Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Friend came over today with his SAKO A7 .308. He has been practicing for a last minute elk hunt and had been practicing off a bipod...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When this happened a couple of days ago he called Beretta and spoke to a CS rep... The rep told him that "A7s were not made to shoot off a bipod". When my friend asked if that warning was in the owners manual the rep said "No, but we don't tell you not to run over the stock with a car and you wouldn't do that either would you?".

[Linked Image]

My friend was so stunned by this answer he didn't say much except how could he get a replacement stock. The rep then transferred him to...Brownells...

The rep from Brownells checked and a replacement stock would be $650...for a rifle he bought new for $725. But they had none...and was then told that they had been discontinued by the importer...Beretta.

So my friend has ordered a B&C replacement stock that should be here Thursday...

Needless to say my this will be my friend's last SAKO...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
No,that should not have happened.

Poor QC IMO.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
BerettaUSA has an absolutely horrible customer service reputation.

From what I can gather, they're "okay" elsewhere in the world, but I have never, ever heard anything good about the USA import outfit.

They seem to think that their obligation to the customer ends at delivery. That's it, nothing else.

I don't buy anydamnthing from 'em.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Poor QC IMO.

Poor fu cking excuse for a stock, more like it...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, its too bad, but bipods have been breaking synthetic stocks for quite some time. Just too much torque and recoil to be sustained by the stock.
The learning curve is short, expensive and untimely.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beretta CS is fuuking terrible. And replacement parts ridiculously priced. Been trying to tell the Tikka crowd that for 10 years.

Good luck.....

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Not much "meat" there that's for sure. I'd break out the JB Weld and put plenty inside the forend around that post.

Last edited by EZEARL; 10/10/16.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Poor QC IMO.

Poor fu cking excuse for a stock, more like it.
Yup,exactly right.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That reminds me of Kimber customer service I have had....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Well, its too bad, but bipods have been breaking synthetic stocks for quite some time. Just too much torque and recoil to be sustained by the stock.

Yep and that looks like a glass filled stock as opposed to a regular tupperware and it still snapped. The minute Beretta turned over their parts department to Brownells is the moment I lost complete interest in buying another Beretta anything. I will buy a Benelli SB since they haven't managed to [bleep] them up.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EZEARL
Not much "meat" there that's for sure. I'd break out the JB Weld and put plenty inside the forend around that post.

Not any less then a run of the mill synthetic. I would fix it and use it on the hunt without the bipod.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 10/10/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it woulda been me on the other end of the phone when they said that it would not have been pretty.

Not surprising though. BTDT. Beretta CS is a total goat rope, in every single way. Parts cost a fortune, take forever to get, and you gotta fight with a moron first. Count me out....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Apparently my plastic Savager stocks don't know they are not suppose to work with a bi-pod.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Banging away over and over with a bipod on a bench, where the legs pretty much stick and don't move, causes that stud to absorb a lot of the recoil. And tupperware is tupperware. It ain't rocket science........

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
'Should it have happened'? Probably not.

But, 6-8" of leverage, on a small portion of the plastic, absorbing the recoil, probably produces a good bit of torque.

Not sure I am overly surprised...

JMHO

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
When my friend asked if that warning was in the owners manual the rep said "No, but we don't tell you to run over the stock with a car and you wouldn't do that either would you?".

With the growing popularity of long range shooting it seems Sako isn't in the game ....

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Poor QC IMO.

^^^This^^^

Sounds like Beretta needs to take some Customer Service lessons from Ruger. They damn sure want be getting any of my money!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sling swivels were designed to hold slings, not bipods..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
ratsmacker - et.al.

I've had zero trouble with my Tikka (Beretta), and I've not heard about their CS being so terrible.......

I will not buy/trade for another Sako/Tikka/Beretta.

This really disappoints me.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've had personal experience with their crap CS.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Complete BS. They need to stand behind this.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't think all "plastic" stocks are created equal. I've fired hundreds of rounds from Remington, Ruger and Savage plastic stocked .308s using a bipod and have had zero issues.

Also know a LOT of friends who shoot almost nothing but bipod and have never seen or heard of this happening.

Didn't pull the action out of the stock but from the piece that pulled out it doesn't look like it was well supported in the stock.

Bob

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RJM
Friend came over today with his SAKO A7 .308. He has been practicing for a last minute elk hunt and had been practicing off a bipod...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When this happened a couple of days ago he called Beretta and spoke to a CS rep... The rep told him that "A7s were not made to shoot off a bipod". When my friend asked if that warning was in the owners manual the rep said "No, but we don't tell you to run over the stock with a car and you wouldn't do that either would you?".

[Linked Image]

My friend was so stunned by this answer he didn't say much except how could he get a replacement stock. Th rep then transferred him to...Brownells...

The rep from Brownells checked and a replacement stock would be $650...for a rifle he bought new for $725. But they had none...and was then told that they had been discontinued by the importer...Beretta.

So my friend has ordered a B&C replacement stock that should be here Thursday...

