Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JJHACK
What manufacturer includes or offers lockers front and rear in the USA?

Or do you mean limited slip in the rear axel only?

You can get an elec. rear locking diff on factory fords.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by tzone
Going to the BFG's will reduce your mileage whether or not they're bigger. They just do.

I have the new bfg KO 2's and I have to say, i'm not all that impressed. They flat out suck in the rain. Sand they're good. Mud they're OK, snow they're fine.

I actually can't say that's been my experience. I have just shy of 35k on my KO2s and they are one of the best all around tires I've ever owned. Mine are fine in the rain, excellent in the snow and ice and good enough for all of my other hunting duties which can take me into some rough terrain. I lost ~1 mpg, maybe a little less going from a 4-ply highway tire to a 10-ply A/T, so no complaints there either.

Originally Posted by JJHACK
What manufacturer includes or offers lockers front and rear in the USA?

Or do you mean limited slip in the rear axel only?

You can get an elec. rear locking diff on factory fords.

And on Nissans with the Pro-4X package and Toyota Tacomas with the TRD off road package.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rear is easy on many, this was about the front or having both locked.

Not limited slip, but actually locked. The reference was made to why an ATV is simply so much better off road. The reason being front and rear can be locked up on ATVs, well many of them anyway.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ajmorell
Going to the BFG's will reduce your mileage whether or not they're bigger. They just do.

I have the new bfg KO 2's and I have to say, i'm not all that impressed. They flat out suck in the rain. Sand they're good. Mud they're OK, snow they're fine.

I actually can't say that's been my experience. I have just shy of 35k on my KO2s and they are one of the best all around tires I've ever owned. Mine are fine in the rain, excellent in the snow and ice and good enough for all of my other hunting duties which can take me into some rough terrain. I lost ~1 mpg, maybe a little less going from a 4-ply highway tire to a 10-ply A/T, so no complaints there either.

It takes almost nothing to spin the tires in the rain. I've had a ton of BFG's and for the what they now charge for them...I'm not impressed.

You must not drive in rain or ice much. That is THE biggest complaint about the BFG's and always has been.

I'm going a different direction on the next set for sure. I have 30'ish K miles on them now. They're actually wearing better than the others I've had, I'll give em that.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ajmorell

It takes almost nothing to spin the tires in the rain. I've had a ton of BFG's and for the what they now charge for them...I'm not impressed.

You must not drive in rain or ice much. That is THE biggest complaint about the BFG's and always has been.

I'm going a different direction on the next set for sure. I have 30'ish K miles on them now. They're actually wearing better than the others I've had, I'll give em that.

Yeah, NM isn't exactly known for all the rain it gets. We get a fair amount of ice/snow in the northern mountains but it's nothing like what the midwest gets as it usually melts within a day. I agree on the price tag. I might give Toyos or Coopers a hard look for that reason alone next time.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yes, Toyo are on the short list. Several here at work have them and like them a lot. Good wear with them as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the toyo ATs on my truck now 15,000 miles can't really see any wear on them. All miles pulling a 7500lb travel trailer. The truck is an 8000lb diesel. Balanced three with no weight! They ride nice and are very quiet

Had the toyo MT tires before these. They wore down too fast as expected. Prior to those I had the BFG ATs they gave me trouble with hydroplaning several times. Freaked me out one too many times. Have not even considered them since

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Which Toyo's are do they have? I have the MTs on my pick-up in the summer, but change them out for winter driving. They are scary on packed snow or ice and even haven't done that well on gravel surprisingly.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 27 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,501
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.