Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Guns in your house? Be sure to read!

(got this from a friend of mine)

When I had my gangrene gallbladder taken out and spent 10 days in the hospital for what should have been an overnight stay, the insurance company kicked me out. I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did I would not tell them. So the below has some merit.

FYI, I am passing this along. There are comments from two other people I have also been asked if we keep guns in the house. The nurse just kind of slipped it in along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask. Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't.

My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, answered yes to both questions Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to my bed. I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack.

The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else.

I also had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house? My answer was None of your damn business!

So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention. Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (as they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!

From another Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: "I had a doctor's appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions: 1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?"

The nurse then informed me that if I had answered yes to any of the questions I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun owners like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians. What argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner, veteran or not, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !

Pass this on to other veterans, retirees, and gun owners. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom you say it. They are coming for us, so unless you're an ostrich, do not stick your head in the sand!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
BP-B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The AMA has been at thr forefront of the gungrabbers efforts for decades. They are a major force driving these questionaires at your Dr's office.

I have been answering "none of your damned business" to firearms questions for years, even though I am sure that is interpreted as a positive response.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't answer 90% of anything on a questionnaire etc.

They need my name and insurance, the rest doesn't matter.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you feel have to answer just say "no."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Big Brother's gun grab is in full effect. And, these docs think they are doing the public a favor by trying to take guns away from good civilians.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The AMA has been at thr forefront of the gungrabbers efforts for decades. They are a major force driving these questionaires at your Dr's office.

I have been answering "none of your damned business" to firearms questions for years, even though I am sure that is interpreted as a positive response.
I'm betting that 'none of your business' is translated to 'yes' before it's passed on up the ladder. A gun hater will emphatically answer 'no' every time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don't have your Glock tee shirt or Browning ball cap on when they hand you the questionnaire.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From another Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: "I had a doctor's appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions: 1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?"

Went to the VA for the first time a few months ago. Had the very same questions asked of me. Answered "No" to each. I then proceeded to ask the nurse (Male) by what specific authority, regulation or law, he was directed to ask those questions. He stammered and had no reply. I proceeded to let him know that I had come for a medical exam, not a MENTAL exam, and that I expected that within 48hr after this appointment that I expected a response from the VA citing the authority, regulation or law that directed the questions. To date I haven't heard back.

On my last VA visit, I had the same male nurse. He didn't ask me any questions other than the purpose of my visit.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't answer 90% of anything on a questionnaire etc.

They need my name and insurance, the rest doesn't matter.

Then you must not have have any real medical problems. Good for you. My pain management doc has a detailed questionnaire I am required to fill out. Takes about 3 minutes. When I had a cardiology work up the questionnaire had lots of questions about activity, effort, can I run? How far, how fast? etc, etc.
I have however, never been axed about guns in the house.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like to answer question with questions

Q: do you have guns in the house
A: should I

Q: that's not an answer, answer the question please
A: when's the last time someone fisted you up to their elbow ?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By the time this election is over, deceit will be the order of the day anyway, so what you say to the government should be of no concern to them one way or another.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Nun ya.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Liberals are always looking for a way around the 2nd amendment and this is just another example. The idea is to classify gun deaths and injuries as a health issue and then let the federal health bureaucracy punish gun owners with restrictions on health care. However, gun owners have to make the point that criminals can be deterred simply by the likely presence of a gun. There is no such thing as deterrence of diseases, and thus, gun ownership is not a healthcare issue.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Well said.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As Mr. Gresham says, "It isn't a sin to tell a lie to someone that isn't entitled to the truth".

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Guns in your house? Be sure to read!

(got this from a friend of mine)

When I had my gangrene gallbladder taken out and spent 10 days in the hospital for what should have been an overnight stay, the insurance company kicked me out. I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did I would not tell them. So the below has some merit.

FYI, I am passing this along. There are comments from two other people I have also been asked if we keep guns in the house. The nurse just kind of slipped it in along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask. Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't.

My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, answered yes to both questions Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to my bed. I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack.

The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else.
Oh, yeah.. Doctors here are required to ask also.. One doc I've known for about 40 years told me he had to ask 'em but - since he knows me and what I do - he just quickly ran through 'em and I merely kept quiet.. Then he went on to fix whatever I was in for (this was 3-4 years ago).

I also had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house? My answer was None of your damn business!
Too polite.. My response was a bit more to the point, IYGMD..

So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention.
Gov't..
Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (as they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!

"Not yet".. laugh

The nurse then informed me that if I had answered yes to any of the questions I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun owners like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians. What argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner, veteran or not, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !

Pass this on to other veterans, retirees, and gun owners. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom you say it. They are coming for us, so unless you're an ostrich, do not stick your head in the sand!
Best thing is to say NOTHING.. Or, "not your business", etc..

I wonder if a person goes to some counselor or psychologist for some issue that the visit will be reported to Big Brother and generate a gov't request for the state to require that person to relinquish his/her CCW permit? Gotta be coming, one way or the other..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the gun questions start, ask the health care provider if he or she performs abortions. If they refuse to answer or ask why, explain that it is important to know who the actual killers in our society are so that you can avoid them. If they start to argue about the constitutional right to kill unborn babies, just laugh in their face.

I'm better when I move.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A doctor - general practitioner - I had been going to sent a brief health summary to an insurance company I had applied to for a new life policy. They decided to up the quoted rate quite a bit after reading his report. My agent would not tell me what he reported, other than she thought he told them he was "treating me for chronic pain issues". This was nonsense, because he will not prescribe pain medication stronger than Tramadol (which an operating room nurse told me recently was "like baby aspirin"), and I had never had chronic pain issues. I got a copy of another report he sent to a hospital he wanted me to have minor surgery at. On the list of questions they might be expected to ask about general health, including if the patient now or has ever taken illegal drugs, been treated for mental health issues, suffered from chronic depression, considered suicide, and several similar questions, this doctor answered nine times, "Patient denies this"! To me, he is calling me a liar, and strongly hinting the answers should be "yes". I barely resisted a charge of physically abusing a physician, immediately found a different doctor to take my business to, and have spread this story to the medical and general community in our area. I am still considering some sort of ethics complaint about him. No questions about guns were asked, but should I see them in the future, my answer will be "Patient denies this!"

I do worry that this doctor once prescribed a medication for digestive problems I was having that was actually an anti-depressant. When I questioned his office about this, I was told "it is also used fro digestive problems". I did not take it, or renew the prescription, but it is still on my medical records.

Mike

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You really want to see what we are up against.....go to Michigan Sportsman forum and read the comments by so called outdoor enthusiasts/hunters. So many are willing to give away the 2nd amendment just to get the free cheese, protected union pensions and paychecks its sickening. Best I can do is not financially support these type of sites anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
During a six month checkup at my assigned V A Clinic, the young female temporary Dr. made several attempts to get me to "admit" to a "general feeling of disorientation" or "lapses in short term memory".

It's not hard to figure where the conversation would have gone from there. Chances are that she documented her concern in my medical record.

They now have a permanent Dr. assigned and I'm wondering if I'll get the same scrutiny my next visit.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
580 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 12308300, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,736
Posts18,401,088
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.