-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
anybody have a poly lower? just bought one to dedicate to my AR 5.7 upper.
i really only use it in the spring for ground squirrels on the ranch.
did i upscrew?
complete lower 119.00
what say you all?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I have had several poly lowers . No problem with the ones I've had. I used one for a lightweight 6.8 and the other couple were just range plinkers. Only ones I've seen that had problems were used with a bumpfire or just too many rounds in a short period of time.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
thanks for the info
tom

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone has an opinion on poly lowers. Here is my choice. I have put together 3 of them and I bought one from the factory already assembled. They are light weight and it takes a little work with a file to finish fitting them but you can't tell it as the color goes all the way through.

http://tnarmsco.com/

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
bought mine from www.JoeBobOutfitters.com
this is what i got. New Frontier Armory LW-15 GENII Complete AR15 Polymer Lower Receiver-Black
stay tuned for a review.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I have the New Frontier lower on my 6.8 . About to pick up a Olympic 15 lower in a trade . I'll let you know what I think of it as well.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
thank you trout.
i figure to use them with the 5.7 and build a 22lr upper.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by kwg020
Everyone has an opinion on poly lowers. Here is my choice. I have put together 3 of them and I bought one from the factory already assembled. They are light weight and it takes a little work with a file to finish fitting them but you can't tell it as the color goes all the way through.

I've had pretty poor results with a few of their lowers, as I've posted here before. Maybe it depends on your expectations, but if you want something that fits and functions like an aluminum lower, I sure wouldn't recommend these guys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
not an AR15, but my AR180B has a synthetic lower. No issues after many years of use.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yondering

I've had pretty poor results with a few of their lowers, as I've posted here before. Maybe it depends on your expectations, but if you want something that fits and functions like an aluminum lower, I sure wouldn't recommend these guys.

A company only gets one first impression and it appears that TN Arms blew it with you. I have been happy with their products. I guess I got lucky.

If you have one of the early versions TN Arms will exchange it for you if that interests you.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes, everyone has an opinion...and mine is they are an answer to a question no one should have asked.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Yondering

A company only gets one first impression and it appears that TN Arms blew it with you. I have been happy with their products. I guess I got lucky.

If you have one of the early versions TN Arms will exchange it for you if that interests you.
kwg

No, exchanges with them do not interest me at all; mine went back twice, with shipping on my dime, I spent more on return shipping than the receiver cost in the first place. The first time they replaced the receiver with another that had the same problem, the second time they modified some other stuff but still failed to fix the issue. It wasn't just me either, a bud had the same issues, and same responses.

Last edited by Yondering; 10/26/16.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was at the LGS just about 2 hours ago, someone asks what he(shop owner) thought of poly receivers.

Pulls one out of the case that had split up the front side of the mag well.

Don't recall the maker............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
well my gamble is at the ffl right now. trouble is he is 30 miles away, its raining like a cow, and i just finished putting the studded tires on the jeep, so i guess i will live in suspense until tomorrow.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
picked up the New Frontier Gen ii poly lower today.
caused a stir at the LGS. no one there has had the nerve to give one a try.
we all looked it over and all came to the conclusion that it was well cast, extruded, or whatever. the most squawking came from the poly hammer and fcg. buffer tube is aluminium and is set into a reinforced ring.
the trigger is crisp and has no creep with a 5# 2 oz pull.
mounted my ar57 upper and it functioned flawlessly.
i bought it for the 57 and think it will stay there. the darn thing is so light the felt recoil is more then my 5.56's.
cant wait for spring ground squirrel shooting.
all in all i am impressed with the fit and finish.
it locked up to the 57 solid as a rock with no wiggle in any direction. wish more of my metal lowers locked up that tight.
after a season of shooting pasture rats we will see if it is still tight. at 129.00 after transfer fees i dont think i will get anymore but i am satisfied with this one. so far!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought one of these years ago.
Can take an easy 5 ounces off from a like rifle just by using this lower.
From everything I have read these are the way to go if interested in lightweight and tough.
Has a nice filling grip and increases the trigger reach ,feels great to me.
Buttstock and lower are one piece .
http://www.gwacsarmory.com/cav-15-mkii-ar15-stripped-lower-blemmish-ar-15-black/#reviews

Last edited by bcraig; 10/27/16.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by bcraig
I bought one of these years ago.
Can take an easy 5 ounces off from a like rifle just by using this lower.
From everything I have read these are the way to go if interested in lightweight and tough.
Has a nice filling grip and increases the trigger reach ,feels great to me.
Buttstock and lower are one piece .
http://www.gwacsarmory.com/cav-15-mkii-ar15-stripped-lower-blemmish-ar-15-black/#reviews

I've been eyeing those for a couple years myself. When I try another poly lower, it will be one of these.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
the new plastic lower is working out nice. not sure if more are in the future.
the main impression i get is of a very forward heavy rifle. off hand with the AR57 upper with a 50 round mag has a decided forward weight. the stock wants to creep upward during rapid fire.
other than that it makes a nice lite rifle.
for the price i think i will tend to aluminium receivers though.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,253
Posts18,466,977
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.