Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
RyanTX Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I've had this no-dash 36 for awhile and it was unfired until Saturday. It's a very nice shooting little pistol. I've never messed with the small revolvers much, but this one shot really well.
I've got a few "virgins" in the safe, but decided it was time for this one to get her cherry popped. I still can't bring myself to fire the others, which is tough because if I'm not going to shoot it and enjoy it, then I don't have much use for it. But, the others will build a little more collector value, then I'll probably sell them to fund stuff I will enjoy more.

Anyone else have a "virgin" your torn about shooting?

[Linked Image]

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Anyone else have a "virgin" your torn about shooting?

No.

And don't put me near guns you don't want shot... whistle

Gorgeous snub though.

Needs caressing...

And a rub down...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
When firearms are made the manufacturer figures they'll be shot. That's why they shoot proof loads in them. I do my part. wink

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No virgins around here. I make sure of that.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
RyanTX Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Yeah, I'm having to get past the "but it's brand new in the box" mentality with a few of them. Like I said, will probably/eventually sell the others to fund other things.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a safe full of them. Interesting story on one tho.
many years ago a widow lady asked me if i wanted to buy her husband's gun, a model ten, in the box, tools, papers etc., she said he never fired it. When she brought it in, i said you were right he didn't fire it. She brought in a full box of .38s&w he had purchased for it. Problem was it was a .38special. still unfired.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a chance. I even took the first shot from a friend's pristine Bowen custom, and felt no shame.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
RyanTX Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Not a chance. I even took the first shot from a friend's pristine Bowen custom, and felt no shame.

Ha, that wouldn't have bothered me either (especially since it wasn't mine, ha). Recent production unfired guns don't bother me in terms of shooting them. But ones that are older than me, well those are the ones I have a hard time with the idea of shooting them.

Several have what I refer to as their "body doubles". Same gun, but a shooter that I can play with.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have a 642 no lock that has never been fired. Just forgot about it. Got it on a trade and put it up for the wife (she has another one) I think I need to test fire it pretty quick.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I figure someone is going to shoot it and it may as well be me.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like a pretty wife; it was made for something, so get on with it and enjoy.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A few years ago, this one was unfired and belonged to a friend's father. Upon his father's death, the friend gifted it to me. I told him it would not remain unfired and it didn't.

[Linked Image]

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh thank god...it's about a pistol, I was sure it was going to be a post about tRHs sex life

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yup. I use it for photos.
Bob

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
RyanTX Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Oh thank god...it's about a pistol, I was sure it was going to be a post about tRHs sex life

laugh

R
RyanTX Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Great looking pistol Bob. Is that the pre-36? I'm just getting into learning about the S&W revolvers, their model #'s, etc.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Great looking pistol Bob. Is that the pre-36? I'm just getting into learning about the S&W revolvers, their model #'s, etc.

It's a very early "baby Chief". Other than a turn line, it's mint. Also has the cleaning rod, brush and instruction pamphlet.
Bob

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No virgins.
In fact, I bang my gals pretty hard.
Yeah, magnum loads.

Will admit I didn't blast the E series Python much, just zero check and hunt it.

629's got a constant blasting.

Haven't fingered my Colt 1911 for a while...........hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe take her out tomorrow and show her who is still boss.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Did have a M60 no dash. Bobbed the hammer and ran it with +p.
Nice rig, carried it for a couple o' years.
Neat little things, J frames.........like petite hotties.
Tyler T grips look cool on 'em
Kinda like a Victoria's push up bra.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hookeye
Did have a M60 no dash. Bobbed the hammer and ran it with +p.
Nice rig, carried it for a couple o' years.
Neat little things, J frames.........like petite hotties.
Tyler T grips look cool on 'em
Kinda like a Victoria's push up bra.
IDGAF how nice or expensive the bra is, or the thong, chicks always look better without them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.