Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Two officers shot near Wellston; manhunt underway

by Robby Trammell, Graham Lee Brewer, & Ben Felder
Published: October 23, 2016 8:27 PM CDT

[Linked Image]
Michael Vance

WELLSTON, OK — Two officers were shot Sunday evening, and one suspect is in custody as a manhunt continues for a second suspect, authorities said.

The Highway Patrol and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation are assisting the Lincoln County sheriff's office and Wellston police.

Law enforcement officials said the two officers, Shawn Stewart and Jim Hampton with the Wellston police department, were shot, one officer possibly shot twice in the legs. One suspect was apprehended shortly after the shooting.

"At approximately 6:30 this evening, two Wellston police officers were shot while responding to a shots fired call in the Wellston area," the sheriff's office posted on their Facebook page.

When they arrived, one suspect, Michael Vance, 38, came out of the home with an AK-47 “and just started firing at everybody,” Sheriff Charlie Dougherty told reporters near the scene of the shooting.

Vance jumped a patrol car of one of the officers he had shot, drove the car about half a mile across a field to a nearby trailer park, where he car jacked another vehicle from a woman. Vance shot at the woman, but she refused medical treatment at the scene. Vance fled the scene in her white Lincoln town car with a blue top.

Police say officers Stewart and Hampton both sustained gun shot wounds. One of the officers was taken to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City and another was taken to Integris Hospital in Edmond, both with injuries that were not life-threatening.

Vance is still at large, and authorities believe he is still in possession of the AK-47.

Dozens of law enforcement vehicles gathered around State Highway 66 and S 3310 Road, about three miles west of town, where authorities had the highway blocked off Sunday evening.

“There is shooting over there all the time, 24/7,” said a neighbor, who asked not to be identified, of the residence where the shooting occurred.

Vance was charged in July in Lincoln County with child sexual abuse, after a former conviction of felonies.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well lets hope he is found and felt so much remorse he committed suicide with his AK.... shooting himself in the back of the head with a full clip....

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Dam.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way for the officers.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Prayer's sent for the officers..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He killed [b][color:#3333FF]2 more people at his[/color][/b] uncle's house later last night.

He's also streaming Facebook videos.

Carjacked and shot a person at I-40 near Sayre, OK, last seen heading west down I-40 towards Texas.

This is going to end badly when he's cornered.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup, any officer looking for him should be ready to get into a gun fight, 'cause there's going to be one.
The Facebook videos are really his way of saying goodbye to whoever he addresses in them.

He knows he is going to die before this is over and he is willing to kill anyone.

My prayers go out for the people he has shot and those who cross his path.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On top of everything else, just released, perp has HIV/AIDS and is looking to spread it.

Hopefully, somebody will cure all his ills..

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So this sick SOB wants to die; but he apparently can't bring himself to do it. So now it appears as though he's going for suicide by cop. He didn't need to shoot up anybody else. All he needed to do was fire a few rounds over the cops heads and then stand there and get himself shot. Sick SOB!

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Was recently jailed for some sort of sexual misconduct with a child. Hopefully he gets shutdown without hurting any other innocent folks.

BTW, had to be "PoPo" huh? Officers, police, cops, LE, ect. somehow didn't come to mind when composing the title? Chit...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MOGC
Was recently jailed for some sexual misconduct with a child.

....and some idiot "justice" let him go free mad

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW, had to be "PoPo" huh? Officers, police, cops, LE, ect. somehow didn't come to mind when composing the title? Chit...

poor baby... got his feelers hurt.

Do I get a free whine next time you call a citizen a "perp" if I commiserate with you on this "popo" deal?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
laughing. If we were half as mean spirited and nasty to liberals as we are to our own.............

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I was shot with an AK I would be very pissed off.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570

poor baby... got his feelers hurt.

Do I get a free whine next time you call a citizen a "perp" if I commiserate with you on this "popo" deal?

Nope. However, I do think that guys that get shot trying to do their job might just maybe deserve just a bit more respect. Obviously something you have no concept of.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You earn respect..... it's not issued with the badge and uniform.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You earn respect..... it's not issued with the badge and uniform.

I agree with that, so why the nasty reply to me? You don't know me. Yet that's how you choose to reply? I doubt you know the two officers that were shot either so you probably have no reason to disrespect them. You get zero respect points when you come off like that. Practice what you preach and all that stuff. Regardless, I won't engage in a tough guy internet exchange with you. Sincerely... have a good evening.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Here's hoping that the cops shoot faster and straighter than the chitbag and no other people get hurt. Speedy recovery to those that have.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Being a bred and born Oklahoman, I support all of our LE officials in the state and meant no disrespect with the PoPo reference.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Any updates on this guy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 65 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.