Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And ping pong boolits?? Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nah... 180 skinners, per usual...

Kind of living on the edge, using target bullets for hunting, but I'm a risk taker like that.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm real risky nosler bt, tight mag constraints, short snouts, German glass, , no turrets, 4 different kinds of brass fire formed, phuque I'm doing everything wrong....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Esox357
Boxer how is the clarity on the SWFA in the early morning or last minute of shooting light?

Not him but mine's been more than ok. The Leupold and B&L Elite I used before I got mine didn't offer me any advantage I could discern in low light.

Hunting fields on the edges of cedar swamps and some hardwood ridges - not real open western country.

Me

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Esox357
Boxer how is the clarity on the SWFA in the early morning or last minute of shooting light?

Not him but mine's been more than ok. The Leupold and B&L Elite I used before I got mine didn't offer me any advantage I could discern in low light.

Hunting fields on the edges of cedar swamps and some hardwood ridges - not real open western country.

It is good, not great, depending on the color of the animal. I was shooting feral pigs recently and had a SWFA SS 6x and a NF 2.5-10x42. The pigs usually are completely black color. At last light, the SS reticle would not contrast against the animal. Picked up the NF and turned on the illumination and shot one.

But most of the time, the SS works fine.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd wish they offer the illumination on the 6x that they do the 1-4.

Me

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by teal
I'd wish they offer the illumination on the 6x that they do the 1-4.

Concur, illumination is a helpful tool. Never needed it for deer, but have used it often for the pigs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Judmam,

GREAT time to TRY and wax eloquent upon that Goat Fhuqk's "particulars". Be SURE to muse how your "vast" "knowledge","experience" and "results",steered you towards soooooooo many hurdles. I've prolly never been around any of it. Laughing!

Here's to how very WELL founded your countless Insecurities are grounded,in your uncanny "ability" to always suck...you "lucky" kchunt.

1000 words with "only" the 10 Mils on the windshield,so as to keep things "fair"...if only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'357,

I can "only" attest to passing upon 64 Bucks thus far in these last few days,only (2) of which I couldn't have murdered...which had nothin' to do with pastin' a 6X MQ's reticle upon same. Hint.(grin)

Sister passed 15 Bucks yesterday and had enough this morning,crushing (2) of the 9 we were privvy too.

The atmospherics were(are) far from "optimal",with a crashing low ceiling and Buckly Haunts ain't ever in the most favorable light. Hadta stay low,to escape a Pea Soup ceiling and the ambient wanes within The Jungle,if only as per always.

[Linked Image]

The wind was favorable and made it easy to Sneak/Peek as per topographical whim(missing standing water) and the first set "only" reeled in (2) Bucks. Sister laced the first(better of the brace),he peeled after losing lungs and his running mate got crushed for lingering in confusion.

[Linked Image]

Hadta cross a newly ordained "river"(due the last coupla days water volumes) and fish hook a Swampy Beaver Pond to place a Tag on the poor bastard with no fhuqking lungs. Wishin' I had enough 550 cord in tow,to toss a Flying Parbuckle upon the wayward bastard. I took one for the team and soaked Marmot Precip britches past the boys,so Sister could keep her She Bitch suit drier than my riggin'.(grin)

Purty funny!

[Linked Image]

As per always,she can opt any/all wares in the larder and the 6X MQ stoked BLR 81 7-08 whistlin' 162 A-Max at 2550fps ala 200yd zero,was her pick of the litter this mornin'. Tomorrow might could be different...though I doubt it.(grin)

Film at 11:00................

starsky,

I've never even seen Blue Tape,Rising Sun Glass,Turrets or Stickers.

These Changing Times...really keep me atta "loss".

As an aside,it's purty gawwdammned fhuqking mean of you,to have an understanding of twist rate,throat geometry,COAL and boolit selection...when dealing with a Ping Pong Ball Launchin' Droolin' Dumbfhuqk,with a key to a gate.

Laughing!........................

'bird,

Pass the Illuminatti aboard a Krunchenticker.

Pin the zoom to arrange erector/reticle commonality and bask in the sweet satisfaction(s) of schit done right.

'Course the 62 Mils of total erector travel,prolly don't suck either.(grin)

Just sayin'.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Teal, Jeffbird, and Stick for your experience with SWFA, plan on adding a couple to my hunting rifles!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They're a good product and a great value. Really like them and will add more.

You're welcome.

Stick,

might have something similar. wink

And congratulations to your daughter. Looks like she has turned into a nice young woman.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Doesn't Norma now mass-produce factory 6 Dasher brass, already formed, headstamped, and ready to go?

Seems it would be a fun way to fly.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
She do appreciate a good suckass... grin

Feel free to post a Columbian bigger.... hint. Top it suga puss... Laffin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dear liar Larry

The epic goat phuque strikes again.... grin

[Linked Image]

Probably fit (3) of those stellar Sitka bucks in that chest cavity... grin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mailmanmark
My apologies: Ranges 400-700yds

Anything from coyote to jihadists

Was wondering if the 6.5 Creed would fit the bill...

When I stalk big game to 400 yards, no point in getting any closer.
But I have never killed anything at 700 yards, yet.

I have been using:
7mmRM
257RAI
6.5-06
300WM
6mmBR
25-06

Next year I will build a 25 Krag Ackley on an 1895 Win and a 243 on Win 70.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'357,

I've not shot much more than 100+ Fixed Fhuqkers and have never seen an "issue". Though a pard did have a Riggin' Fit while Elk Hunting on his last pass and threw his Custom 300 Ultra as far/hard as he could and the 6x MQ's ele turret got bent. In fairness...it'd be tough to slight the scope for that "issue".(grin)

Some folks don't listen about Die Geometry,when it comes to both Sizing and Seating. Beating your bolt into battery,just might be a "sign" of an "issue". I've been raking her over the coals every 10 seconds and I'm thinkin' the point(s) have done been done made.

The Reupold Purge is very nearly complete.

Hint...............

'bird,

The Illuminatti is a right proper Mind Fhuqk and at 72 Mils all in,prolly more than a touch handy.

Seen it.............(grin)

DD,

Norma brass has always been a Bitter Pill and easy to pass upon. I'd MUCH rather form Lapooey and have sumptin'.

I cain't cuss the 6BR................

JudMam,

Hell...that Rat don't look like it took you much more than a "few" days to find,after the shot. Mebbe elaborate on the platform,it's optics and boolits,that grant you "results" of that HILARIOUS "magnitude". Congratulations?!?

Did it get hung up on the barbed wire,as you were dragging it back through the fence? Spare NO "details"...you "lucky" kchunt. Have you ever managed to get a pic of one,on the same day "you" "killed" it?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Clark',

Have contemplated a Custom Rifle myself.

Once................(grin)

'k,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I LOVE Factory Fodder and Ping Pong Balls!..............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tits.
A guy stupid enough to throw his rifle in adolescence hisses would no doubt be in your friend column.

Jud nice buck. The lying mascot ain't never killed any thing even close. But in his defense it's gotta be hard hunting mule deer from a boat.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Liar Larry, feel free to "top" the rat.. either headgear or groceries... Laffin
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Copious amounts of tape, jap glass, and big dumb turrets were used in the killing of said buck!!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fredrica, when liar Larry speaks, ya better listen!!! Grin

Liar Larry, please remove 1 each of the 6 mm and 243 ai. Having doubles makes you look dumber than you are, and that's saying sumthin....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 224th, 53 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,542
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.