Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Whip Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Don't know how many of you use them but I have for years...some of the best out there IMO. But they won't be seeing anymore of my business as my dollars are spent with businesses that share my values. Received a newsletter from "Bill" who owns Penzey's where he shares this:

"You may have read Tuesday Night's email. In it I said: "The open embrace of racism by the Republican Party in this election is now unleashing a wave of ugliness unseen in this country for decades. The American people are taking notice. Let's commit to giving the people a better choice. Our kindness really is our strength."
Since I ask you to read my emails, I feel it's only right that I read each of your replies. In sifting through those replies it was clear that, though not intended, a good number of people seemed to sincerely believe that in my statement I was calling all Republicans racists. In the emails of those Republicans who voted for someone other than the party's nominee, I sensed genuine pain at having the strength of character to not go along with what was happening, but nonetheless be grouped in with those who were. I apologize for writing something that caused you pain; that is not the person I want to be. You are your party's future, and you deserve my admiration and respect, and your country's as well.
For the rest of you, you just voted for an openly racist candidate for the presidency of the United States of America. In your defense, most of you did so without thinking of the consequences of your candidate's racism, because for most of you the heartbreaking destruction racism causes has never been anything you or your loved ones have had to experience. But the thing is elections have their consequences. This is no longer sixty years ago. Whether any of us like it or not, for the next four years the 80% of this country who did not just vote for an openly racist candidate are going to treat you like you are the kind of person who would vote for an openly racist candidate.
You can get angry at everyone else for treating you like you just did the thing you just did, or you can take responsibility for your actions and begin to make amends. If you are lucky and younger family members are still coming over for Thanksgiving, before it's too late, take a moment and honestly think about how your actions must look through their eyes. Simply saying "I never thought he'd win" might be enough. But if you have the means, leaving a receipt from a sizable donation to the ACLU or the SPLC accidentally laying around where you carve the turkey, might go over even better."

Well, I'll leave you all to your own decision on this one. I did write him a letter explaining why I voted for Trump and why I believe he lives in a vacuum and doesn't really have a grasp on reality, but I doubt he'll even read it and certainly won't learn anything from it as his ilk aren't the kind to pay attention to facts, preferring instead to talk about their feelings. Maybe if he gets hit in the pocketbook he'll pay some attention.

Now, where does a guy go to get same or superior quality spices these days? I'd like to know.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
They send me coupon for free stuff every once and a while, I think I registered at thier site, or store.

They definitely have good stuff.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've known about their liberal politics for some time. He's just butt-hurt and babbling. Won't change a thing, and won't stop me from buying their spices.

If he really wanted to see what real modern racism looked like, initiated and fostered by our current POS POTUS, he could ride along with me for a day on my rounds in Dade County, FL.. but he'd never do that. He knows way too much about it from 2000 miles away.

He's an all grown up version of a Wisconsin pajama boy liberal. No law against it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No law against it, but why subsidize it if it can be avoided?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know I talk often about not watching movies with certain actors in them, or listening to music presented by lefties.
Others members here, that we reecognize in our little world as true Conservatives, still go to the theater, and fire up the CD player.
Shrug. They justify supporting the commie bastards that produce those products.
I suppose I can feel free to buy Penzey's Spices if I perceive the value of doing that exceeds the philosophical down side.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
or we can just be like the cake people out west.. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well I'll be damned. Whip, I have to use some of those Penzey spices in my kitchen, to flavor my dish of Crow.
I read the screed on FB, and responded by saying I was through with them.
Thanks for the heads up.

Sam......

Whip Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Reckon that'll be a good tasting bit of crow...always been a fan of their products and use them extensively in my cooking. I just know that they're not the only good company out there so I'll take my business elsewhere. One thing that makes me want to puke is the liberal drivel we've been fed...almost did when I read that in order to make amends I should donate to SPLC or ACLU. He and those of his ilk do more than leave a bad taste in my mouth. I haven't ordered anything since I received the "celebrate love and marriage equality" newsletter last summer, but this sealed the deal.

Now on to the search for a patriotic vender. Got a few ideas from the other thread and I'm running low on a few things:)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just read his rant on Facebook. I don't do Facebook, so my response dropped into the bit bucket.

Have ignored their gay lesbian propoganda for years, figuring it's a free country and they can speak their piece, too.

They'll now not be getting any more of my business and I've bought hundreds of dollars of spices from them, both for my house and as gifts.

Like Sam, guess I'll use some of what I've got left on the crow.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whip
Reckon that'll be a good tasting bit of crow...always been a fan of their products and use them extensively in my cooking. I just know that they're not the only good company out there so I'll take my business elsewhere. One thing that makes me want to puke is the liberal drivel we've been fed...almost did when I read that in order to make amends I should donate to SPLC or ACLU. He and those of his ilk do more than leave a bad taste in my mouth. I haven't ordered anything since I received the "celebrate love and marriage equality" newsletter last summer, but this sealed the deal.

Now on to the search for a patriotic vender. Got a few ideas from the other thread and I'm running low on a few things:)

Whip, spill your guts when you find another vendor you like.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I too received the email from Penzey's. Even though they are conveniently located where I can shop for spices in Houston, I won't be spending any more money with them. I read that Penzey's sister and her husband also run a spice business, The Spice House, which was started by her parents. She inherited the business from her parents and her brother Bill Penzey Jr., the author of the email about racism, started what we know as Penzey's Spices. I don't know anything else about them but their selection and prices are readily available at https://www.thespicehouse.com/

NRA Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
that is the link I have been looking for waterbug, thanks.

Sam......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

624 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,033 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,257
Posts18,448,126
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.