Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
WOW!

I switched to Exodus broadheads this year and just WOW.
I shot two deer this fall and the heads left an unbelievable blood trail, although I didn't need them because I watched the deer fall.

BP-B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I switched to the 125 Exodous this year. No shots at deer yet.
But I shot an antelope, sharply quartering away.
The Exodous went through the front of a hip, through the guts, liver, diaphragm, lungs and poked out the opposite front arm pit.
Didn't look for blood trail as he went about 20 yards and folded up dead.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son and I have been using them for four years. Easy to tune, accurate, excellent quality, sharp out of the box and cut good holes. We have had complete pass throughs, most of our deer fall within sight.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I really like these broadheads also. I have been using them since 2012 and have had great success with them on deer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Exodus is made by a fantastic, small American company. QAD is American owned and operated, everything made on site. The same can be said for Tru-Ball/Axcel. The companies are on adjacent properties, owned by brothers, employ hunters and back them to the hilt.

I've been extremely pleased with their products and happy to provide them my funds because I know the people that money supports.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I tried them last year and was very happy with the way they flew. Well built, sharp and seem very robust. Shot this bear with them, zipped right through, bear went about 20 yards and ran out onto this log over a pool of water and died there. [Linked Image]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by dale06
I switched to the 125 Exodous this year. No shots at deer yet.
But I shot an antelope, sharply quartering away.
The Exodous went through the front of a hip, through the guts, liver, diaphragm, lungs and poked out the opposite front arm pit.
Didn't look for blood trail as he went about 20 yards and folded up dead.

Fast forward, I did shoot a deer recently, a decent 10 point. I didn't make the best shot, spined it and dropped it in its tracks. So probably not a good test as most BHs would have worked.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In case you need to know, their swept blades are illegal in Idaho. They're classified as a barbed head, meaning that the rear of the blade is less than 90 degrees to the shaft. Barbed heads don't fall out as easily on wounded animals making chances of recovery less.

I'm pretty sure the full bladed ones are legal.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks, that's good to know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In case you need to know, their swept blades are illegal in Idaho. They're classified as a barbed head, meaning that the rear of the blade is less than 90 degrees to the shaft. Barbed heads don't fall out as easily on wounded animals making chances of recovery less.

I'm pretty sure the full bladed ones are legal.

The full blades are legal, and we're designed as such. A lot of states had the barbed broad head rule in place but changed them after mechanicals became popular. ID is not one of them. Yet...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho has a long history of at least trying to keep some degree of 'primative' in archery and ML hunting. Compound bows and sights are hardly primitive but they do prohibit expandable heads and lighted nocks.
This comes from the archers themselves. Every so often they'll go to the archers and ask what they'd like and this is the result.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
283 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 26 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,953
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.