Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Link..![/color][/b]

By Devlin Barrett

[b]
The political organization of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, an influential Democrat with longstanding ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, gave nearly $500,000 to the election campaign of the wife of an official at the Federal Bureau of Investigation who later helped oversee the investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s email use.

[color:#FF0000]Campaign finance records show Mr. McAuliffe’s political-action committee donated $467,500 to the 2015 state Senate campaign of Dr. Jill McCabe, who is married to Andrew McCabe, now the deputy director of the FBI.

The Virginia Democratic Party, over which Mr. McAuliffe exerts considerable control, donated an additional $207,788 worth of support to Dr. McCabe’s campaign in the form of mailers, according to the records. That adds up to slightly more than $675,000 to her candidacy from entities either directly under Mr. McAuliffe’s control or strongly influenced by him. The figure represents more than a third of all the campaign funds Dr. McCabe raised in the effort.

Mr. McAuliffe and other state party leaders recruited Dr. McCabe to run, according to party officials. She lost the election to incumbent Republican Dick Black.

A spokesman for the governor said he “supported Jill McCabe because he believed she would be a good state senator. This is a customary practice for Virginia governors… Any insinuation that his support was tied to anything other than his desire to elect candidates who would help pass his agenda is ridiculous.”

Among political candidates that year, Dr. McCabe was the third-largest recipient of funds from Common Good VA, the governor’s PAC, according to campaign finance records. Dan Gecker received $781,500 from the PAC and $214,456 from the state party for a campaign that raised $2.9 million, according to records; and Jeremy McPike received $803,500 from the PAC and $535,162 from the state party, raising more $3.8 million that year for his candidacy.

The governor could recall only one meeting with Mr. McCabe—when he and other state Democrats met with the couple on March 7, 2015, to urge Dr. McCabe to run, according to the spokesman.

The FBI said in a statement that during his wife’s campaign Mr. McCabe “played no role, attended no events, and did not participate in fundraising or support of any kind. Months after the completion of her campaign, then-Associate Deputy Director McCabe was promoted to Deputy, where, in that position, he assumed for the first time, an oversight role in the investigation into Secretary Clinton’s emails.”

FBI officials said that after that meeting with the governor in Richmond on March 7, Mr. McCabe sought ethics advice from the bureau and followed it, avoiding involvement with public corruption cases in Virginia, and avoiding any campaign activity or events.

Mr. McCabe’s supervision of the Clinton email case in 2016 wasn’t seen as a conflict or an ethics issue because his wife’s campaign was over by then and Mr. McAuliffe wasn’t part of the email probe, officials said.

“Once I decided to run,” Dr. McCabe said, “my husband had no formal role in my campaign other than to be a supportive husband to me and our children. As a federal official…everyone who participated in our campaign understood and respected that he could not participate.”

Mr. McCabe is a longtime FBI official who focused much of his career on terrorism. His wife is a hospital physician who campaigned in northern Virginia, where the couple live with their children.

The 2015 Virginia State senate race was Dr. McCabe’s first run for office and her campaign spent $1.8 million. The race was part of Mr. McAuliffe’s failed effort to win a Democratic majority in the Virginia legislature, which would have given him significantly more sway in Richmond, the state capital.

Mr. McAuliffe has been a central figure in the Clintons’ political careers for decades. In the 1990s, he was Bill Clinton’s chief fundraiser and he remains one of the couple’s closest allies and public boosters. Mrs. Clinton appeared with him in northern Virginia in 2015 as he sought to increase the number of Democrats in the state legislature.

Dr. McCabe announced her candidacy in March 2015, the same month it was revealed that Mrs. Clinton had used a private server as secretary of state to send and receive government emails, a disclosure that prompted the FBI investigation.

At the time the investigation was launched in July 2015, Mr. McCabe was running the FBI’s Washington, D.C., field office, which provided personnel and resources to the Clinton email probe.

That investigation examined whether Mrs. Clinton’s use of private email may have compromised national security by transmitting classified information in an insecure system. A review of Mrs. Clinton’s emails concluded that 110 messages contained classified information. Mrs. Clinton has said she made a mistake but that she never sent or received messages that were marked classified.

At the end of July 2015, Mr. McCabe was promoted to FBI headquarters and assumed the No. 3 position at the agency. In February 2016, he became FBI Director James Comey’s second-in-command.

As deputy director, Mr. McCabe was part of the executive leadership team overseeing the Clinton email investigation, though FBI officials say any final decisions on that probe were made by Mr. Comey, who served as a high-ranking Justice Department official in the administration of George W. Bush.