Needless to say my this will be my friend's last SAKO...

Bob

You do realise that your friend has applied an after-market device that is not warrantied nor allowed for in the design parameter of the original equipment manufacturer.

If you think this is anything like a warranty issue then you may suggest to your friend that he should take his nice new car for a spin across a lake, then see how quick the car manufacturer replaces his non-floating vehicle.

Short answer: suck it up princess and take responsibility for your stuff-ups.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And I was strongly considering getting a Tikka for myself. This changes my mind. That ain't customer service.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwall
I've not heard about their CS being so terrible.......

I will not buy/trade for another Sako/Tikka/Beretta. This really disappoints me. Jerry

Jerry you just posted multiple times in a thread where I (and others) stated multiple times how bad Beretta CS service is.

I also stated that people only hear what they want to hear😉

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As for bipods and stocks, I have some thoughts of my own. Had them last night but did not care to get into it this deeply. But, I am pretty coffeed up right now and have a trigger job to go do before I cut the lawn. Sooooo fuggit.

RJM stated above that he does no believe that all "plastic" stocks are created equal. Well that is the truth. You have some that are glass filled or reinforced and others that are just injection molded. The former being the better of the 2 and better for just about anything except shooting from a bipod. They don't flex like the IM ones do. The IM ones are less prone to breakage. However, less rigid for accurate shooting. I usually have pressure on forend tip with such stocks or full length bed. Especially with thin barrels, they are better this way than floated. Hope I needn't say more.

That said, shooting big boomers off a bench with a stud attached bipod or even worse yet, a monopod, is not a great idea. Really anything that kicks harder than a 243 IMO. I don't do it. Have seen the evidence why. I limit my bipods to field use in such cases. But for rifles that get shot a lot in field, I don't use stud attached bipods. Match rifles for prone shooting, not hunting rifles. I have yet to see a rail mounted bipod, that is glass bedded and screwed/threaded rip free from a stock. Something I cannot say of stud mounted bipods and monopods.

As someone stated, the sling stud really is for holding a sling. Just because bipods were invented later that mount to it, doesn't change this fact. If you want to shoot with a bipod off a bench, I suggest only shooting smaller cartridges, or using a bipod system that does not force the recoil onto the sling stud. There are plenty out there. I suggest not using a monopod ever. Unless you like prying sling studs from your stock and/or ganking up threads. Because eventually, you will do just that.

That said, a front rest and rear bag is usually best for most rifles. For smaller chambered ARs with aluminum forends, I use bipods off bench sometimes. But they are drilled and tapped into aluminum forends and don't kick much at all. And round forends don't sit in rests too well without canting.

JMO......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am thinking having some more of these made up. This was before I painted it black....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You do realise that your friend has applied an after-market device that is not warrantied nor allowed for in the design parameter of the original equipment manufacturer.

If you think this is anything like a warranty issue then you may suggest to your friend that he should take his nice new car for a spin across a lake, then see how quick the car manufacturer replaces his non-floating vehicle.

Short answer: suck it up princess and take responsibility for your stuff-ups.

My problem with that is if the relatively gentle recoil of a .308 did that while sitting on a bipod, I certainly wouldn't have much faith in the integrity of the stock/sling stud to hold my rifle on my shoulder using a sling and hold up to any serious josteling. And what if a guy wanted to shoot supported with the sling? That puts a fair bit of pressure on that stud. I'd call it a manufacturer defect for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many sharp, repeated backward jolts does the stud receive while slung on your shoulder or while using as a shooting aid? Not really the same thing IMO.

Bipods buggering up stocks/stud threads or shooting them loose due to recoil is nothing new......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Even if the stock should have been expected to brake,Beretta CS still sucks.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

Jerry you just posted multiple times in a thread where I (and others) stated multiple times how bad Beretta CS service is.

2mg -

Yes CS was mentioned 'some' BUT that thread was about Tikka Owners Experience with their rifles. The focus of that thread was about Tikka rifles' performances. The focus of that thread from the Title and most participants was not about Berett C S.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 10/11/16.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jerry, I understand what the focus was, and poor CS is part of the Tikka/Beretta experience. Unfortunately.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. At least you have heard it from some others and not just myself, whom you consider a hater grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How many sharp, repeated backward jolts does the stud receive while slung on your shoulder or while using as a shooting aid? Not really the same thing IMO.

Bipods buggering up stocks/stud threads or shooting them loose due to recoil is nothing new......

When hunting in the mountains, it happens lots. And I certainly wouldn't want the sling stud letting loose on me when I'm hiking the spine of a 3000' cliffy mountain...

shooting the stud loose isn't the same as busting a chunk out of the stock. Either way, it doesn't inspire much confidence in the strength of those stocks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I say shooting the stud loose I mean buggering it up so it no longer tightens properly or blowing the threads out.

I would think the sling stud should work fine as a sling stud. But I understand your concerns......

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have shot thousands of rounds out of rifles on Harris Bipods, thousands. I have never seen a stud fail except the boat-paddle Rugers where the woodscrewd would pull out of the stock in hot weather.

