Print Thread
Hop To
V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Anyone on here got a glimpse of one this season. I sure wish I could find a natural killsite to watch for a few days.Only saw one wolf last season.

“To account nothing of one's self, and to think always kindly and highly of others, this is great and perfect wisdom.”
― Thomas à Kempis, The Imitation of Christ
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
mato kilt one

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Although I'm in Alaska, we seldom have wolf sightings but last week I did see a pack of seven black wolves. No chance for a shot.

V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
I saw one during the season last year and one the year before.,both had seen me first. This is going to be the year and I pray I don't miss !Vern I hope you get a crack at one of the blacks. Who is Mato and where did he get it ?A black is my preferred color too.

“To account nothing of one's self, and to think always kindly and highly of others, this is great and perfect wisdom.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by verns
Who is Mato and where did he get it

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...94644/all/My_British_Columbia_Moose_Hunt

IC B2

V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Way to go Mato . They are not your everyday trophy !

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I found another one the other day.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11510315/Montana_Wolf_at_12_yards!#Post11510315

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Thats a great trophy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wolves, no. but i have seen a few 'yotes lately. even bought traps for them.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by verns
Anyone on here got a glimpse of one this season. I sure wish I could find a natural killsite to watch for a few days.Only saw one wolf last season.

Interesting bow season for me. I had a wolf sneak up on me and run right by me at 10 yards while bowhunting elk in the Little Belt mountains. 3 days later, I had a mountain lion stalk me to within 25 yards. No wonder I wasn't seeing any elk.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Big Sky that is something to remember for sure ! I have never been that close to either one. A great gift for you . Good hunting.

Kellory ,happy trapping and hunting season for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
verns, definitely something to remember. These things occurred about three miles apart. Interestingly enough, about half way between these two locations I was attacked by a black bear 20 years ago. So, within a three mile stetch, I had encounters with a wolf, a mountain lion and a bear.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My English pointer was barking quite loudly and insistently. I thought he wanted in. Although I just had my left knee replaced, after seeing what the dog was barking about, I ran through the house to pick up the SMLE that I keep loaded in my bedroom -- since I the dog was faced off with a Timber Wolf in my front yard. The wolf was maybe 20 feet away from the dog. He was huge and made the dog look like a pup.

South Dakota didn't have wolves on the no-shoot list in the eastern half the state, but the fed's over-ruled the state.

So, of course, I didn't shoot the wolf. I went out a shoo'd him away. The dog was happy that I joined him as I'm sure that he just wanted the wolf to be shoo'd away also.

The Fed's are never wrong, their great wisdom inspires awe.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard them yes, saw them no.

Cabin neighbor was telling me last March she mushed into the cabin to spend the month there and dogs came in awfully close to her chained up dog team at night

She stepped out on the porch and yelled at them and off they went

I've got to spend a fair amount of time outdoors up here, heard em and seen sign a good bit

Actually seen the wolf? barely need fingers on both hands

Could have shot the wolf, maybe 3 times

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
About 5 years ago I was seeding grass hay in a mountain meadow the neighbor had some sled dogs close by and there was what looked like a yearlig or 2 year old hanging around constantly,out of season of course,thay is the tamest one I ever saw.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw one last year here in Oregon. 10 miles SE of Lapine on highway 31. He was trotting down the highway ditch without a care in the world. Looking for road kill I am sure. Old collar on it.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
You might get a season one day !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,828
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.