Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
How do you like it compared to that new Kimber(not the Solo)? I looked at them both today and liked the Colt a little better just based on feel.

Can a trigger job be done on either of these guns to give them more of a 1911 trigger? The examples I looked at had pretty stiff triggers.

Any knowledge of internal safeties? Does the safety block the firing pin,lock the sear,or just deactivate the trigger?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've owned both, and my only complaint was that both were a little too heavy as compared to my old RUGER LCP 380.
And I've heard that it's not a good idea to do a trigger job on the little Colt or Kimber .380's. But that just hearsay and not based on any fact.

I've finally settled on the Glock .42 in .380 for me as its trigger is fixable and the size just lends itself to better shoot ability for me. Not to mention uber reliability and cheaper than all the other.380's except for the Ruger LCP.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/22/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The Kimber has better sights. Other than that, nothing to offer over the Colt. Kimber uses MIM parts.

The new Colt Pocketlite (aluminum frame) has been redesigned by Colt for the utmost reliability.

I have the Colt. It shoots very well.

These are pocket pistols. Don't want a hair trigger on that type of use. Leave the trigger alone.

The Colt will hold it's value.

Side note:

I have done the research on factory ammunition. Comparing specifications, chronograph, accuracy of various factory offers. The new Federal 99gr. HST JHP (P380HST1S)is great for these short barreled pocket pistols. They are hot little loads.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I've owned both, and my only complaint was that both were a little too heavy as compared to my old RUGER LCP 380.
And I've heard that it's not a good idea to do a trigger job on the little Colt or Kimber .380's. But that just hearsay and not based on any fact.

I've finally settled on the Glock .42 in .380 for me as its trigger is fixable and the size just lends itself to better shoot ability for me. Not to mention uber reliability and cheaper than all the other.380's except for the Ruger LCP.
+1. I have the Sig version of the Mustang, the LCP, and the Glock 42. The Sig "Mustang" is a very nice little .380, but is blown out of the water, in terms of practicality, by both the Glock and the Ruger. The Ruger gets the nod for maximum pants pocket carry potential, while the Glock gets the nod for shootability. The Sig is quite shootable, too, but has other defects (in my way of thinking) when it comes to practicality, that put it out of the class of the Ruger and the Glock in this regard, and what applies to the Sig applies also to the Colt Mustang, as they are essentially identical.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my problem with it is that there is no grip safety. to carry it in condition one in your pocket you are counting on the thumb safety only, which would be easy to knock off. i like grip safeties on semi's.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
That's the problem with pocket auto's. The safeties and condition carry.

Grip safeties have not proven a sure bet for pocket pistols. It is the type of reach that deploys under certain conditions. Very touchy. Reaching down for the pistol does not make a grip safety that safe.

Pocket pistols have their goods and their bad's. Having both maybe.

Grip safety on such a small gun does not work for my hands I know.

Colt and Sig knows. They know guns.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't think you will accidentally disengage the safety on the Colt. I liked that about it better than the Kimber. Still I doubt I'll get one. I've never warmed to a cocked and locked pocket pistol. I have the 43 for concealed carry,which is why I don't have a 42. I feel the 42 is too big for the pocket and I'm going to carry the 43 anywhere else.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
True that. The Colt has a definite positive thumb safety by design.

I am not a fan of pocket pistols anyway. But they are better than being naked when nothing else will work.

A cocked and locked pistol in my pocket would give me the heebie-jeebies. If you know what I mean.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem141r
my problem with it is that there is no grip safety. to carry it in condition one in your pocket you are counting on the thumb safety only, which would be easy to knock off.
i like grip safeties on semi's.

Had one of first Colt 380 .... the Model M and it had a grip safety. Great handgun.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 222Sako, 54 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.