Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So, I sold a Win 70 XTR FWT .30-06 to a fellow Campfire member on our Classifieds last week. His funds arrived. His FFL prefers FedEx Ground for firearms shipments because they actually honor damage/insurance claims. This morning I take the packaged and pre-paid labeled rifle down to the ONLY FedEx Ground shipping store in the area for at least a 60 mile radius.

I shipped a rifle from there last week, and no problems. TODAY, I go in and there's a different guy there. He looks at the address and asks "Is this a gun?" I say yes. He says he can't ship guns with FedEx Ground anymore; that it's against the law. I say that I think he's mistaken, that I've shipped several in the last 6 months via FedEx Ground and have received some that way also.

I asked for the other guy that I've dealt with in the past. He's not there, or off or something. We have several more words and he won't even scan the package into his system.

He says the only way he can ship it is Express, which would have been over $120. I've already paid $39.33 in shipping and insurance charges for this package, and I AIN'T gonna pay any more. I'm not backing down.

He finally tells me that if I removed a part from the rifle so that it couldn't be fired that he could ship it. I tell him that the bolt is out of the rifle. He says that isn't good enough, since it's still in the package. I'm not removing a part from the rifle and shipping it separately.

We stand there and stare at each other for a bit longer. He says that he will give the package to the FedEx driver and he has to tell him that it's a gun, and if the driver will accept it, that he'll scan it in. I agreed to that, hoping that the driver was reasonable. He said he'd call me if the driver wouldn't take it. So, now I'm waiting to see if the package will go or not.

Anybody else had this kind of BS problem from FedEx????

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What a stupid [bleep]...its a sad but common occurrence that the customers know the policy better than the employees. Ive had similar issues with UPS...

-Joe-

The "Anti-Tactical"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's not a FedEx problem, you basically said it yourself.

That's a dumbphouck behind the counter problem and he'd be an issue if his shirt was brown (UPS) or blue (USPS) not just purple (FedEx).

Me

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yep, that's why I only ship golf clubs.. wink

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it is not an actual FedEx facility, just a business set up to accept FedEx shipments they cannot legally accept firearms. That may be part of the problem. It could be the FedEx employee in the truck can legally accept guns.

It could simply be a training issue and he may have been almost right.

FedEx does not want guns going ground, but that is their policy, not law.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's no ones [bleep] business what's in the box, as long as it's not hazardous, flammable, etc.

The correct answer was "no."

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Lol...

Tards. Ur forked. You can chose to be angry in your life because F#$%tards are manning the counters or just pack the snot out of it and toss on counter.

If asked there are no DG in pkg. Have a nice !#$% day..

USPS is what works for me...

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Main trouble I have with Fedex is the weekend guys blowing off my deliveries because they don't want to go out of their way to make them. A common problem, apparently. This has happened to me three times on Amazon orders, where they pick the shipping company. I never choose Fedex when I have a choice.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
It's no ones [bleep] business what's in the box, as long as it's not hazardous, flammable, etc.

The correct answer was "no."

P

This. They cannot legally ask about the specific contents of the package. Only if it contains anything liquid, flammable, explosive, etc.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by woofer
Lol...

Tards. Ur forked. You can chose to be angry in your life because F#$%tards are manning the counters or just pack the snot out of it and toss on counter.

If asked there are no DG in pkg. Have a nice !#$% day..

USPS is what works for me...

W

So you ship firearms through USPS? Brilliant

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Our Fedex will not send firearms from a non FFL. I have to travel 120 miles to the main office in our area to send it. Cheaper and easier to send through an FFL

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
UPS is no better, I work down the road from one of the main terminals. I can go down there and send guns or ammo if one of the guys are there. If the other guy is there I get the third degree and he will not take anything. I always have to get his supervisor in order to make him take it.
I can drive 15 miles to the UPS terminal that is in the county I live in and they will take anything, no problem.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Fedex is not my shipper of choice, on one occassion they would not take my word that the firearm was not loaded, they made me open the box so they could see for themselves. When the guy is on the UPS counter, no problem he will take care of all the paperwork. One day when he was on vacation his replacement a lezkunt absolutely refused to accept a firearm from me. I had to drive accross town to the UPS hub where they were more than co-operative.

N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
Fedex has been doing that express thing to me for a while. The address pops up as a FFL and they insist on express.

I have been using USPS, but haven't shipped since they modified the regulations. As long as they don't ask Its won't be an issue for me.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
UPS local stores have the exact same policy, they make you take it to the main UPS hub at the airport. I finally broke the code, I established a UPS and FEDEX accounts (they're free), then I box and print out my own labels schedule a pickup and they come to the house.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Our Fedex will not send firearms from a non FFL. I have to travel 120 miles to the main office in our area to send it. Cheaper and easier to send through an FFL

When you say "our FedEx", what do you mean?

Your driver?

Your FedEx counter?

Or a storefront that provides FedEx services?

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
UPS local stores have the exact same policy, they make you take it to the main UPS hub at the airport. I finally broke the code, I established a UPS and FEDEX accounts (they're free), then I box and print out my own labels schedule a pickup and they come to the house.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by selmer
So you ship firearms through USPS? Brilliant

All the time. Why not ship long guns that way?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Sounds like a great way to get-r-done.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Yep, that's why I only ship golf clubs.. wink

I guess it saves you money on insurance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 64 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.