-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.284 154 grain Interlock, the only one I ever caught in a deer. This one traveled the full length of a Mule deer.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
No.

That's succinct to the question. wink grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by colorado bob
jorgeI---I use the KISS method. Bob

One of the most genuine, to the point posts and with examples to back it up I've seen, plus the fact it was an 06' and a Leupold scope just makes it all the more credible to me.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey
I used to...should rephrase that...still do, but am amazed at the nonsense Hornady dreams up with zombies, plastic tips, rocket science, and dropping many of their interlock line, including most round noses, even though it is a part of their logo.

.... Today's upcoming "sportsman" is a different breed who has to climb mountains during raging snowstorms, shoot a black something or other rifles at super long range, and has tattoos of skulls with flames coming off them. I just don't fit in.

This is hilarious!

Ever notice those guys never smile? They don't look like they are having fun at all.

They look more like they are engaging ISIS or guarding some Mid East embassy. eek

That's because in their mind they are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
My load is 56 grains of IMR 4350, Win LRP primers and 3070 Hornady Spire 180 grain bullet for my 30/06. I've used this for shiras moose, elk, mtn goat, bighorn sheep, antelope, black bear and deer. IMO-- the right bullet for the lower 48. Hornady 3070 spire point is an interlock flat base bullet. This has been my load for 25+ years, no reason to change. I'm 2" high @ 100 yards----never had changed the Leupold.

Love this post...

30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry.....

I'm sure it's a custom rifle with a custom stock and custom mounts and a custom Leupold with a custom dial with a custom trigger built by a top gunsmith that costs as much as new truck.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Azar
They didn't get the nickname "The poor mans Partition" for no reason. smile

That being said, I still like Barnes TTSX for heavier duty applications...

Two factory loads, both shot into compressed paper (a la Mule Deer's test medium). The one on the left is a 140 grain Interlock, fired from 50 yards out of a 7x57, while the other is a 158 grain Prvi Grom fired at the same distance and from the same rifle. The Grom acts much like a TSX. The Interlock, on the other hand, didn't stand a chance against the paper, although I've never had any complaints about its performance on game.

[Linked Image]

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Azar
The Interlock line takes a back seat when demand skyrockets and Hornady has been discontinuing various Interlocks in some calibers.

....... which is the very reason I will discontinue them from my inventory and start to buy Sierras.

Originally Posted by littlecmonkey
I used to...should rephrase that...still do, but am amazed at the nonsense Hornady dreams up with zombies, plastic tips, rocket science, and dropping many of their interlock line, including most round noses, even though it is a part of their logo.

I like Sierra bullets now, at least they're LEAD, and don't disappear from the production line like a fart in the wind.

That being said, I find no flaw with interlocks, it's where they should focus all their attention instead of the nonsense. Today's upcoming "sportsman" is a different breed who has to climb mountains during raging snowstorms, shoot a black something or other rifles at super long range, and has tattoos of skulls with flames coming off them. I just don't fit in.

^^ This! ^^

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yep. Those of us who use an '06 don't need to worry!

Only a fool would sell an accurate .30-06
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by jorgeI
My load is 56 grains of IMR 4350, Win LRP primers and 3070 Hornady Spire 180 grain bullet for my 30/06. I've used this for shiras moose, elk, mtn goat, bighorn sheep, antelope, black bear and deer. IMO-- the right bullet for the lower 48. Hornady 3070 spire point is an interlock flat base bullet. This has been my load for 25+ years, no reason to change. I'm 2" high @ 100 yards----never had changed the Leupold.

Love this post...

I'm sure it's a custom rifle with a custom stock and custom mounts and a custom Leupold with a custom dial with a custom trigger built by a top gunsmith that costs as much as new truck.

That about sums it the fu ck up right there. Couldn't have said it any better myself... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,663
Posts18,455,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.