My last few McMillans have an EXTRA stud specifically so that you can use your bipod without removing the sling. I have use bipods with MPI, MicMillan, Ruger, Winchester, Savage, Brown Precision, Bell&Carlson and Ramject or whatever they were called; these are just the synthetic stcoks. I have used them in countless wooden stocks. This is completely unacceptable. The CS comparing it to running the stock over is also unacceptable. The bipod is a common accessory and if they didn't want you to use it they should have stated such. Running it over is obviously abuse.

I guess I am shocked at how many of you defend Beretta in this case. Wow.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I have shot thousands of rounds out of rifles on Harris Bipods, thousands. I have never seen a stud fail except the boat-paddle Rugers where the woodscrewd would pull out of the stock in hot weather.

My last few McMillans have an EXTRA stud specifically so that you can use your bipod without removing the sling. I have use bipods with MPI, MicMillan, Ruger, Winchester, Savage, Brown Precision, Bell&Carlson and Ramject or whatever they were called; these are just the synthetic stcoks. I have used them in countless wooden stocks. This is completely unacceptable. The CS comparing it to running the stock over is also unacceptable. The bipod is a common accessory and if they didn't want you to use it they should have stated such. Running it over is obviously abuse.

The mistake you are making Dennis is that you are thinking Sako makes their rifles to accept a Harris bipod...they make their rifles to shoot with or without a sling, and they supply them without provision for attachment of a bipod. Further, such attachment of an aftermarket device is solely at the risk and discretion of the purchaser.

Now if the company specified that the rifle were to be used with such a device you would have some standing, as it is you have none.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dennis--- I am not defending Beretta in any way. Their CS is horrid. They should send the man a stock IMO, and certainly not charge $650 for one. What shocks me is that guys willingly buy guns from such a company. This is old news.

Many of the guys I know who shoot a ton or competitively will not use bipods that attach to studs. And even though a company may put in an extra stud for a bipod, doesn't mean there is no risk involved in using it. I have a $700 McMilllan that got the stud blown out from trying to use a monopd in a prone match. It seemed a lot easier than toting a rear bag around. I knew better, and it bit me in the a$$. I still have to glass it back in. It didn't take a chunk out of the stock, but the stud is not useable nonetheless. Truth is, I don't need it anyway. I don't need to send it in to fix it, but I would have a lot more confidence in McMillan taking care of me than Beretta, if I did.

Beretta products are not the only ones prone to such breakage. Have seen it on plenty of brands. However, the glass filled or reinforced stocks in question, may be the most susceptible IMO. Or at least the most susceptible to an actual blow out like the OP experienced.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM

When this happened a couple of days ago he called Beretta and spoke to a CS rep... The rep told him that "A7s were not made to shoot off a bipod". When my friend asked if that warning was in the owners manual the rep said "No, but we don't tell you not to run over the stock with a car and you wouldn't do that either would you?".

If a CS rep had said that to me, he'd be in for a string of very bad luck. whistle

I guess I learned something new here - never knew a bipod could cause that much stress on a stock.
OTOH, it's a $30 piece of injection molded plastic.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by RJM

If a CS rep had said that to me, he'd be in for a string of very bad luck. whistle

I guess I learned something new here - never knew a bipod could cause that much stress on a stock.
OTOH, it's a $30 piece of injection molded plastic.

You are being much too generous with the 30 dollars. I am done with Beretta and their lousy customer service. The next and last from them will be a super black eagle, Still disgusted that they managed to buy Benelli,Franchi and Sako

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Oh BTW the 625 dollars for a replacement is rich very rich and falls right in line with those idiots

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Oh BTW the 625 dollars for a replacement is rich very rich and falls right in line with those idiots

If that had been said to me I'd have referred them to Dolomite for my response:

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Exactly!, As stated it's a cheap stock. the least CS could have done is sold the customer a new stock at the discounted price of $30 which would have cost them nothing and made the customer relatively happy.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Looks like a fine elk rifle.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Beretta CS is fuuking terrible. And replacement parts ridiculously priced. Been trying to tell the Tikka crowd that for 10 years.

Good luck.....

Damn! Every time I see that 'T' word I get a case of the schits!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
Sling swivels were designed to hold slings, not bipods..

What can you expect from a low-end, cheap, plastic stock?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
When my friend called he didn't think the stock would be replaced under warranty as it was 10 years old...but one can always try... What bothered him was the snide remark by the CS rep...

When he called B&C to order the replacement he told their CS rep what had happened and was assured that their stock could be used with a biod.

The only reason my friend was using one was at the suggestion of the guide who it sounded like recommends them to all his hunters.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The mistake you are making Dennis is that you are thinking Sako makes their rifles to accept a Harris bipod...they make their rifles to shoot with or without a sling, and they supply them without provision for attachment of a bipod. Further, such attachment of an aftermarket device is solely at the risk and discretion of the purchaser.

Now if the company specified that the rifle were to be used with such a device you would have some standing, as it is you have none.

