Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
I've been looking for the new Model 70 extreme weather that they have advertised on their site with the gray webbing stock. Can't even find any online. One large chain store says they ship direct from vendor. I heard they moved production to Portugal. Are they experiencing delays?

GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Buds has them in some calibers.

Buds Gunshop

This availability has always been an issue since the return of the CRF models. Supposedly the move to Portugal was going to improve availability but I think they must do really small runs of some models. The year I was really interested in one there were none to be had anywhere at any price, so I went another direction.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by elelbean
I've been looking for the new Model 70 extreme weather that they have advertised on their site with the gray webbing stock. Can't even find any online. One large chain store says they ship direct from vendor. I heard they moved production to Portugal. Are they experiencing delays?

Rough seas maybe?? whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by livefastjohnny
Buds has them in some calibers.

Buds Gunshop

This availability has always been an issue since the return of the CRF models. Supposedly the move to Portugal was going to improve availability but I think they must do really small runs of some models. The year I was really interested in one there were none to be had anywhere at any price, so I went another direction.

I went another direction too, after they starting making them in Portugal...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've got 4 of the new FN Baco guns and absolutely love them. Much nicer than my pre 64s or usrac. No idea on availability but I think they are worth the wait.

-Joe-

The "Anti-Tactical"

IC B2

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seven0Eight
I've got 4 of the new FN Baco guns and absolutely love them. Much nicer than my pre 64s or usrac. No idea on availability but I think they are worth the wait.

I better get the popcorn 🍿 going ..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I sure wish that the 2016 150th edition Model 70 in 270 Win would come out. I need it like another hole in my head but man I wish that they would come out.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

How dare he, lol.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've got 4 of the new FN Baco guns and absolutely love them. ** Much nicer than my pre 64s*** or usrac. No idea on availability but I think they are worth the wait.

That doesn't take a lot.

You can't tell some folk anything! Our own MD has 'repeatedly' posted that Win is NOT making rifles in Portugal but ONLY assembling in Portugal.
Just so you know, 7-08.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hntr1

How dare he, lol.

Hes not the only one that thinks that....hint.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4 extreme weather on Gunbroker

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Can I take those junky old pre 64's off your hands?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by southwind

Can I take those junky old pre 64's off your hands?

Dibs!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Never said the pre-64s were junky...i simply said *I* think the current production guns are better...and ill stand behind that for what its worth. I like pre-64s and have owned a pile of them...but if you remove the historical value and mistique...well draw your own conclusions

Ive got 2 of the new ones from SC...A Safari Express 375 and a SuperGrade LW 7x57

2 that say Made in Portugal...both SuperGrade 7mm08s. No difference in quality what so ever

They have very well done barrels based on what I've seen with my titan bore scope and they all shoot lights out. Fit and finish is excellent, the wood on the super grades is spectacular* and the bluing is perfect.

Ive heard some gripes on the new trigger being more complex and failure prone on the new MOA systems and I'm certainly in no position to argue that one way or another. All I can say is that my MOA triggers all came out of the box between 3 and 4 lbs with no creep what so ever. I found no need for further adjustment.

*i was able to hand pick the rifles so the wood I got is spectacular...ive seen some that didnt seem very super imho

Last edited by Seven0Eight; 10/24/16.

-Joe-

The "Anti-Tactical"

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yeah! They aren't! lol.

I ordered a Win M70 fwt, in .280 and it took over a year to get it. I finally got it this past spring.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by hntr1

How dare he, lol.

Hes not the only one that thinks that....hint.

I'm a fan of the two I have.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very happy with my new EW .308!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Teeder
Very happy with my new EW .308!

I have a new EW in .308 as well, out of curiosity, what are you feeding yours? Mine didn't really care for 165gr Hot Cors over Varget.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

I better get the popcorn 🍿 going ..

Better make a big batch.....:

sick
[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Never said the pre-64s were junky...i simply said *I* think the current production guns are better...and ill stand behind that for what its worth. I like pre-64s and have owned a pile of them...but if you remove the historical value and mistique...well draw your own conclusions

Ive got 2 of the new ones from SC...A Safari Express 375 and a SuperGrade LW 7x57

2 that say Made in Portugal...both SuperGrade 7mm08s. No difference in quality what so ever

They have very well done barrels based on what I've seen with my titan bore scope and they all shoot lights out. Fit and finish is excellent, the wood on the super grades is spectacular* and the bluing is perfect.

Ive heard some gripes on the new trigger being more complex and failure prone on the new MOA systems and I'm certainly in no position to argue that one way or another. All I can say is that my MOA triggers all came out of the box between 3 and 4 lbs with no creep what so ever. I found no need for further adjustment.

*i was able to hand pick the rifles so the wood I got is spectacular...ive seen some that didnt seem very super imho

I've had a brand new extreme weather with a faulty extractor. My buddy also had an Extreme weather that shot so fu cking poorly, he ended up sending it back to Winchester.... I'll stick with my junky pre 64's, at least they always go bang and nothing ever seems to fail on them.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 30 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.