Dirty spark arrestors aren't much of a problem here either

Mostly split oak and hickory

[Linked Image]

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I've had two Reliable wall tents, fantastic tents for the price.they use to have "hot deals" on their website check it often.

"I've made alot of money in my life, most of it spent on guns and women. The rest of it I just wasted."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Dirty spark arrestors aren't much of a problem here either

Mostly split oak and hickory

[Linked Image]

I have never had the a spark arrestor issue burning rock maple or red oak at home. While burning douglas fir, lodge pole, etc in MT it becomes an issue IME. Made much worse if your running the stove choked down.

Last edited by BWalker; 12/27/16.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a Davis and have used a MT. Both are a quality product. If I were in the market again I wpuld look long and Hard at the MT for the reasons others have mentioned. This is with the caveat we are talking about the Canvas MT tents, not that Realite crap.
I would also run the stove jack like Huntsman suggests. He knows what he's talking about.

Last edited by BWalker; 12/27/16.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There are very few places we hunt where we'd have room for a 20x24. That's the size of a 2 car garage.

Seems like a small garage to me....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
AMD Offline
A
Another vote for Bravo in Camas, WA. J

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I second the Bectel Canvas( EENA Tents) Had one for 20+ years. Liked the zipper doors on both ends, stove jack in the end.

I sold it a year ago and it was still about like new. I sold it because if I kept it I would try something stupid like more pack ins and I'm too damn old and gimped up for that.

I was fortunate to know Art Davis when he was still active in the business.He made a good tent and other packing supplies

Pretty hard to pick the best, but I dislike Cabelas.Too many other of their products have gone tits up on me

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
T
I have a tent from the wall tent shop its been great i love it. It was fairly priced and came with alot of free options the Davis tent I was looking at would of been an added cost. such as the reinforced ridge and eaves i got my choice of a back door or back window no add cost. Free storm flap to keep the wind from cutting threw the zipper on both doors and it came with a tent bag, which Davis also wanted to charge me for. The wall tent shop also uses D rings for your eve ropes rather than grommets that tent to rip out over time or over sinching the ropes. The staff was very helpful when i was ordering the tent in helping me find the best fit for my need with out pushing a bunch of extra product on me that I didn't need. They even walked me threw how to get my frame put together when i couldn't figure it out. All in all I was very pleased with the service I received and love my tent. I would recommend giving them a call and getting a quote at least before you make your decision.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I researched tents for about a year before buying. I decided on a Davis and have been happy with it for the five years that I have had it. My next purchase will be a Kodiak Canvas for when I am camping alone or with one other person.
There are a lot of good tents out there, just make sure that it's dry when you put it away.

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by duckcall
I researched tents for about a year before buying. I decided on a Davis and have been happy with it for the five years that I have had it. My next purchase will be a Kodiak Canvas for when I am camping alone or with one other person.
There are a lot of good tents out there, just make sure that it's dry when you put it away.

Also put it in a rodent proof container

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for that reminder.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
20 years or so ago, Cabelas sold Montana Canvas and I got a 12 X 14 with a Kwik Kamp frame. It's been a great setup. Seems very tough. 5' walls and a good sod cloth and well-placed stove vent.

Three of us also have a 16 X 20 Salem Canvas. This is a lighter weight tent, although of good quality. Some may be heavier than this one. This one has no sod cloth and no stove hole.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,526
Posts18,452,842
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.