Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I have a new bow coming and need to upgrade my old stuff.

I have a need for a arrow rest and a sight. I prefer the drop away capture style rests and just a 3 pin sight preferably lit.

If anyone has something laying around, let me know.

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I would spend the coin on a new rest. Check out Hamskea rests. Local super good guy/pro-shop put one on my bow. This guys builds strings and sets up bows for some of the winningest archers in the US. Used to work with him and trust him completely. Shoot me a pm if you want to get in touch with him. Here's a link to Hamskea: http://www.hamskeaarchery.com/

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
QAD Ultra

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've been shooting QAD for four years, so has my son. Fantastic rest. I like the single pin HHA slider for a sight for the same amount of time. Fantastic sight. I'm out of touch on multi pin sights so can't help you there.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Akbob5
I would spend the coin on a new rest. Check out Hamskea rests. Local super good guy/pro-shop put one on my bow. This guys builds strings and sets up bows for some of the winningest archers in the US. Used to work with him and trust him completely. Shoot me a pm if you want to get in touch with him. Here's a link to Hamskea: http://www.hamskeaarchery.com/

Those look very nice.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I too just got a new bow and am upgrading some accessories.

I picked up a like new TT Smackdown Pro on the Archerytalk.com forum classifieds. It was super simple to set up, quiet, really solid. I'd recommend it highly.

I'm looking for a HHA Optimizer 5519 single pin sight.

My current/old sight is a very simple 3 pin by BlackGold. Always held adjustments and was sufficiently bright. Only reason I'm changing is I just want to play with a single pin.

Look on the archery talk classifieds. A ton of great used gear at very good prices.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another vote for the QAD, it's just about the perfect rest. I cannot think of anything that could make it better.

Sights are so personal, probably the most fickle piece of my archery gear. Without question the one piece I rotate out more then anything else.

I have used only a single pin with a slider or dial for many years now. When there is a two pin sight with a fixed 20 and a slider for the rest, I'll buy that in a heartbeat.

Until then I'm using the IQ sight with two fixed and one slider. It's almost impossible to remove one of those pins without ruining the fiber optics. Add to that the sight light is bad in my opinion. The pins are bright, but shooting from inside a dark blind looking out into daylight the pins are not "great" they are at best okay. Hunting from inside a blind puts specific requirements on your sight pins. Difficult to see when in the blind, and worse if it's bright outside the blind.

Regardless of that, the IQ bubble level system is priceless. I really love this design and engineering. It will without question tighten your groups at greater distance. It's a design that is long overdue for archery hunters. This is not hype and folklore nonsense. It is really a great way to know 100% your sights are aligned perfectly. Three means of aligning your aim is exceptionally better then just the peep and a sight pin.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I decided to go with a Trophy ridge revolution Rest. I liked the fact it is a positive capture design and the chances of me clanking an arrow off the riser are very small.

The sight game is crazy. Everybody has the best gimmick.
I am leaning towards the Trophy ridge React line of multi pin or the Montana black gold multi pin in 3 or 4 pin config. Since I started shooting a bow, I have always just used 3 pins 20,30,40 but with a new bow I might be able to stretch it out to fifty.....if I can see that far. shooting through bifocals thru a peep and maintain focus is not the easiest thing to do.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
I decided to go with a Trophy ridge revolution Rest. I liked the fact it is a positive capture design and the chances of me clanking an arrow off the riser are very small.

I am leaning towards the Trophy ridge React line of multi pin or the Montana black gold multi pin in 3 or 4 pin config. Since I started shooting a bow, I have always just used 3 pins 20,30,40 but with a new bow I might be able to stretch it out to fifty.....if I can see that far. shooting through bifocals thru a peep and maintain focus is not the easiest thing to do.

I put this one one mine

http://schafferarchery.com/arrow-rests/xv/

USMC
Life Member VFW
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Go to a Pro shop and get it done right, you can thank me later.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by lightning

Get what done right? I prefer to do my own research and make my own decisions. maybe I will even venture out and install the parts also...jeez o pete

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by roper
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

I put this one one mine

http://schafferarchery.com/arrow-rests/xv/

I like that. How many arrows have you put through yours? Any issues yet ? What do they cost ?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ripcord and HHA get my vote.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Trophy taker smackdown pro rest. I know QAD has its fans here, but I won't run them on my bows(I have installed a few for members here and yes they work, but I'll take a limb driven rest any day). Sights are subjective. Sword and MBG are tops for fixed pins. Add hha to the mix for a slider. I run a 3 pin sword jyry on my bow. Have 20/30/40 fixed. Bottom pin is my floater. Can dial it out to well over 100yds

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by lightning

That's what I do. I have had Ripcord rests on five bows and they have worked great. Currently have Ripcords on my two remaining bows.

NRA Patron
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MOGC
I've been shooting QAD for four years, so has my son. Fantastic rest. I like the single pin HHA slider for a sight for the same amount of time. Fantastic sight. I'm out of touch on multi pin sights so can't help you there.

^^^^^^^^^
This

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,076
Posts18,463,825
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.