Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LouisB
My bullpuppy has be worthless from the get-go and was last THROWN to the back of the top shelf in my safe.

I have the Taurus 431 which is MUCH heavier and I love it, but too heavy to lug around fishing.

I wanted the Bulldog to carry fishing foe the SS, light weight and bullet weight. To bad it is far from reliable.

YES, charter has had it back . . . more than once.

First lemon firearm I have ever owned.

A fellow shooter had one of the older ones and it was great, reliable and a "shooter"

Go find one of the older ones. New Charters suck, and that's well known.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have no desire for any of their new stuff either.*

I almost got interested when they trotted out their 45 ACP snub a few years ago; until I discovered each individual round loaded had to be pushed into each chamber, to over-ride the patented ejector star spring-thingy they designed into it.

Thought I simply misunderstood early product announcements, so I called the mothership & they confirmed it. A five-shot snub that is impossible to speed load? Do not want.

*Possible exception- convertible Pathfinder. But I'd still rather have an old one.

Last edited by SargeMO; 10/20/16.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My bullpuppy has be worthless from the get-go and was last THROWN to the back of the top shelf in my safe.

I have the Taurus 431 which is MUCH heavier and I love it, but too heavy to lug around fishing.

I wanted the Bulldog to carry fishing foe the SS, light weight and bullet weight. To bad it is far from reliable.

YES, charter has had it back . . . more than once.

First lemon firearm I have ever owned.

A fellow shooter had one of the older ones and it was great, reliable and a "shooter"

I don't recall having owned a CA Bulldog, but I've owned several Rossi 720s with adjustable sights and like everything about them but the grip and the plastic front sight blade.

A call to M&M Gunsmithing in Hazel Green, AL, at 571-276-7676 solves the grip issues, as they have a limited inventory of the larger "target style" grips that fit the 515/518/720 size frames and are larger enough, without being too large.

A new metal front sight blade can be easily made with key stock with bench grinder and file.

I have owed a couple of S&W 696s and in 20/20 hindsight wish that I hadn't sold them for as little as I did, but for a regular carry belt gun in rough conditions, the Rossi 720s seemed like a better option to me. I carry mine mostly to shoot snakes, so I typically carry it with 3 rounds of CCI snake-shot and 2 rounds of 240 grain SWCs or switch it around to 3 bullets and 2 shot capsules.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I wanted the Bulldog to carry fishing foe the SS, light weight and bullet weight.

I have a couple of Taurus 431's and like them. I know Charters are NOT strong enough for the Buffalo Bore 44 Special but the Taurus apparently is. Both of mine are 3"ers, and can be carried with a descent holster. I prefer the 255 grain HC SWC as a minimum for standard black bears that get unruly.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Buffalo Bore has a load thats loaded with 200 grain wad cutters, that rated for the Bulldog, has anyone used them? Im been thinking of getting a box from Midway, they are in stock. I only had 6 44, rounds, but have some ammo in route, also gun show tommorow, hopeing to find some there!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most j-frame holsters will work just fine.

Sold my old M36 that I carried for over 25 years, replaced it with a Pitbull 40 S&W. Fits the Passport cordura holster the M36 rode in, with no problems.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.