Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
John, BUMMER !!!!!! eek well i hope you well in your retirement! the letters will not have your personal touch anymore, thanks for all your time and favors. Don

GB1

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best of luck John!

Thanks for replacing that 1899 Deluxe letter that Uncle Sam lost on one of my moves.

All the best

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks and enjoy your retirement!

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mr. Callahan,

I hope you enjoy you're retirement. Of course, my timing is impeccable because I just mailed you an enquiry and check last Saturday (10/22). Please tear it up and I'll send another to the new address. Again, I wish you a very happy retirement.

John

Last edited by JohnL; 10/26/16.

It ain't like it used to be but it'll do.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many thanks for the information you've shared, in the factory letters and on this site. Enjoy your retirement.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
John, this is a sad day for most of us, but hopefully heralds good changes for you. I've got half a dozen rifles that I never got around to lettering and now I'm going to kick myself for years for not getting them while you were in charge.

Best wishes to you, and I hope you find the time (and the patience) to be on the campfire often.

only half a dozen Rory i have about 40 when dollar was par did'nt have the coin now at 25-30 cents on the dollar crazy eek

sorry to see you go John have fun and enjoy.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Mr callahan

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the fire. Sadly I will miss your personal touch and years of experience. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
any body know the prices yet?????????????????????????????

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All the best John. It was a real pleasure any dealings that I had with you and great to get to meet you at Doug's. You will be missed. Hopefully you find more time to enjoy your railway passion. Lots great packages here Rocky Mountaineer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best of wishes on your retirement John.

On a good note that means you can hang around here a bit more and just be one of the guys instead of the "historian" from now on, stick around.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for all the info, I always looked forward to checking the mail after I sent away for a factory letter from you. Good luck and enjoy the time off.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Mr. Callahan,

Best wishes on your retirement. I'm sorry I came on the scene so late but you did help me with my .250-3000 TD Mannlicher. Take care and thank you!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
John, very nice to have met you in Waterboro Maine a few years back. Thank you for the many letters you've done for me. We'll miss you, and thank you again.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Enjoy your retirement John...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by norm99

norm

I got my letter returned to sender that I sent to Mr. Callahan's address a week before his retirement announcement. So I went to the Savage Arms website and found a historical department with an address for requests about Savage firearms - no prices quoted. Then I called Savage and found a transfer to the historical department that had the same recorded info as the website - with no prices quoted. So I sent another letter to Savage with my information with a request for a letter for my pistol and no payment included. Let's see what happens.

John

It ain't like it used to be but it'll do.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
interesting ,, i wonder if they are computerizing them?

norm

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks for your dedication and passion for this company and this forum over the years. Hopefully the folks at Savage will be half as competent and helpful in the future. They've got big shoes to fill.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnL
Originally Posted by norm99

norm

I got my letter returned to sender that I sent to Mr. Callahan's address a week before his retirement announcement. So I went to the Savage Arms website and found a historical department with an address for requests about Savage firearms - no prices quoted. Then I called Savage and found a transfer to the historical department that had the same recorded info as the website - with no prices quoted. So I sent another letter to Savage with my information with a request for a letter for my pistol and no payment included. Let's see what happens.

John

Any feed back on this yet, where do we stand???????

norm

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,946 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,535
Posts18,453,012
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.