Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
...when the young fellow behind the counter tried to tell a few out-of-staters that they could buy 22 ammo and take it on the plane with them....in their hand-carries.

When I tried to correct him, he further insisted that handguns are even okay in the cabin as long as they're in a locked case.

Had it been Walmart - which I don't enter anymore- I wouldn't have bothered, but I like the small store well enough that I dropped off the TSA print-outs later when I was by the place, just to avoid problems for any of the customers he might otherwise mislead.

Yeah, I was kind of a dick I suppose. But I hate what BroGov so willingly does to the unwitting.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wtf?

Was this here in town Mark?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Probably a justice department plant for operation Fast & Frigid. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Perhaps you saved the unwitting a bit of hassle. If they paid attention.
And possibly the clerk too.
So good on you.

Last edited by las; 10/24/16.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
...when the young fellow behind the counter tried to tell a few out-of-staters that they could buy 22 ammo and take it on the plane with them....in their hand-carries.

When I tried to correct him, he further insisted that handguns are even okay in the cabin as long as they're in a locked case.

Had it been Walmart - which I don't enter anymore- I wouldn't have bothered, but I like the small store well enough that I dropped off the TSA print-outs later when I was by the place, just to avoid problems for any of the customers he might otherwise mislead.

Yeah, I was kind of a dick I suppose. But I hate what BroGov so willingly does to the unwitting.

NWA relative?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx

NWA relative?

Lol

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No, the guy is, I'm sure, a well meaning young fellow who just has a few things turned around. Perhaps he hasn't traveled enough to picture how things work, how The Turd-Sanctioned Aristocracy operates. I was hoping he was having semantic trouble with the concepts of "checked bags" versus "carry-ons" but he knew what the two were. I was having a hard time trying to picture why we would need to bother with any security at all if guns could be checked on board; pretty sure he didn't think about that too much.

I was kind of hoping one of the older fellows who had overheard the exchange had taken him aside and corrected him, but that didn't seem to have happened when I came by later and gave him the print-outs. He took them and began looking them over carefully, perhaps trying to see where I was wrong. Whatever, as long as some poor dude doesn't get whacked by the feds for trying to "hi-jack" a plane....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Wtf?

Was this here in town Mark?

In the Gavora Mall

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What a dick!! grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Probably a justice department plant for operation Fast & Frigid. 😉

laugh

That's good!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Klik, you probably saved them a LOT of grief when they got to the airport. Like maybe jail time. smile

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
What a dick!! grin

I know, right! I should have just punched him in the nose and called him a mother-f----r. laugh

I did try to apologize for rubbing his nose in it, but my diplomacy skills are pretty weak. frown

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In my opinion anybody selling ammo to out of staters and telling them they could take it on the plane in their carry on luggage deserves far worse than what he got from you.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You would think the parties purchasing would have a clue.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I suppose the TSA would most likely just take it away, perhaps run them through some form of interrogation until the victim's witlessness was thoroughly exposed, and then let them go just as their place leaves the gate. Now if it was a gun- which he also thought was okay- in a locked case- that might be cause for the FBI, CIA, NSA, EPA, News-Mattress and Insulation and everyone else to be called to witness an appropriate arrest.

Originally Posted by SandBilly

One would think, but, have you ever walked the rows of ammo shelves at SW during hunting season and seen the numbers of perplexed faces? (The single most common misconception seems to be the idea that a sharp tipped bullet [plastic] is somehow magically so deadly, a great penetrator, and just perfect for moose or whatever.)

"But those 150 V-Maxes are so accurate in my 300 Win. Since they're so accurate, they'll be perfect for moose, no?" (Hey, as long as red is your favorite color, yeah.)

Last edited by Klikitarik; 10/24/16.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

^ This

I may have spoken up, but shame on them if they were dumb enough to believe that crap in today's day & age.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You need to talk to the owner or manager and have him fix the dummy behind the counter.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

^ This

I may have spoken up, but shame on them if they were dumb enough to believe that crap in today's day & age.

It's amazing how many people one can run into these days who have never flown much or at all. And some of the younger crowd doesn't understand that yacking in the TSA line at the airport is not the same as standing in line in the school cafeteria as far as banter goes.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole
What a dick!! grin

I know, right! I should have just punched him in the nose and called him a mother-f----r. laugh

I did try to apologize for rubbing his nose in it, but my diplomacy skills are pretty weak. frown

Firm, yet rude!

Dat's my motto. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx

NWA relative?

Undoubtedly a student of Walt's.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (2500HD, 007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,203
Posts18,466,067
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.