Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Anybody watching it? I just saw the first 4 episodes, holy chit I'm digging it. Enough realism in it to be interesting. They really get a lot of the little stuff right.

MAGA
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Drink more whiskey than I can!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm on the second season. It good even though I want to kick the dipshit brothers in the taint. The remarks about the old man are funny, likeep adding Ronald Reagan to Mt Rushmore. He hates chevy trucks and is a die hard Republican. Pretty witty comebacks too.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just finished watching the second season - wife and I get a kick out of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My girlfriend loves it. I don't mind it.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Is this a reality type show?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Anybody watching it? I just saw the first 4 episodes, holy chit I'm digging it. Enough realism in it to be interesting. They really get a lot of the little stuff right.

The newest season on Netflix is even better than the first season. Good chit. Reminds me of my family... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have watched both seasons. Funny that most of the charcters are from either from That 70s show or the newer Two and ahalf Men.

Sam Elliot is great as the dad.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No it's a sitcom. Basic plot is it's set at a ranch in CO. Rancher has 2 sons, one was HS football star who left the ranch to pursue it and never made it big. Now he's back, hat in hand. Other brother stayed and helped out. Sam Elliot is the dad. It's funny as hell, and obviously written and or acted by people with a little bit of a clue.

MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The wife and I just finished season 2 last night. We're addicted to the show. And, watching way too much d&$# tv. Season 3 can't get here soon enough! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The newest season on Netflix is even better than the first season. Good chit. Reminds me of my family... laugh

Agreed - I liked the second season better than the first. I don't LOL much but did repeatedly through season two...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very funny show, have enjoyed it. It's mostly just a re-hashing of "That '70's Show". Hyde & Kelso are back, only now they work on a ranch. But the interaction is very similar, and the chemistry between the two actors is still there. Sam Elliott's character is Red Foreman who owns a ranch, but now he's Red Foreman played by Sam Elliott; and how can that be bad?

Nothing innovative or creative, but it's written well, the characters are good, and it's funny; so what else could you want?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now if only they could get Mila Kunis on the show... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just can't watch stupid chit like that.

Sam......

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Have watched only three episodes. Writing is pretty good but casting is awful.

Maybe I should just jump to the second season to form an opinion?

Last edited by websterparish47; 10/12/16.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I just can't watch stupid chit like that.

Now you know how we feel about your posts.

So you've seen it? No need to answer, as I know it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No it's a sitcom. Basic plot is it's set at a ranch in CO. Rancher has 2 sons, one was HS football star who left the ranch to pursue it and never made it big. Now he's back, hat in hand. Other brother stayed and helped out. Sam Elliot is the dad. It's funny as hell, and obviously written and or acted by people with a little bit of a clue.

I do like Sam Elliot.

Is netflix the only way to watch this show?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sam Elliot is the man, but I just can't get past any show with a laugh track that pops up every 10 seconds, whether something is funny or not.

I made it 5 minutes into the first episode and had to turn it off.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
2 minutes was all I could take. Love ole Sam but could not take that stupid grin while looking up,

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
well we are watching back to back episodes after reading about it here. I started before my wife came home, then started fresh with her to watch it.
It's got a lot of stuff right. There was some back and forth on facebook yesterday about trump grabbing stuff, and some of the women wrote in and said they wouldn't mind grabbing sam elliot's butt.
I don't think anyone would want to grab my butt, but i do sound and act a lot like the character elliot plays. I think it is funny as all get out, including that lever action in the truck. I still have MY gun rack like that from my truck in the 70's. Some of the lines are great, like having a gun rack in the bathroom, living room, dining room etc. And worrying about the north koreans. Hell, here it's the cartels.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 67 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.