Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm thinking of returning to Zim for a tuskless hunt next year. The PH I've hunted with on my prior trips is no longer taking clients out in the field, so he's recommended someone else who I don't know.

The PH recommended is Mitch Bunnts, I think out of Bulawayo, who is said to be very experienced with elephant. Anyone here hunted with him? If so, do you have an opinion on whether to consider Mitch?

As tuskless hunts entail speding a lot of time in very close to herds, I'm looking for a PH I can rely on to keep us out of trouble and on whom I can depend when things start to go wrong, so this choice is particularly important.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would call Buzz Charlton if tuskless was on the menu.

Who is John Galt?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Highly recommend Corris Feerreira at Track-A-Hunt Safaris. He hunts Gage Gage campfire area on Lake Kariba. We had elephants in camp at night rubbing against the chalet.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
you have a PM

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I hunted with buffalo and leopard with Mitch this year and can highly recommend him, so much so that I have booked an elephant hunt with him for next year. His last name is Bunce and he is with Nengasha Safaris. The Deka area was full of elephants when I was there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lindon Stanton, Mbalabala Safaris.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buzz is a great one for tuskless, but my favorite without a doubt would be John Sharp.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks, hidalgo. Your experience confirms the information I've found so far on Mitch. In the process of finalizing details now for tuskless.

BTW, I hunted Deka with Nengasha, Rodie Tourle was my PH for elephant 3 years ago. There were many elephant and I was able to bring back a good set of tusks along with the best hunting experience I've had thus far. Highly recommend Paul Bennie's outfit having hunted through Nengasha a few times.

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Lin Stanton of Mbalabala does quite a lot of non-trophy ellie hunts. I think on his last safari they took 3. (provided you aren't already booked).

BH63

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

B
B
I second the recommendation for Corris Ferreira of Track A Hunt Safaris whole heartedly. I have hunted with Corris more than 15 times and he is first rate in all respects.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

239 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 29 invisible), 1,281 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,540
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.