Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image]

The old timer I bought them from had written on the Hornady box that they were .375 solid nose 300gr. bullets. I weighed them and they are 300 grains, but other than that I don't know????? Any help would be nice. I plan on selling these and all I know is what was written on the box. Thanks..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hey BSA,

Those appear to be the old Hornady 300 gr FMJ bullets.

Trump Won!
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I'll second that

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Do you guys know what they are worth???

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
A buck apiece shipped sounds fair to me.

Trump Won!
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks gunner. I've been busy. Your brass is boxed up and will be shipped tomorrow. cool

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Box loaded on this end too Buddy, many Thanks! smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder how old those are? They look like something Hornady might have made, but the noses are not as round as the ones Midway was selling in the 90s.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I wonder how old those are? They look like something Hornady might have made, but the noses are not as round as the ones Midway was selling in the 90s.

According to my friend, they were made in the late 60's... This is his writing on the inside of the box..:

[Linked Image]

He says they are hell for stout bullets...

BSA MAGA
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Who uses 375 Solids anymore?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You don't have any rhino's to put down?? laugh

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by EdM

I do, mostly for fun shooting, all my heavy medium to big bores have iron sights and scopes in QD rings.

As a matter of fact, just today I developed a solid load for the pre-64 375 I got from BSA, 81 grs RL-17 under a 300 gr BBW#13 solid went 2699 fps.

Fired three under an inch from the bench at 50 yards, center was good, just a bit high, I'll check my solid mounted scoped pre-64's and see if one of those has a bit taller front sight to bring this 375 load down a touch.

Popping a scope off and walking your farm with a set of sticks shooting iron sights has been one of my favorite things to do for over 20 years now. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

I was using 285 grain soft points on Prairie dogs. I'm thinking those bullets didn't expand appropriately. Could have just as well used solids, I guess. cry

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by EdM

I was using 285 grain soft points on Prairie dogs. I'm thinking those bullets didn't expand appropriately. Could have just as well used solids, I guess. cry

That's funny... laugh

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by EdM

I do, mostly for fun shooting, all my heavy medium to big bores have iron sights and scopes in QD rings.

As a matter of fact, just today I developed a solid load for the pre-64 375 I got from BSA, 81 grs RL-17 under a 300 gr BBW#13 solid went 2699 fps.

Fired three under an inch from the bench at 50 yards, center was good, just a bit high, I'll check my solid mounted scoped pre-64's and see if one of those has a bit taller front sight to bring this 375 load down a touch.

Popping a scope off and walking your farm with a set of sticks shooting iron sights has been one of my favorite things to do for over 20 years now. smile

That's pretty damn good shooting with irons buddy. I'm glad the rifle is working out for you. Can't wait for you to take it to Africa... cool. That rifle is just begging to go and don't be afraid to use some of those 300gr. partitions. They'll knock the hell out of anything on 4 legs on this gods green earth!!!!

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by EdM

That's pretty damn good shooting with irons buddy. I'm glad the rifle is working out for you. Can't wait for you to take it to Africa... cool. That rifle is just begging to go and don't be afraid to use some of those 300gr. partitions. They'll knock the hell out of anything on 4 legs on this gods green earth!!!!

You bet BSA, I found a taller front sight on one of my scope sighted pre-64's last night, switched it out and BOOM, 300 gr solids head dead on at 25 as well as 50 yards, tweaked the rear sight to the right a touch and busted pinwheel center with my last shot. cool

I'll get the final zero with the old 3X leupold and soft points in a few days.

And HELL yes, I have absolutely ZERO concerns shooting a heavy for caliber partition at any game animal suited to be shot with a soft point, they have never let me or my many friends that hunt a hell of a lot more than I do down, that's going back at least 30 years.

I'll get these softs shot up and build a load with the 300 gr partition, should be in the neighborhood of 2700 fps with RL-17 as well, with it I'll have to return to Africa and see just what it WONT do. shocked laugh

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by EdM

You bet BSA, I found a taller front sight on one of my scope sighted pre-64's last night, switched it out and BOOM, 300 gr solids head dead on at 25 as well as 50 yards, tweaked the rear sight to the right a touch and busted pinwheel center with my last shot. cool

I'll get the final zero with the old 3X leupold and soft points in a few days.

And HELL yes, I have absolutely ZERO concerns shooting a heavy for caliber partition at any game animal suited to be shot with a soft point, they have never let me or my many friends that hunt a hell of a lot more than I do down, that's going back at least 30 years.

I'll get these softs shot up and build a load with the 300 gr partition, should be in the neighborhood of 2700 fps with RL-17 as well, with it I'll have to return to Africa and see just what it WONT do. shocked laugh

Hey, that's cool you got your front sight taken care of. I was hoping it would be an easy swap.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
tic tic tic, times drawing near for a buck or doe! laugh

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Oh, those poor bastids.... laugh Don't use that 3x Leupold with the heavy #4 reticle. It will cover them up, but works damn well on elephant.... laugh

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Oh, those poor bastids.... laugh Don't use that 3x Leupold with the heavy #4 reticle. It will cover them up, but works damn well on elephant.... laugh

LOL, I'll use just that, with a message, "Hello mr or mrs deer, I have a delivery for you from BSA, Dirtfarmer and BobinNH............BOOM!" grin

Bet I can keep clear deer hair out to 200 or so with those big wires ;]

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,439
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.