Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just saw on the news where the polls only have Trump up by 3 points in Texas. Now, I'm not in Texas, and certainly don't know the political atmosphere down there. But, here's my thoughts.....polls are wrong, good possibility.....election is rigged, could be.....illegals are voting for Hillary, very good chance......Texans are becoming more liberal, I wouldn't want to believe that. Personally, I believe the polls are wrong, and that they are being skewed in order to make people believe that Trump has no chance of winning, in order to help Hillary. I do believe that Trump has very little chance to win, but I also do not believe that Hillary Clinton is as popular as we are being led to believe. Your thoughts on Texas?

BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My thoughts about ALL the polls, is that they are skewed toward Clinton. The media is wagging the dog big time. Why is it you feel Trump cannot win? That is precisely the feeling that the media is trying to create.

Last edited by benchman; 10/23/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clinton will win in Texas along about the time we replace the Horned Toad with a Garter Snake for our State Reptile.

Or..... when Trump wins California....take your pick.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No Texans are not becoming more liberal. Unrestrained immigration both legal and illegal is changing Texas and our nation. Stating in the 80's with amnesty, these folks and their many children are now voting. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just saw on the news where the polls only have Trump up by 3 points in Texas.

Incorrect.

The media is reporting Trump is ahead by 3 points.

The truth may or may not be reflected accurately.

the tone at this place sure has changed over the last week.

Nut up or Clinton.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The problem isn't that Texas is becoming more Liberal. It is that like most of America, only around 30% of Texans actually vote. The liberals vote at a higher percentage than conservatives, and Latino voters actually vote. They typically vote more liberal. So the solution is simple, in order for conservatives to win this election we have to get the vote out. So far, across the country the early voting is high. In TN they say it is at a record level. FL too with mail in voting. Hopefully, that means that finally conservatives are getting out of their houses and voting.

As far as the polls go...I don't see how Hillary is 6% ahead of Trump across the nation. Too many people just don't like or trust her.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's funny is folks poo poo yard signs as anecdotal evidence, but somehow polls are something to be worried about?

[bleep] Vote! Do it now if you are able.

And tell all your friends and family.

JFC...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trump's up by 5% in Texas, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Besides, he's gonna win New York, remember?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Lotsa Californians in Texas now...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Trump's up by 5% in Texas, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Besides, he's gonna win New York, remember?

Heck, I've been told that California and Virginia were in play.

15 days to go.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These polls are all over the place. Rassmusen has Trump +3 and ABC has Clinton +12. Sheesh.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by benchman
Why is it you feel Trump cannot win?

At one time I thought Trump, or whoever the GOP nominee was, would win easily. But Trump has not run a very smart campaign, and he has really had only one message.....Hillary is a crook and a liar.....something we all know. Look, Trump was never going to get votes from Hillary's base, or from the Blacks and Latinos. He needed to get votes from the people who didn't particularly care from him, those voters I call the country club Republicans, and the Independents. He has always pretty much had those of us who support the Second Amendment, who don't want to see a liberal SCOTUS, and couldn't fathom the thought of Hillary winning. Trump has been a smartass, a loudmouth, a "I don't give a damn" individual, and rather arrogant.....things that just don't go over well with a lot of people. I still believe the election will be closer than the "experts" are saying, but I do believe that Trump is going to have a very hard time winning.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
But Trump has not run a very smart campaign, and he has really had only one message.....Hillary is a crook and a liar.....something we all know.

Actually, he has a lot more to his message and platform, but the same poll media won't report it.

And I am no Trump fan, its just that hillary is a crook and a liar....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No way he is only going to carry Texas with a 3% margin. Voter registration in Brazoria County set a record, and the TV news is reminding people going to vote to take their voter registration card and picture ID!

Mike

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Be sure to encourage democrats to get to the polls on Nov. 9th.

This is a critical election!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
To even think a Dem could win in Texas is.......

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you wanted to construct a GOP presidential candidate who would doom the Texas GOP long term you couldn't create one better than Trump. He acts like he is still running in the primary. Very little outreach to independents. Conservative democrats, who he seems to be targeting don't exist anymore in Texas. Not to mention majority of youth in Texas aren't Caucasian.

The majority of Texans live in big city metro areas now. Lots of minorities and immigrants. State GOP has done good job of pushing and recruiting minority candidates last decade plus. All that goodwill has been destroyed by Trump's mouth. Dems just run ads that show video and audio of Trump speaking. Since these ads started running the race has tightened up.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
If you wanted to construct a GOP presidential candidate who would doom the Texas GOP long term you couldn't create one better than Trump. He acts like he is still running in the primary. Very little outreach to independents. Conservative democrats, who he seems to be targeting don't exist anymore in Texas. Not to mention majority of youth in Texas aren't Caucasian

You have just touched upon the real problem for the entire GOP....

Too many in the Trump Base see a huge rally as proof that Trump has a massive amount of support but what they fail to recognize is those folks are solid Trump supporters and there are no new ones out there. Trump Rallies are like High School Pep Rallies...The stands are filled with the faithful but no one else is going to show up.

Choose to see what you want but the facts are Trump will be very lucky to rack up 160 electoral votes thus a land slide to one of the weakest DEMs in history...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I do not agree with the anti-Trump sentiments, as far as Texas goes. Small sample, of course, but the lady who runs the likker store I trade at asked me the other day if I was voting for Hillary. Said she was asking all customers, so far only one women said she was for Hillary, no men. The one woman was evidently a hard core liberal, got very upset at the possibility not everyone likes Hillary. Only person I know who might vote for her (MIGHT, because I won't ask him) is a hard-core idiot union member I know.

Mike

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
These polls are all over the place. Rassmusen has Trump +3 and ABC has Clinton +12. Sheesh.

ABC also polled 9 percent more Dems according to their methodology.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
824 members (06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 77 invisible), 3,250 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,713
Posts18,400,305
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.