That is retarded. Bipods are commonly put on rifles. It is reasonable for a manufacturer to foresee customers putting them on there and should build rifles accordingly.

This is 100% Sako's fault. Even a $300 RAR will rock a bipod.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

2mg-

You ? might ? be right ? ? ? grin
I know you were telling us their CS was ....poor.

Tomorrow I will re read that thread to see what I ? might ? have missed or what didn't sink in.

I know that I was focused on Tikka rifle's performance and dependability.

Also at the moment I don't remember hardly anyone saying that their Tikka wasn't accurate or that they were not dependable.

We'll see ? ? grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bellydeep

That is retarded. Bipods are commonly put on rifles. It is reasonable for a manufacturer to foresee customers putting them on there and should build rifles accordingly.

That is irrelevant, the company is not making their rifle to accommodate bipods, evidenced by lack of inclusion in the owners manual (the same manual that doesn't include a lengthy expose on how to insert the barrel into your mouth)...and the company is not responsible for what the purchaser does outside the provisions the firearm is speced for.

It is reasonably common for people to suicide in cars...good luck holding the manufacturer responsible for what some dill does with the product, nor is it reasonable to expect firearms manufacturers to be held responsible for people being shot with the firearms those same companies manufacture.

At some point we all have to take responsibility for our actions...and stop looking for a free handout.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Furthermore you cannot even reasonably expect the manufacturer or seller of the bipod to be held responsible for the damage as the onus is on the purchaser of the product to ensure the firearm attachment is speced for the product.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I find this so damn maddening, it just ticks me off. Sako prefers to lose a customer, while acknowledging there is no warning which shouldn't be necessary btw. You can use a bi pod with a savage, ruger cheapest, but not a sako costing twice as much? All for a stock that would cost sako about $30 to replace? Stupid

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BCHunter666
I find this so damn maddening, it just ticks me off. Sako prefers to lose a customer, while acknowledging there is no warning which shouldn't be necessary btw. You can use a bi pod with a savage, ruger cheapest, but not a sako costing twice as much? All for a stock that would cost sako about $30 to replace? Stupid

For supposed capitalists you lot seem to have real difficulty getting off the tit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Good luck.....

Damn! Every time I see that 'T' word I get a case of the schits!!

Even if the rifle with the [bleep] stock is a Sako?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That stock is obviously a POS and should be replaced gratis.

Position shooting with a sling strains the fugk out of the front stud as well. To claim it can handle one and not the other is horse schit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Furthermore you cannot even reasonably expect the manufacturer or seller of the bipod to be held responsible for the damage as the onus is on the purchaser of the product to ensure the firearm attachment is speced for the product.

You should work for Beretta,you would fit in perfectly.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Excellent retort. I love it. smile

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

2mg-

Tomorrow I will re read that thread to see what I ? might ? have missed or what didn't sink in.
Jerry

2muchgun -- You still with us ?

I just RE read that WHOLE thread, "Tikka Experience".
Guess what ? In ALL 18 PAGES <<<YOU>>> were the ONLY 1 to mention Beretta CS.

AND you didn't mention CS until P 16

This thread is where I've heard the MOST criticism of Beretta CS and it seems justified. I'm really NOT trying to say I told you so. I wanted to double check for myself.

We can still be friends ! smile

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

No thank you, the company has nothing that I am interested in...and I wouldn't take a new Sako or Tikka if it were given to me.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Position shooting with a sling strains the fugk out of the front stud as well. To claim it can handle one and not the other is horse schit.

Travis

I agree. Back in the day when riflemen knew how to use a sling for shooting, rifles commonly had barrel bands to take the pressure of a tight sling.

If the OP's buddy had used the sling stud for its intended purpose, that rifle would have lasted for several generations. Don't blame the manufacturer for a failure of that nature when subjected to the usage it was put to.

Any fool would have examined the structural integrity of his fore arm before bolting something like a bipod to it, right? Right? To not do so, and then blame the stock maker for a failure related to that is ludicrous and narrow minded. On the other hand I agree that their response was uncalled for. They could have at least told him to take a hike in more friendly terms.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I wonder if a guy could spread a little epoxy in the front end of a tupperware stock to strengthen it a bit for bi-pod shooting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

2mg-

Jerry

2muchgun -- You still with us ?

I just RE read that WHOLE thread, "Tikka Experience".
Guess what ? In ALL 18 PAGES <<<YOU>>> were the ONLY 1 to mention Beretta CS.

AND you didn't mention CS until P 16

This thread is where I've heard the MOST criticism of Beretta CS and it seems justified. I'm really NOT trying to say I told you so. I wanted to double check for myself.

We can still be friends ! smile

Jerry

Good morning Jerry. I just read this and it did not seem right to me. Go back and check page 3 and page 5 grin

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I didn't check any further than that or to see if anyone else chimed in. The guy bought his rifle, so I don't see any need to continue the other thread or
make the man second guess his purchase. I hope it serves him well and that he never has to deal with Beretta...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
I wonder if a guy could spread a little epoxy in the front end of a tupperware stock to strengthen it a bit for bi-pod shooting.

