Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's been beautiful in NM...we filled our 3 elk tags and will be kicking back for a few days before we head home...

Public landowner...
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Cinch
It's been beautiful in NM...we filled our 3 elk tags and will be kicking back for a few days before we head home...

Well done!!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks man...I'll make a post with some pics in a few days when I get home...

Public landowner...
P
prm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tag soup for me.

Can't point to any one thing, but it was hot, very bright full moon and an orange army. Apparently someone posted coordinates as I saw 7 other hunters within an hour of first light. It was a circus. I usually see maybe one the entire trip. Pretty sure the elk were pushed out and what few remained simply laid low during the day and were active at night.

Not sure what to do next year.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry to hear that... an "orange army" is my least favorite sighting on a hunt.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

P
prm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks. Wish I knew what happened that resulted in so many other hunters in one small area all of the sudden.

On the good side, this motivates me to look into adding a WY or MT hunt next year. Start the research now and follow up with a summer scouting (camping) trip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prm
Tag soup for me.

Can't point to any one thing, but it was hot, very bright full moon and an orange army. Apparently someone posted coordinates as I saw 7 other hunters within an hour of first light. It was a circus. I usually see maybe one the entire trip. Pretty sure the elk were pushed out and what few remained simply laid low during the day and were active at night.

That sucks.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by prm

Chances are, all the guys you saw are saying the same thing and won't be back to that spot next year. Just a thought but I've seen it happen.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by prm
Tag soup for me.

we hunted a draw unit this year, and noticed a radical increase in hunter concentration this year too.

especially frustrating was the # of guys that camped at the end of logging roads, right in the MIDDLE of good hunting areas.

I assume folks that normally hunt the other end of the unit decided to come for a visit to our end.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
P
prm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Billy Goat: Sounds like you could be describing the same place. I'm one who camps pretty much in the elk, but I've camped the same place for years. Lots of very thick woods and steep terrain between camp and where I go to hunt though.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 19 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.