-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear 'they're' paying 16-year-olds a living wage for flippin' burgers in some places so this ought to be no problem as the rest of the work force keeps pace. whistle

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I don't see tag fees as being a deterrent to non res hunters. Between air fair and incidentals they've already spent a minimum of a couple grand to get get up here and get a license, I don't see an additional $150 for a SBT tag as being a deciding factor whether or not they come up. Now if most hunters were getting multiple tags and now they only get one tag, I see your point, but time will tell.

Regardless it is what it is, and likely it needed to be done. As we've said, like gas prices, an overnight double really sucks... its easier when it gradually increases every year like it should more or less.

Costs us about 700 to fly both of us up. Truck is free. 200 bucks of fuel. 85 buck license and 450 buck tag, it was a reasonable way to hunt. Fishing was reasonable too, now we'll have to back off a bit and hunt and fish smarter.

Yet others that spend lots of cash on the trip, this won't matter in the least.

Regardless, whats the value of being in this great land you have up there? Priceless in many ways.

Do you think doubling the cost of an R tag which isn't much to start with will slow much of anything down? I'd think it would slow down the DIY cheapsters like we are that are NR, and not even make locals think twice basically. Especially since they have thousands in gear/gas time off etc... spent on a hunt to start with.?

If the money goes ONLY to fish and game, its not so bad really, as long as no one else rapes the funds...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rost495

Do you think doubling the cost of an R tag which isn't much to start with will slow much of anything down?

Doubling the cost of most "tags" would still result in a free tag.

Regardless (say you increased it to $50/animal), I think the only impact it would have is that people would actually think before they picked up their tags, so there'd be fewer tags floating around in the wallets of people with no intention of hunting that particular species.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by las
I know they were passed a while back, but I just got my copy of Caribou Trails the mail and saw them there.

Resident hunting went from 25 to 45 bucks

Man fellas , that's absolutely nothing. I'm too ashamed to disclose what I've spent on deer hunting here in Texas in the last 6 years and what I got in return. I recall saying many times that they needed to raise the price of resident licenses and tags a while back. Still one heck of a bargain!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did anti hunters licenses go up? Them chit eaters should contribute also.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by las
I

Doesn't affect me (permanent geezer license)

Truth 😎

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by las
I know they were passed a while back, but I just got my copy of Caribou Trails the mail and saw them there.

Resident hunting went from 25 to 45 bucks

Man fellas , that's absolutely nothing. I'm too ashamed to disclose what I've spent on deer hunting here in Texas in the last 6 years and what I got in return. I recall saying many times that they needed to raise the price of resident licenses and tags a while back. Still one heck of a bargain!

TX resident license is around 70 bucks IIRC, its super combo, 6 deer tags, 4 turkey tags, archery stamp, fishing stamp, saltwater stamp, state duck stamp 1 oversize redfish tag and I think thats about it.

Not sure what the NR price is for tags though. But broken down per tag ours is cheap still. LIkely to cheap IMHO.

But paying to hunt here isn't cheap although there is enough public access that folks don't use thats either free or around a 50 buck public permit cost.

The scenery pales in comparison though. But i"m glad of the fact we can still afford a lease in the hill country.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'd like to know if commercial fishing licenses went up since they seem to be stealing a huge chunk of bear food.

If it was easy, everybody would do it.
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
I bought my 2017 nonresident license and tags online today at the 2016 prices. Saved a nice chunk of cash, but like others have said, I would have paid the new prices and been glad to do it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm getting mine 1st of next week.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Are Brown Bear tags mailed? Nothing to print after I payed on line, figure the locking tags are mailed but the paperwork also?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see where there is an option to buy 2018 licenses as well, has anyone tried doing this to see if someone could get the next 2 years worth at the lower price?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I gave it a shot and it worked, you can also buy 2018 licenses at the current prices. Just an FYI.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Crap... I should do 2018 too.. Not sure I can talk myself into it right now though.. but 2017 is done.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I tried to buy the 2017 license at Sportsman's today. They said they couldn't sell any 2017 licenses till after January 1rst. I came home and bought it online.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'll do it online for the old price as well but can't see spending $300 + to shoot a blacktail.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mart
I tried to buy the 2017 license at Sportsman's today. They said they couldn't sell any 2017 licenses till after January 1rst. I came home and bought it online.

They probably don't have there vendor books yet. Plus they would loose a tiny bit of extra commission

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got my locking tag in today's mail.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Mine was in the mail last week.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Species?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 71 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.