If it were mine I would either go Bell and Carlson or Accraglass Gel........

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

I agree. Back in the day when riflemen knew how to use a sling for shooting, rifles commonly had barrel bands to take the pressure of a tight sling.

If the OP's buddy had used the sling stud for its intended purpose, that rifle would have lasted for several generations. Don't blame the manufacturer for a failure of that nature when subjected to the usage it was put to.

Any fool would have examined the structural integrity of his fore arm before bolting something like a bipod to it, right? Right? To not do so, and then blame the stock maker for a failure related to that is ludicrous and narrow minded. On the other hand I agree that their response was uncalled for. They could have at least told him to take a hike in more friendly terms.

A stock should be able to handle a sling used for position shooting as well as a bipod.

They sold him an overpriced POS.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in the day when riflemen knew how to use a sling for shooting, rifles commonly had barrel bands to take the pressure of a tight sling

A barrel band has never helped a single rifle on the planet shoot better. I'd not bitch about the lack of one on anything.

I agree that position shooting with sling stresses the stud also. But it is not in the same manner. If shooting from a bench with a bipod, or prone in tough field conditions, you are asking a lot of a tupperware or glass reinforced stock. Period. Get a rest, or a different stock, or or a different bipod system.

That said, Beretta still sucks balls, and yes it is an overpriced POS IMO......

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I feel much the same way, Travis. But, in reality, how many guys use a sling for position shooting anymore? Hardly anybody. Can't really blame a stock maker for ignoring the possibility in this day and age.

Kinda like blaming the car maker for installing a plastic sleek/sexy front end on a car instead of a good old heavy duty solid steel bumper when you bump something and incur $2000 worth of damage- when you bought the car for its looks instead of its utility.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

A barrel band has never helped a single rifle on the planet shoot better. I'd not bitch about the lack of one on anything.

Agreed, they don't, per se. But it does in the respect that they provided a superb foundation for anchoring the front sling swivel, which in itself can make up for a lot of other faults by enabling a steadier hold.

Beretta may suck balls, but you can find someone who thinks the same way about every other gun maker, too. There's an ass for every seat. grin

Last edited by gnoahhh; 10/11/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree. And I do shoot that way. I can remember my good bud telling me 30 yrs. ago about how his dad showed him how to use the sling for support on offhand shots.

That said, I have never yanked out a sling stud doing it, nor has he. I have seen plenty of damage done by bipods though......

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ha ha, I should never have stepped into this conversation because I don't even use slings on my rifles for carrying them. (They ride in my game pocket or backpack to be used if I have my hands full with something else.) And I think bipods are for guys who don't mind the extra weight and nuisance of one hanging on them just for a few seconds of utility every now and then. Of course, I hunt exclusively with rifles made pre-WWII which aren't adaptable to them and which would look stupid with one on them. To each his own - I certainly don't expect others to follow my example as I don't choose to follow theirs. It's all good.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I feel much the same way, Travis. But, in reality, how many guys use a sling for position shooting anymore? Hardly anybody. Can't really blame a stock maker for ignoring the possibility in this day and age.

Kinda like blaming the car maker for installing a plastic sleek/sexy front end on a car instead of a good old heavy duty solid steel bumper when you bump something and incur $2000 worth of damage- when you bought the car for its looks instead of its utility.

The d-bag told him it was designed to be used for a sling and that's how a lot of people use slings.

If Beretta's stance is that their swivel stud is there for the sole purpose of transporting the rifle via sling, then they are raping their customers.

That's ridiculous IMO.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And to add insult to injury, I have a Tikka CTR with their cheap ass stock on it and it has seen thousands of rounds of .308 and almost all of them have been off a bipod.

If they can make a serviceable stock for that POS, they should certainly be including one with an A-Gay.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That is irrelevant, the company is not making their rifle to accommodate bipods, evidenced by lack of inclusion in the owners manual (the same manual that doesn't include a lengthy expose on how to insert the barrel into your mouth)...and the company is not responsible for what the purchaser does outside the provisions the firearm is speced for.

It is reasonably common for people to suicide in cars...good luck holding the manufacturer responsible for what some dill does with the product, nor is it reasonable to expect firearms manufacturers to be held responsible for people being shot with the firearms those same companies manufacture.

At some point we all have to take responsibility for our actions...and stop looking for a free handout.

Hint:

If you have to use ridiculous analogies like suicide to support your argument, you're probably losing.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Travis

Nope, not the purpose of a barrel band. A barrel band mount with a tight sling is asking for a POI change.

The benefits of a barrel band are to allow the use of a shorter forearm and to keep the front sling in the proper location, and for rifles with significant recoil it prevents having a front stud that will smack your hand under recoil.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Hint:

If you have to use ridiculous analogies like suicide to support your argument, you're probably losing.

I do not particularly give a shit.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Travis

Nope, not the purpose of a barrel band. A barrel band mount with a tight sling is asking for a POI change.

