Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
setch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does anyone have experience with bloodlights, flashlights that are supposed to help you track blood? I was looking at the Primos Bloodhunter HD Blood Light, but am skeptical.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stay skeptical. Save that money and buy a Coleman lantern. That'll show blood about as good as anything out there.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A good adjustable LED flashlight is all you need.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tzone
Stay skeptical. Save that money and buy a Coleman lantern. That'll show blood about as good as anything out there.

^^^^^^^^ This

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My BIL bought one.
Total waste of money. It doesn't pick up anything more than a good LED flashlight will.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LED flashlight and a small spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have not seen a single "blood light " or hear sensor for blood trails that really works. A friend bought one and tested it on a new bloodtrail, with the dead deer in sight. It was worthless. Wouldn't even pick up the dead deer at his feet. Save your money.
There is a rumor/myth i intend to test on this subject, though. It is said that the white gas colman lanterns are the best light source for a bloodtrail. Will a propane lantern the same size do as well? No one knows. So i now have a matched pair of lanterns, one pump up white gas, one propane, with reflecters of the same square area, ready and waiting to test this theory. They have been waiting now for two years, because i haven't had a single night bloodtrail to follow since then. When i test them, i shall include pics. Hopefully, they will show up well enough to document the results.

Last edited by kellory; 10/19/16.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager

How do you use the peroxide? Do you just spray it on suspected blood drops to see if it foams?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Correct.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Peroxide will work. You can also take a bit of paper towel or TP and dab it at the suspected spot and it will show you if that's blood or not.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Originally Posted by 4ager

How do you use the peroxide? Do you just spray it on suspected blood drops to see if it foams?

Yep. I use it sparing, really only when and where I can't find or follow the trail because the spots have gotten small or I'm missing them somehow.

Another couple pointers to consider - ants and daddy long legs spiders will find blood and other bodily fluids. Keep an eye out for them if you are having a hard time finding or following the trail.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
A
I hate hunting without my trusty friend. Either on the trailing lead in open areas

[Linked Image]2013-04-01 07.06.14

or off but under control in cover

[Linked Image]20140926_105915

Has some additional benefits

[Linked Image]20151010_134746

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
When they first started selling LED flashlights My buddy bought one. I still had a maglight. He shoots a deer right before dark and can't find blood. He called me and I came to help. I shine the ground where he shot and there is blood easily visible. He told me to turn my light off. I do and he is shining his new Whizzbang flashlight the blood disappears. I turn mine back on there is the blood again. He rares back and throws his led flashlight as far as he can. The new ones may be better. I keep a coleman lantern in case I need to look for one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF0286_zpsaky9pcf5.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

We take off a lot of deer and exotics every year,Smoke, makes finding wounded or dead critters, a whole lot easier than trying to track thru this S. Texas brush. Rio7

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I was skeptical. My son has a Primos and I hit a buck a little high and a little far back. The Primos did the trick. However I have read that it works for some people and not others. Like some people see the dress as blue and some see white ? It worked for me though so I bought my own

Last edited by NEBHUNTER; 10/19/16.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A friend bought one not sure what brand but it was worthless. Even when we could see the blood trail it didn't do anything.
What it was good for is finding lost arrows in the dark if the have fluorescent knocks on them.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have one of the propane lanterns, be interesting to know if they work as well as the old white gas versions.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by duckster
I have one of the propane lanterns, be interesting to know if they work as well as the old white gas versions.

They do.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We walk a tenuous line between finding the deer when we're looking for them, and not chasing the deer when we're not.....

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.