Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
A horse documentary that I appear in with scenes from our ranch, can be streamed now on Amazon. Free if you have Prime. Otherwise, 2.99 to rent or 4.99 to own. This is a very professionally done film by a woman who sold her first documentary to HBO. It is the story of a Montana barrel horse that was rescued at the point of death on the east coast. The film traces his Montana heritage, which is the part I assisted with. This is not a soppy, sentimental piece of anthropomorphic trash. No lectures. No preaching. Just a positive story of overcoming. Look for His Name is Midnight under Movies/DVDs.

GB2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for the heads up, I will look it up

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds solid, I'm interested. OK to watch with my 10 and 12 yr. old daughters?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thanks for the tip, john. Will look for it.

Similar story to the great jumper Snowman, The Eighty-Dollar Champion.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Really sensitive people will be shocked at Midnight's condition when rescued, but it is a very positive story with a happy ending. Sockpuppet, your daughters will like it, I believe.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Is Midnight from the hancock line of horses?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think this is him...not positive though. I need to watch the documentary.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/junior+midnight

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
thanks

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Will do Thanks

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
The Oswald line of Quarter Horses gained more press this week through the cover story of AQHA's new magazine, Ranch Journal. My friend LeRoy Hauerland is on the cover. LeRoy bought all of his northern-bred horses from me and my friends: Lynne Taylor, Bub Nunn, Ray Beecher, and Mike Pierson. A lot of those were Hancock horses crossed on Oswalds.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Did Barnwall have any?
smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
No, :-) Barn Wall has not owned an Oswald. He sometimes rode a half-Clydesdale that was so big he carried a mounting block in his pickup. And "Barn Wall" is over 6-2.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Lynne Taylor is a familiar name. A cousin actually. Small world.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
loborojo, that's a neat connection. He was a very good friend of mine. In fact, I officiated both of his funeral servicers -- he had one in Billings and one in Miles City. My latest novel is "Looking for Lynne."

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
You'll have to let me know when that comes out. My name is Cal Taylor. My family had a ranch at Kaycee. If I remember everything correctly, my great grandfather (Ed O. Taylor) and Sandy (Lynnes Dad) were brothers. I remember Lynne and his brother Russ being around the ranch quite a bit when I was younger. I left there and bounced around the country quite a bit so I kind of lost touch with everyone, but would still run into Lynne here and there while I was rodeoing some. My younger brother Quinton stayed real close with Lynne and they were partners on some horses. I have met people all over that knew Lynne and it's easy to say he was well known and respected by many, many people.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
So you're Quinton's brother. I know him well. We have done a number of horse deals including one just a month ago. I did several articles about Lynne including big features in both Western Horseman and Range Magazine. My website is way, way out-of-date, but if you go to www.johnlmoore.com, then click on the Freelance tab it will bring up a list of my magazine articles and those two should be up there. Lynne was a remarkable guy. Probably the most well-liked and well-respected cowboy I've ever met. My novel, Looking for Lynne, has been out for a couple years. Several guys on this forum have read it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mtrancher
My novel, Looking for Lynne, has been out for a couple years. Several guys on this forum have read it.

And recommend it highly. I suspect it would be an interestinger read having a connection to the characters and country.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Thanks! Will do.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 91 invisible), 2,720 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.