The benefits of a barrel band are to allow the use of a shorter forearm and to keep the front sling in the proper location, and for rifles with significant recoil it prevents having a front stud that will smack your hand under recoil.

I believe we're picturing two different things. You, I believe, are referring to a small steel band that wraps around the naked barrel. I, on the other hand, when referring to rifles of yore with stout bands to hold a tight sling am referring to bands that encompass the stock too. Think Winchester M52A, Springfield M1903 NRA Sporter, Savage M19 NRA, etc. A slight case of diverging definitions.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 10/12/16.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
gnoahhh,

Any fool would have examined the structural integrity of his fore arm before bolting something like a bipod to it, right?

You say. The original poster doesn't seem to be a fool so he wouldn't examine the structural integrity of his fore arm before bolting something like a bipod to it. He is probably exactly like the fast majority of posters on this sight.

Everyday Hunter
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Expecting Sako to warranty a 10-year old plastic rifle stock is just laughable.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jerry,

Saying Beretta customer service can suck is being kind. Sometimes it may not, but you best know someone. Most of the time it will. Many examples exist in the shotgun group. Guessing, but it seems rifles are included.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
To their credit that did do this:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-beretta-moving-20140722-story.html

And to the other side of the MDL. Should make Steelhead happy and I can see why.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I bought an A7 when they first came out.

It had the lightweight plastic stock.

Anyway, I shot this chit out of it and it took roughly 600-800 rounds from a bipod before I happened to notice that the front stud was starting to crack out.

Mine is a 300 WSM and it was/is a slick rifle.

Replaced the factory with an EDGE and stuck the tupperware in the closet.

Caught the Montana bug and pretty much forgot about anything Sako/Tikka.

(FWIW have a Sako 85 in 300 WSM with well over 1k from a bipod and no issues)

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman
gnoahhh,

Any fool would have examined the structural integrity of his fore arm before bolting something like a bipod to it, right?

You say. The original poster doesn't seem to be a fool so he wouldn't examine the structural integrity of his fore arm before bolting something like a bipod to it. He is probably exactly like the fast majority of posters on this sight.

Yeah. I was too harsh. My apologies.

Sometimes I ascribe personal traits to the world at large. If I were to to do something like hanging a bipod on a new rifle, I would check the web thickness of the material it would be attached to and any other structural characteristics that would effect the installation. It's the engineer side of me that drives me to be anal like that. I realize most guys just trust stuff to be ok.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by battue
Jerry,

Saying Beretta customer service can suck is being kind. Sometimes it may not, but you best know someone. Most of the time it will. Many examples exist in the shotgun group. Guessing, but it seems rifles are included.

Thnx Battue.
I've had NO trouble w/my Tikka T 3 Lite SS 270 in 13 yrs. I certainly hope I don't either. However after 10-13 yrs I would not expect a warranty, especially on the stock.

OTOH too many have given examples of P P customer service so I don't plan to be a future Beretta customer.

Thnx again

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They do make excellent shotguns that seldom cause problems-especially their O/U's-but if something does occur then quick is not part of their reputation. Their semi-auto shotguns are also fine. However, when something does go wrong, it normally involves an easy parts swap which are available from a variety of sources once you figure out what broke.

Had a brand new Beretta semi that the forend cracked. Beretta had a display tent at the shoot and I took it over. They looked at it and said I would have to send it in for them to look at. Now they had maybe 10 of the same model on display. I said just give me one off of one of them. No, can't do. OK, I'll pay you for one. No, can't do, have to send it in. I duct tapped the crack and to this day it remains the same.

Now if I had been one of the known shooters, it would have been a done deal. 😀

Last edited by battue; 10/12/16.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pal
Expecting Sako to warranty a 10-year old plastic rifle stock is just laughable.

And them wanting $650 for a tupperware is hilarious. 😏

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sucks thats you guys have such [bleep] Beretta CS. Here (Australia) they are probably one of the best in terms of after-sales support and general CS/warranty stuff. Seems they can't do enough to help the end user. Hope it improves for you guys soon.

You only live once.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
B P -

I'm glad their C S is good there. Maybe ? it'll get better here.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
[quote=dennisinaz]

JStuart, your analogy is one of the stupidest ones I have ever seen. You need to quit defending this mess. Bipods have been very mainstream for over 30 years now. EVERY manufacturer has seen them. IF they don't think their stock can stand up to one, they should put a disclaimer on the stock or owner's manual. Pretty simple. This is more like putting a steering wheel cover on the wheel and having the steering wheel break off. After seeing that photo, I would never sling that rifle! If they had simply said that they didn't want to warranty a 10-year-old stock I could live with that.

