24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, that's interesting to know, apparently there was an exception to the general line.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sent off a money order for a IV Target SS yesterday. Should be here the end of next week. I am a sucker for all good .22's handguns. If price matters, paid $504 shipped. Have no reason to wait and see if the price drops. If I really like it might buy a Hunter model as well. Cheers

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Snowwolfe: I just came from my local pawn/sport shop and they have the Ruger MK-IV "Target" like you ordered on the shelf - and in just 30 minutes I have forgotten what their price is!
I will check later today once the Culligan man comes and goes.
I really like the Target model as well.
Still haven't shot mine but fondle it often.
I have the red dot sight for it now and all I need is the base.
I also am a sucker for "good quality" American made rimfire revolvers.
On top of enjoying shooting them and Hunting with them I enjoy collecting them - I have some rimfire pistols that have tripled+ in value over what I paid for them.
Example: I bought a beautiful S&W Model 48 revolver (22 Magnum) 8 3/8" barrel, 3-T's new in the box for $225.00 back in the 1980's. It is still new and unfired.
I recently saw one just like it sell over 3 times that amount!
Money, carefully invested, in top quality guns, SELDOM diminishes.
I do worry a bit about the "future" of firearms ownership nowadays.
That could present some obstacles.
I hope you enjoy your MK-IV Target to the max.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Snowwolfe: The price in the show case for the local Ruger MK-IV Stainless Steel Target is $512.00 (no sales tax no F.F.L. fees etc).
Sometimes "cash" earns a better price in this shop by the way.
Cheers to you as well.
And again I hope you enjoy your MK-IV Target.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Red dots are the old pistol shooters' friend for certain. I sighted in my Victory yesterday with a gen1 Fastfire I had laying around. Had to cover up part of the sensor for the auto-brightness "feature" to tone down the dot a bit. This one's due for an upgrade. Can't imagine why Ruger decided to not pack a rail with their high-end .22. Bad decision.

We expect some nice pics of your new toy lying on top of some impressive targets, and soon.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a Burris Fast Fire on my Mark III hunter. You are correct, they sure do help us old guys. Plan on putting one on the Mark IV in time.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Thanks, that's interesting to know, apparently there was an exception to the general line.

I have a SS mark 2 Gov model that is drilled and taped. My earlier made blue model is not. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
R
Got mine about a week ago. Hands down an improvement over my MKII and III. Can't wait to teach my youngest how to pop cans with it. These should be every beginners learner pistol, just puts a smile on your face.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Pappy348: I just got down from our 7 day high country Elk camp/Hunt and my assbottom is still aching from the horse ride!
Still have not shot the MK-IV and the "base" from Ruger is still not here as I checked this afternoon.
I am hoping I can provide some "impressive" targets myself!
Will keep advised.
Two of my friends have purchased the MK-IV's but its so hectic around here with the Deer and Elk seasons going on I have not heard if they have shot theirs either.
Auto brightness feature I may have to look into that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Rigs76: Yes I agree the MK-IV appears to be finished finer than the previous MK's of all models were!
I remember years ago some pop company had canned soda water for dirt cheap by the case of 24 - my kids got great glee from "popping" those full cans and watching the water fly! They were shooting with my heavy barrel MK-II.
They shot all of them and we picked up all the remnants.
That was a fun day.
Youngsters today need a bit more visual stimulation at times than just shooting paper targets while getting to know the basics - I think.
I hope your youngest enjoys that upcoming day at the range as much as my kids did.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
All: The Ruger mini-Picatinny rail showed up Saturday and I have my Red Dot sight mounted up and ready to go - waiting for better shooting conditions.
The Ruger rail is heavy and well made and finished.
It is shorter than previous Ruger supplied rails and it is heavy BUT not made of magnetic steel?
Cost $15.00 and I am happy with it.
Hoping for better weather.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Got to shoot my new MK-IV at the range and it shot VERY well.
Functioned perfectly with 3 kinds of American made hollow-point ammunition.
Only disappointment was a now noticeable (small amount) of creep to the trigger.
I can live with that for now.
The MK-IV preferred the 40 grain 1,280 F.P.S. Winchester Power-Points (not the 1,400 F.P.S kind - I have decided NOT to shoot them in this pistol for my uses).
Tied for second best were the 37 grain Winchesters hollow-points and the 36 grain Federal bulk pack hollow-points.
My shooting session was brief and fired at short range due to intermittent winds.
Anyone else shot one of these to date?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I finialy saw one in person yesterday at a small gun shop near where I work. It was the blue 5" barrel model and while it did not follow me home I really was impressed with design. They wanted 429.00 for that one but if they get a SS Hunter model in the price will be near 200 more. I will hold off for a SS model some time down the road. Gots to have one now.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
JimHnSTL: I nearly pulled the trigger last week on another Ruger MK-IV (which was the Target Model in stainless steel).
Sadly a friend of mine bought it out from under me as I was putting together the money for it.
I was wanting the gun mostly because it looked so good to me but also it had a really cool serial number on it (ending in 3 zero's)!
Oh well I am now saving that money for an upcoming gunshow.
I have shown (under my bright workbench lights and a magnifying lamp) my Ruger MK-IV to at least ten gun-nut friends each of them was very impressed with the internal and external machining and innovations on the MK-IV.
I am certain you will be happy with the MK-IV.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
395 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 38 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.