Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Be safe Tex, I was not about to strike out this morning at 0400 for 300 miles of that.

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Slow, must be the weather....anyone here come see me at Cabelas!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Be safe Tex, I was not about to strike out this morning at 0400 for 300 miles of that.

Oh I don't mind driving it. I object to driving it with other people. Especially the ones who casually stop in the middle of the freeway mad

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It looked dead yesterday, but my buddy Kiri from Athina Sporting said that he had a few good bookings. We went to the banquet and had a good time. I was not impressed with the Conklin Award ceremony- he,or she in this case, with the biggest checkbook wins. Had to get out of town early this am to beat the storm related flight cancellations.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Killer show this year, everybody is Happy (Trump effect!). I was the green blur, running around the building, and I did manage to navigate every aisle in one day (PHEW!!).

Yes, stop at #3434/Hunters Namibia Safari's and visit with RipSnort (Paul), he and Marina Lamprecht are good folks!!

The charging rhino took taxidermy to the next level, it's just a few spaces away from Hunters Namibia Safari's, same aisle.

Cabela's booth has some very nice cased English shotguns/rifles.

Westley Richards has what can only be called museum grade firearms on display (with corresponding price tags).

ACGG area is 'must see' for custom firearms and engravers. Check out Watts Walnuts display for very nice chunks of wood.

Safari Press, near the entrance (#3512) had some first edition Theodore Roosevelt books in the glass case.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by gunner500

Oh I don't mind driving it. I object to driving it with other people. Especially the ones who casually stop in the middle of the freeway mad

Same here Tex, I don't worry at all about my driving, just don't want my chit to get bent by idiots.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read a few reports of problems, probably go up either tonight or early tomorrow

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I posted this on the "other forum", forgot to post it here... we have a small family emergency (an exigency, really), and I have to be home this weekend to get things handled.

I've informed The Redhead that this means I will need to compensate by being at DSC 2018 for the full 4 days.

See y'all then, and have a great time this weekend.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Will be there tomorrow. Roads are fine.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Maruis what booth are you at?

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sactoller
Maruis what booth are you at?

Just spent this year meeting people that asked to meet me over here.Filled out the application for a booth yesterday so will see how that goes.
Give me a time and a place and I will be there. Will be at the show again tomorrow.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm at the cabelas booth, just ask for Jason.

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You people are slacking! I want more reports. You went to Dallas, not Vegas. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well, saw this rifle at Rigby

[Linked Image]

bought a new EDC knife

[Linked Image]

met Ivan Carter, walked past Jim Shockey a couple times, who was talking to bigwigs both times. picked up some brochures, handled several different cool rifles, saw a Field's Patent falling block rifle, which is really rare. Talked to a couple of custom gunmakers, and bought raffle tickets - none of which apparently won.

Sat in a Dodge Truck (which now costs as much as a comparable Ford) and sat in a 2017 Ford Raptor

Drove up from Houston Sunday morning, walked every aisle of the show, drove back home & arrived at 6:00pm. Used one tank of gas.

Seemed like a fine day to me. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Saw that rifle from Rigby. Was that not the one that was going for $250K?

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure, think I recall the Corbett rifle did bring a bunch of money when it was last sold. I should have taken a pic of more than just the plaque - the rifle had obviously been well used, it was devoid of blue and was worn gray all over. Not abused but thoroughly used.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This year's DSC show was one of the best that I have worked. We (Hunters Namibia Safaris) were super busy all four days. Everybody, attendees and vendors alike, was very upbeat. We booked plenty of hunts and talked to many, many serious potentials. People are feeling hopeful and flush and were freely spending money again on fun things.

I can't begin to say enough about the Dallas Safari Club and the superior show that they put on every year. As always, this year was friendlier and more efficient than last year. They do a great job.

Thanks to all who popped by the booth; it's always a pleasure to meet Campfire members at the safari shows.

Cheers, RS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Rigby rifle was a reproduction. I sat with the Rigby guys at the Thursday banquet and talked to them about the show rifle.

Who is John Galt?
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by agazain
[Linked Image]

Thanks for the pic, didn't know I'd have to wear my funeral/wedding clothes to write a check booking a hunt. wink

Trump Won!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,439
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.