Mr. McAuliffe has been under investigation for months by the FBI’s Washington field office, a probe that includes an examination of donations made on behalf of a Chinese businessman, according to people familiar with the matter. His lawyers have denied any wrongdoing and said the investigation is seeking to determine if Mr. McAuliffe may have violated a law requiring people to register as agents of a foreign entity.

It was unclear the extent to which Mr. McCabe may have recused himself from discussions involving Mr. McAuliffe. When Mr. McCabe’s wife began her campaign, he shied away from involvement in Virginia public corruption cases, according to officials.

Once the campaign was over, officials said, Mr. McCabe and FBI officials felt the potential conflict-of-interest issues ended.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Gov't corruption is akin to stage-4 cancer...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Surprised she didn't keep her maiden name. Usually they do that to obfuscate the situation.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you look at the whole elites, political class and media they are all either married to each other or related. They all keep each other hooked up with jobs as needed.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
If you look at the whole elites, political class and media they are all either married to each other or related. They all keep each other hooked up with jobs as needed.

that does seem to be a common thread. Keeping it all in the family makes it easier I guess.

Sam......

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Inbreeding never comes out well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is on Fox right now and I'm betting nobody else will carry it. If this isn't a smoking gun, I don't know what is.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
This is on Fox right now and I'm betting nobody else will carry it. If this isn't a smoking gun, I don't know what is.
She's a prophetess: "What difference, at this point, does it make?", now carries the day. No one cares what she does.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Oops. They bribe so many I get them mixed up.

Last edited by urbaneruralite; 10/23/16.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Move along folks; nothing to see here.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Maybe this???

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...ssed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Honestly....how many fuggin "smoking guns" do we need???

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Oligarchy (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία (oligarkhía); from ὀλίγος (olígos), meaning "few", and ἄρχω (arkho), meaning "to rule or to command")[1][2][3] is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small number of people. These people might be distinguished by nobility, wealth, family ties, education or corporate, religious or military control. Such states are often controlled by a few prominent families who typically pass their influence from one generation to the next, but inheritance is not a necessary condition for the application of this term.

Throughout history, oligarchies have often been tyrannical, relying on public obedience or oppression to exist. Aristotle pioneered the use of the term as a synonym for rule by the rich,[4] for which another term commonly used today is plutocracy.

Especially during the fourth century BC, after the restoration of democracy from oligarchical coups, the Athenians used the drawing of lots for selecting government officers in order to counteract what the Athenians saw as a tendency toward oligarchy in government if a professional governing class were allowed to use their skills for their own benefit.[5][page needed] They drew lots from large groups of adult volunteers that pick selection technique for civil servants performing judicial, executive, and administrative functions (archai, boulē, and hēliastai).[6] They even used lots for posts, such as judges and jurors in the political courts (nomothetai), which had the power to overrule the Assembly.[7]

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Keep making excuses guys! Remember the Yettis as well

You have a flawed candidate and this is going to be painful and you know it!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Maybe this???

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...ssed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Honestly....how many fuggin "smoking guns" do we need???

yeah but Putin is good friends with Trump per MSM LMAO

Further proof that the chromosome damaged filth that passes for CLinton supporters should be labeled and deported.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

So, do you deny this happened, or do you simply not care. The Yeti is myth. This is real. You do not seem to be able to see the difference. You wanted a civil discussion without calling names, or taunting. Have at it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

OK...I'll bite...what exactly is it you think Hillary is going to try and accomplish if she wins...give us your wish list...Open borders and amnesty? More unvetted Syrian muzzys? Better/More "effective" gun control??? Maybe she can sell off more Uranium to the Ruskies??? Higher taxes? Maybe supply bigger and better weapon systems to the "Syrian Rebels" trying to overthrow Assad? All of the above???...exactly what is it you think she's offering that's gonna be of benefit to America?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the country elects this woman, it's basically saying that they are willing to accept the most corrupt human being to ever hold high office in this country. It will set a whole new low standard in acceptable behavior. America will officially be a banana republic.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by benchman

So, do you deny this happened, or do you simply not care. The Yeti is myth. This is real. You do not seem to be able to see the difference. You wanted a civil discussion without calling names, or taunting. Have at it.

That moron once said here "he did not care about Benghazi". He has no principles nor morals, just another piece of excrement like all democrats.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have yet to see a Clinton supporter yet campaign on her record.

It's all been against Trump. Not for Clinton...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
I have yet to see a Clinton supporter yet campaign on her record.

It's all been against Trump. Not for Clinton...

Unfortunately, for the liberals, the thought of Trump in office is more than enough to get them to support someone they know is a corrupt, serial liar. They literally think that there's only one person worse than Hillary, and that's our candidate. It's a very sad state of affairs. With that said, I just hope their hate for Trump is less passionate than our hate for Hillary. Because at this point, that's what's going to decide this election.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.