependability comment to me, absolutely. I've proven to myself they are not plastic junk....very, very durable over the past 17 years, proven in the US, Africa, and Mexico.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well I haven't shot tons of game or shot 10,000's of rounds with the Tikkas in the house but they have been hunted and shot a bunch. Never felt the need or had a need to replace anything, including the supposed crappy rings. As long as you don't go gorilla on the screws they work fine and have for many years now. No they are not the answer to all rifle questions, but they do really work well. I have recommended them to friends who are not say a GUN NUT and none of them have been disappointed. Like JB, I have never understood the whole short action thing, but the choices are ours to make. I do think that a choice to buy a Tikka is a good one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The difference between you and me is that I don't get butt hurt if someone doesn't agree with my tastes in rifles. You get your panties in a wad if I don't like your rifle, but I don't get frustated in the least over your choosing it, or not liking my choices.
Then you start in with the " I have killed more animals, my dad can beat up your dad" crap. Please, spare me.

If I told you how many rifles I have owned and shot you may not believe me. And again, I wouldn't care. If you would like to continue down this road, so be it. But you may not like where it leads.

I'd rather you just chilled your azz out. They are only guns....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's always a good idea for you to keep quiet about something you know absolutely nothing about, which you proved in this thread. A guy can get shaken down pretty quickly on this forum when he's talking about something he has zero field experience with. Adios Amigo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hilarious. I have forgotten more about rifles than you will ever know.

Something you have proven all on your own with your outlandish comments.

You may have killed some critters in your day, but it doesn't mean you know rifles. Obviously. That's okay though, lotsa guys fall into that category.

Later....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
2muchgun,

A little over a year ago I was in the Tikka factory, listening to the changes being made for the T3x. They were primarily made because some shooters wanted them,

not because there were vast, across-the-board problems with the T3.

The major requests were from the relatively few shooters who wanted softer recoil pads and stiffer recoil lugs for harder-kicking rifles, but tens of thousands of T3's have been working for a long time now without any problems...

The other factor that went into the changes was profitability. The demand for Tikkas has been growing very steadily, and the U.S. is by far the largest market.

If it wouldn't be your choice for any hunting, well fine, the world also offers plenty of choices. But don't try to convince me Tikkas don't work well.

JG - Mule Deer is very informed on the subject of Tikkas BUT some people have the 'blinders' and 'ear muffs' on so they are not going to see nor listen .

As MD stated earlier in this thread it's the majority here who report satisfaction with the Tikkas. I am only 1 but in 13 yrs the bolt shroud, scope rings and recoil lug have not given me any trouble at all.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

With regards to your stupid dependability comment to me, absolutely. I've proven to myself they are not plastic junk....very, very durable over the past 17 years, proven in the US, Africa, and Mexico.

I think you have VERY GOOD evidence from 'actual use'.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personally, I don't care whether a rifle chambered for a "short-action round" uses a short action, especially when there's so little difference is action weight in typical modern cylindrical actions. In fact I kind of prefer short rounds in longer actions, because there tends to be more flexibility in seating bullets--and if the magazine isn't quite long enough, it can often be easily swapped for a longer magazine. But I do find most arguments for short actions pretty much irrelevant; there are more details why in the column Rick posted a couple of days ago at the head of this forum.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that feels this way about the short action vs long action thing.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 10/06/16.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Well I haven't shot tons of game or shot 10,000's of rounds with the Tikkas in the house but they have been hunted and shot a bunch. Never felt the need or had a need to replace anything, including the supposed crappy rings.

Smithrjd -

your experience mirrors mine and others who have 'actually' used the Tikkas.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that feels this way about the short action vs long action thing.

Your are not the only one, there are others of US that feel the same way.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I'd rather you just chilled your azz out. They are only guns....

Pot meet kettle

I'd be interested to hear what malfunctions you had with the Tikkas you've owned and hunted as much or more than JGR has his.

Hint: that would mean your opinion meant almost as much as you seem to think it does

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (Akhutr, Berksbowman, batch, BB3, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,530 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,208
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.