Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My Kahr CW45 was stolen from my vehicle in May, 2014. I'm pretty sure I know who took it but can't prove it.

So I filed a police report in the town where it was taken and also told my police officer friend, Todd, about it. December 20, same year, I get a call from Todd at about 8:30 one morning telling me that he had just recovered my gun! He and his partner had been called to a local motel to check out a disturbance that turned out to be two guys and a woman having a disagreement over some drug deal. The woman and one druggie were attempting to get away from the other one so he shot the guy from behind, hitting him in the left thigh. Todd got there right after this bit of excitement had taken place and spotted what he took to be a gun in the perp's pocket. Told him to put the gun down but idiot says he has no gun so Todd pounced him and got the gun.

The dude that got the shot never knew he had been hit until he felt some blood on his leg so Todd is taking him to the hospital and decided to run the serial of the gun. BINGO! My gun! So he quickly called me to give me the good news.

Doctor examines the guys leg, cleaned the in and out holes, put a band aid on them tells Todd that that was the cleanest gunshot wound he had ever seen. No harm done.

So Thursday I get a notice from the PD to come out and get my gun. No hassle at all so now my Kahr is happily keeping me company again, thanks to Todd and the local PD.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Glad it worked out.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good deal.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good deal, gdad it worked out for you. Those Kahr .45's are nice pistols. wink

I had one come back to me - a S&W M63 stolen in a burglary - but it was just the opposite of your experience. I was threatened and cussed at by the arresting detective for trying to follow its progress as evidence in a trial and had to get a court order signed by a judge to get the Miami Police to give my stolen gun back to me. Then when I finally went to pick it up some two years after it had been recovered I was forcefully and profanely "reminded" by the property room sergeant of all manner of nasty things the police could and happily would do to me if I so much as sneezed wrong while transporting it back to my car.

The kicker was that it had been used at some point to pistol whip someone and the barrel was bent up at an angle, so even with the rear sight at the lowest setting it still shot way too high.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
My Kahr CW45 was stolen from my vehicle in May, 2014. I'm pretty sure I know who took it but can't prove it.

So I filed a police report in the town where it was taken and also told my police officer friend, Todd, about it. December 20, same year, I get a call from Todd at about 8:30 one morning telling me that he had just recovered my gun! He and his partner had been called to a local motel to check out a disturbance that turned out to be two guys and a woman having a disagreement over some drug deal. The woman and one druggie were attempting to get away from the other one so he shot the guy from behind, hitting him in the left thigh. Todd got there right after this bit of excitement had taken place and spotted what he took to be a gun in the perp's pocket. Told him to put the gun down but idiot says he has no gun so Todd pounced him and got the gun.

The dude that got the shot never knew he had been hit until he felt some blood on his leg so Todd is taking him to the hospital and decided to run the serial of the gun. BINGO! My gun! So he quickly called me to give me the good news.

Doctor examines the guys leg, cleaned the in and out holes, put a band aid on them tells Todd that that was the cleanest gunshot wound he had ever seen. No harm done.

So Thursday I get a notice from the PD to come out and get my gun. No hassle at all so now my Kahr is happily keeping me company again, thanks to Todd and the local PD.

at least it stayed in town, might have been hard to get back if they got on the freeway and lost/sold it 1000 miles away.

not like the old days, I don't keep much of value in my vehicle anymore.

a) cause I want to keep it and b) I don't want a dirt bag to have it.

It's a shame, but that's the way it is anymore.

Congrats on getting your property back.

Be interesting to find out all the places it's been since away from you.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Glad you got it back. This rarely happens.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
One in a million!

NRA Patron
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Maybe someday my SR9C Ruger will come home...........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was it the same guy you thought stole it?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Great result!

And you know it has taken down one dirtbag grin

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love a happy ending!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is awesome Bigbuck!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you got it back! That very rarely happens nowadays.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockdoc
Great result!

Well, more like it mildly annoyed one dirtbag... smile

Try to find out what ammo he used in your pistol -- and use something else! smile

John

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow that's crazy excellent news!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 22250rem
I love a happy ending!

+1

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a SP101 taken a couple weeks ago...hope to get the same outcome someday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bigbuck215,

Very glad for you, man.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Was it the same guy you thought stole it?

No, it wasn't. I live in Billings, MT, and it was stolen in Cody, WY. I have no idea of how it got back here. Never will, I'm sure as the guy that had it wouldn't say a thing about how he ended up with it.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by rockdoc
Great result!

Well, more like it mildly annoyed one dirtbag... smile

Try to find out what ammo he used in your pistol -- and use something else! smile

John

For sure! There was three rounds of Federal FMJ with it when I got it back so that must have been what he used. When it was taken, the mag was full of Hydra-Shoks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 726 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.