As for the McMillan stocks. I can't see how you can possibly damage the stud with a bipod. They are threaded into STEEL T- nut which is carefully inletted into the stock and epoxied in place. You would have to rip a 3/4" whole all the way through the stock to get one out. I can also guarantee that McMillan would have no problem fixing you stock for free if you bipod stud pulled out- even if it was a 375 H&H.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by battue
They do make excellent shotguns that seldom cause problems-especially their O/U's-but if something does occur then quick is not part of their reputation. Their semi-auto shotguns are also fine. However, when something does go wrong, it normally involves an easy parts swap which are available from a variety of sources once you figure out what broke.

Had a brand new Beretta semi that the forend cracked. Beretta had a display tent at the shoot and I took it over. They looked at it and said I would have to send it in for them to look at. Now they had maybe 10 of the same model on display. I said just give me one off of one of them. No, can't do. OK, I'll pay you for one. No, can't do, have to send it in. I duct tapped the crack and to this day it remains the same.

Now if I had been one of the known shooters, it would have been a done deal. 😀

They do make nice shotguns although a silver pigeon purchased 10 years ago had to go back immediately and the plating was cheap, the stock finish brittle.

I certainly hope Beretta never buys Cesar Guerini

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Read the posts and agree that manufacturers should anticipate the use of front swivel studs for bipod use....but have never used a bipod on the bench. Seems to me that there is too much "bounce." My cousin used to shoot a .25-06 from the bench using his bipod...groups were about 2 inches for three shots. Took the bipod off, shot off sandbags, groups were barely over an inch. I could see the rifle rebound from the bench when he used the bipod.
I also am distrustful of threaded front sling swivels in wood stocks. My main hunting rifle came with a threaded front swivel with barely 1/2 inch of threads. I had the forearm drilled through and countersunk for a machine screw swivel and a nut. I am much more confortable carrying the rifle slung now...and also feel better about attaching a bipod when hunting.
I put a Williams brrrel band swivel on a Savage 99A I had as a kid. Missed some shots using the sling in the field....years later it occurred to me it might be changing point of impact. Long story short...about 4 inches low and left when shooting from a snug sling compared to without. My current rifles are free floated with the swivel in the foreend...no change in POI that I can discern using sling for a shooting aid.
I presently own no synthetic stocked rifles....went back to wood just cause I like it better, and hunt in a dry climate so don't really need the moisture stability of synthetic. But if I ever get one, I'll be careful of using the front stud for bipod attachment!

Last edited by 300_savage; 10/13/16.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

JStuart, your analogy is one of the stupidest ones I have ever seen. You need to quit defending this mess. Bipods have been very mainstream for over 30 years now. EVERY manufacturer has seen them. IF they don't think their stock can stand up to one, they should put a disclaimer on the stock or owner's manual. Pretty simple. This is more like putting a steering wheel cover on the wheel and having the steering wheel break off. After seeing that photo, I would never sling that rifle! If they had simply said that they didn't want to warranty a 10-year-old stock I could live with that.

As for the McMillan stocks. I can't see how you can possibly damage the stud with a bipod. They are threaded into STEEL T- nut which is carefully inletted into the stock and epoxied in place. You would have to rip a 3/4" whole all the way through the stock to get one out. I can also guarantee that McMillan would have no problem fixing you stock for free if you bipod stud pulled out- even if it was a 375 H&H.

Oh okay, have it your way...the manufacturer should warranty your personal rifles til the day your grandchildren bury you, even for things and actions the manufacturer did not design the firearms for...they should also include a nice big soft tit for you to suck on so that you do not have to fend for yourself in this big nasty world, and a lovely soft ball of cotton wool so that you can nestle inside and not have to take responsibility for your own decisions and mistakes.

Satisfied?

Good grief you lot are a pack of gimmethat fairies.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I like that tit idea.

Clark

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is why I don't buy POS European rifles.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But, in reality, how many guys use a sling for position shooting anymore? Hardly anybody. Can't really blame a stock maker for ignoring the possibility in this day and age.

Literally every person I know uses a sling for positional shooting. And 99% of those people are just deer hunters/plinkers/varmint shooters, not loonies who might have developed the habit via Highpower or something.

Beretta makes a nice O/U - right up until there's an issue. Then CS gets involved and it SUCKS. When I was shooting clays heavy - it's why I stuck with Browning (other than most Beretta's fit me for crap).

Browning CS my brother used once and it was exemplary. 425 that was several years old and about 50,000 rounds developed a crack in the wrist. Replaced free and with better wood than originally on it. FAST as well.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Beretta and Tikka rifle have undergone alot of corner cutting to get their weight done in the last decade or so.

Failures like the sling swivel stud arent really a surprise and just reinforce the old adage that you get what you pay for !!

Last edited by RGinther; 10/13/16.

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich !
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It's just plastic....what can we expect?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

My problem with that is if the relatively gentle recoil of a .308 did that while sitting on a bipod, I certainly wouldn't have much faith
in the integrity of the stock/sling stud to hold my rifle on my shoulder using a sling and hold up to any serious josteling. And what if
a guy wanted to shoot supported with the sling? That puts a fair bit of pressure on that stud....

