Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've ran in a number or our so called leaders... They say ...how u doing...I say I'd be doing better if I had the other half of my pfd ...then I turn and walk ...my timing is down to near perfect !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought you were a big fan of walker?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
IIRC did they set your PFD to a maximum amount and "bank the rest"?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They let Ruger decide this year. It's 10/22.

Next year I've heard they're going to let Remington decide, so I'm guessing we'll either see 700 or 870. eek

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm pissed that basically nothing was cut from the state budget prior to this happening. Also, that this was pretty much was for show only, since the 600M vetoed can't be used by the state for spending, it just doesn't get paid out.

However, should ANY revenue source (a last resort when state budget is actually within norms) be used, I'd rather it be the PFD, rather than any other source.

The Permanent Fund Dividend, is a fun paid out from the investment earnings of a Permanent capital fund investment. It is not the Permanent Dividend Fund. Like any other investment, the dividends pay out some years, and don't some.

Using the PFD earnings as a source of revenue only hurts poor thinking individuals who counted on an investment of which they have no control to subsidize their lifestyle. If you rely on the dividend for your lifestyle, that is YOUR fault.

Use of the PFD as a tax base is more fair than an income, or sales tax. It affect all of us equally (assuming you didn't make any stupid decisions). I pay income tax. I pay sales tax. I pay property tax. Don't let the most expensive sector of Alaska get off with no contribution.

I must reiterate... I don't think that the state budget was cut enough, and I don't think that the revenue from the PF should have been tapped until Juneau gets it's [bleep] together.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
$7600

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LoadClear
I'm pissed that basically nothing was cut from the state budget prior to this happening. Also, that this was pretty much was for show only, since the 600M vetoed can't be used by the state for spending, it just doesn't get paid out.

However, should ANY revenue source (a last resort when state budget is actually within norms) be used, I'd rather it be the PFD, rather than any other source.

The Permanent Fund Dividend, is a fun paid out from the investment earnings of a Permanent capital fund investment. It is not the Permanent Dividend Fund. Like any other investment, the dividends pay out some years, and don't some.

Using the PFD earnings as a source of revenue only hurts poor thinking individuals who counted on an investment of which they have no control to subsidize their lifestyle. If you rely on the dividend for your lifestyle, that is YOUR fault.

Use of the PFD as a tax base is more fair than an income, or sales tax. It affect all of us equally (assuming you didn't make any stupid decisions). I pay income tax. I pay sales tax. I pay property tax. Don't let the most expensive sector of Alaska get off with no contribution.

I must reiterate... I don't think that the state budget was cut enough, and I don't think that the revenue from the PF should have been tapped until Juneau gets it's [bleep] together.

I agree with just about everything you said!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Cut a budget? Make Juneau get its [bleep] together? How much you been drinkin')?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe a special session where they can only vote on stuff that won't directly affect their own constituents would be one way to get some stuff cut? Probably wouldn't make much difference, but we'd sure find out who were good at scratching others' backs most effectively.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nailed it!

I had an opportunity to talk to representative Reinbold a few weeks ago. She's one of the few that gets it and thinks like reasonable rational Alaskans. She said the good ole boy network down there is just nauseating, which is why they're trying their darndest to get someone to take her seat.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Maybe a special session where they can only vote on stuff that won't directly affect their own constituents...

...and they don't get per diem payments for working on the ONLY F&$*ING thing that they needed to do during the regular session but just couldn't find the time. http://www.adn.com/politics/article...tures-overtime-session-12500/2016/04/22/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Say it with feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Interesting read... noted especially thay Sullivan's right-hand man is teamed with Bagitch's babe... Makes it easier to dislike Sullivan...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thanks for the link, W4B.

...and former Senator Mark Begich’s spokeswoman Heather Handyside...
Also was Scott McAdams' aide.

Now I understand why Joe is running a lot of PFD ads.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Thanks for the link, W4B.

...and former Senator Mark Begich’s spokeswoman Heather Handyside...
Also was Scott McAdams' aide.

Now I understand why Joe is running a lot of PFD ads.

Thanks for hammering me with the obvious...

I need to drink more of your beer...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Come and get it.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.