Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I have a co-worker that has an older a bolt that was not fireing. It has been hunted hard in the Rainforest areas of WA. St. I'm thinking I would start by taking a look at the bolt. I have Remington's and Winchesters . No familiar with the A Bolt bolt. I've googled it and not coming up with much ! Anyone know how to do this or where to find out. I've found diagrams but was hoping for a bit more. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance guys!

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Similar to a 700 where you need to pull back the cocking piece before unscrewing. Use a boot lace to avoid marring the part. Pull back and unscrew bolt shroud and firing pin from bolt body.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I found and printed the instructions off the net a year or two ago. It's a little different than a Remington or Winchester. If I can remember to do it, I'll scan and email you a copy.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
IME the problem with A-Bolts not firing is usually related to the wire safety link corroding. I have seen quite a few fail in the field.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Open the trash can and insert rifle. JMHO

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Is it me or has this forum taken a turn for the worst. I don't get why people say some of the things they do. I'm just trying to get a bit of information for a friend and someone has say throw the whole rifle away. Sure hope you feel better now. I rarely comment on this type of behavior but it not only shows a lack of class, but a serious lack of ability to keep ones mouth shut.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is it me or has this forum taken a turn for the worst.

It once was a pretty decent site, but over the years it's turned into a cesspool full of [bleep] who have an over-inflated view of themselves.

It's sad the site is open to the public so that anyone reading here can associate them with gunowners overall.

Last edited by Snyper; 11/24/16.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by goodshot
Is it me or has this forum taken a turn for the worst. I don't get why people say some of the things they do. I'm just trying to get a bit of information for a friend and someone has say throw the whole rifle away. Sure hope you feel better now. I rarely comment on this type of behavior but it not only shows a lack of class, but a serious lack of ability to keep ones mouth shut.

It might be just you. I guess one can't poke a little fun without being branded as cruel and insensitive. You might be better off on Facebook with all the safety pin crowd. Just saying.... Men used to have thicker skin. Too much moisturizer?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,421
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.