The potential mechanical stress on a stud from a bipod when a rifle is fired is far more than from a sling arrangement.
Firstly with the bipod, the stud/stock is already under constant stress(traction) just to keep the device attached,
then when the rifle is fired the additional mechanical forces leveraged and compounded through the bipod legs
(think also shock loading-transfer through a rigid arrangement) add significant stresses to the stud/stock arrangement.
A sling arrangement on the other hand has no where near the potential destructive mechanical forces on the stud.

- Would I still want a stock that can cope with a bipod?...yes of course.
- Would I complain much about injected moulded stocks with such exhibited faiure?...no.
- Would I let it worry me much if it happened at the range or on a hunt?..no, because I know how to improvise and adapt,
and have had much more highly reputable expensive hunting gear fail to live up to reasonable expectation.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RGinther
the old adage that you get what you pay for !!

That certainly explains why you suck dick so poorly, you two-dollah whore.

Clark

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

My problem with that is if the relatively gentle recoil of a .308 did that while sitting on a bipod, I certainly wouldn't have much faith
in the integrity of the stock/sling stud to hold my rifle on my shoulder using a sling and hold up to any serious josteling. And what if
a guy wanted to shoot supported with the sling? That puts a fair bit of pressure on that stud....

The potential mechanical stress on a stud from a bipod when a rifle is fired is far more than from a sling arrangement.
Firstly with the bipod, the stud/stock is already under constant stress(traction) just to keep the device attached,
then when the rifle is fired the additional mechanical forces leveraged and compounded through the bipod legs
(think also shock loading-transfer through a rigid arrangement) add significant stresses to the stud/stock arrangement.
A sling arrangement on the other hand has no where near the potential destructive mechanical forces on the stud.

- Would I still want a stock that can cope with a bipod?...yes of course.
- Would I complain much about injected moulded stocks with such exhibited faiure?...no.
- Would I let it worry me much if it happened at the range or on a hunt?..no, because I know how to improvise and adapt,
and have had much more highly reputable expensive hunting gear fail to live up to reasonable expectation.

The A7 isn't a bargain rifle. It's an overpriced hunk of schit.

It's true that you could snap that portion of the stock as pictured by the OP by over cranking, but to state a bipod that's properly attached exerts more force than using a sling simply shows you don't know how to use a fugking sling. Same as Beretta.

$600 + dollars for THAT stock?

No wonder everybody hates Europe.

Clark

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As an aside, out of all the guys I know, no one uses a bipod on his hunting rig and only one has a bipod on one of his varmint rifles. Must be a western/open country thing. Can't remember ever seeing a bipod on any stranger's rifles in the woods either come to think of it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Don't you all hunt from a blind?

Travis

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ducks and geese. I'm sure there's some ground blinds here and there, but I haven't seen any.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the old adage that you get what you pay for !!

That certainly explains why you suck dick so poorly, you two-dollah whore.

Clark

lol deflave you sure are an ugly biatch, keep the thread on topic or are you just a bad smell Troll ?? LMFAO

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

..but to state a bipod that's properly attached exerts more force than using a sling simply shows
you don't know how to use a fugking sling. Same as Beretta.

1.- I didn't state the bipod was properly attached, I don't know either way for sure
but if it was majorly over-cranked , it almost certainly would contribute in some way to the failure.

2.- I didn't comment on the 600 price or value of the replacement stock.
but like many manufacturers of almost anything in the world, they often try to scalp the customer on
replacement parts whether its an ordinary orig. replacement steel rim for a vehicle or an orig. replacement
crystal for a Rolex Submariner, so the cost of the stock doesn't surprise me.

3. - you know your slings and I know my mechanical physics, so lets just agree to disagree.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

lol deflave you sure are an ugly biatch, keep the thread on topic or are you just a bad smell Troll ?? LMFAO

I decide what the topic is or isn't.

You gutter slut.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Starman

..but to state a bipod that's properly attached exerts more force than using a sling simply shows
you don't know how to use a fugking sling. Same as Beretta.

1.- I didn't state the bipod was properly attached, I don't know either way for sure
but if it was majorly over-cranked , it almost certainly would contribute in some way to the failure.

2.- I didn't comment on the 600 price or value of the replacement stock.
but like many manufacturers of almost anything in the world, they often try to scalp the customer on
replacement parts whether its an ordinary orig. replacement steel rim for a vehicle or an orig. replacement
crystal for a Rolex Submariner, so the cost of the stock doesn't surprise me.

3. - you know your slings and I know my mechanical physics, so lets just agree to disagree.

What's a mechanical physic?

Dave

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I have just reread the thread and I agree with 'flave...I like the tit idea too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stud mounted bipods are part and parcel of our shooting landscape these days. I would have given the smartass Beretta CS rep an earful when they made the comment about running over it with a car. Running over guns with a vehicle is not a normal application. Mounting a bipod on the fore end is very much a part of what people do with their rifles. Given that it is common that people use bipods, Sako should state in the owner's manual that their stocks aren't strong enough to handle a bipod. A Ruger American stock can handle it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (163bc, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,673
Posts18,456,052
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.