24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gentlemen, I have been reading some reports that your govt is going to a cashless society and your cash will be replaced by some non-cash negotiable instrument.

Is this true???

Thanks for the information.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Gentlemen, I have been reading some reports that your govt is going to a cashless society and your cash will be replaced by some non-cash negotiable instrument.

Is this true???

Thanks for the information.

L.W.

No.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
There was talk of eliminating all large bills of currency here and worldwide as part of the globalism push. It was framed as a way to eliminate drug trafficking - but was mainly a back door method of ensuring that all transactions were taxed.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, J. Stuart and Crow Rifle. Sounded idiotic to me, but in the world of politics, one never knows what goofy scheme a liberal can develop.

Best regards.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It isn't the government driving toward a cashless society, at least not overtly, but nonetheless we are heading that way as a result of changes in people's habits. The use of credit cards, internet banking, tap 'n go payments and even apps using smartphones to pay has overtaken cash, and the trend continues.

According to the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA), the use of cash has fallen sharply with the central bank's most recent consumer payments study revealing the number of cash transactions plunged by more than a third between 2007 and 2013. While cash payments accounted for 70 per cent of all transactions in 2007, they fell to just 47 per cent in 2013.

http://www.afr.com/personal-finance...economies-to-go-cashless-20160624-gpqyfh

See also LINK:

MAKE no mistake. We are moving at lightning speed towards a cashless society.

Australians have always tended to be early adopters of technology, and this seems to be true of technologies such as on-line and contactless transactions.

No doubt our government will be keen to see the trend continue, as will the banks. Among other things there are savings in relation to producing and handling and securing cash, but more to the point there are huge opportunities for tracking everything we do, when every transaction is traceable - when, where, what you spent it on or were paid for, everything. That is the really scary part.

FWIW Citibank recently announced that its branches will no longer deal in cash, or have any cash on hand in branches in Australia.

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A high percentage of consumers themselves appear to be embracing a cashless society by using their cards for practically all transactions.

It seems that many people don't care about privacy of information, or privacy in general, to go about their business without surveillance, because they also support extensive use of CCTV in order to ''feel safe''

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Took my kids to a Halloween thing at the Idaho falls zoo. One admission line was for cards and had hundreds waiting in it and the cash line was walk right up and pay and you're in. I was glad I always carry some cash. I was also surprised by how many people don't. And this was in Idaho.

Bb

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They will bring me into a cashless society, dragging my feet, kicking and screaming. Credit cards, and debit cards aren't like dealing with real money. When you have to pull cash out of your pocket, and you know how much you have to spend for the month, you think it over a lot better. Sure I do carry a credit card, but make every effort not to pull it out. A good personal plan is if you have the cash buy it, if not, you will have to wait.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Having a cashless society is the best way to control people. You can limit who buy food etc. It is coming better be ready when it does. Hope you hear me on this.

I see four more years of economic stagnation and high unemployment if Obama is reelected. He lies every time he opens his mouth. "The GREAT DECEIVER"! Scary prospect.Worst president EVER.
UPS HAS ROTTEN CUSTOMER SERVICE, THIS I HAVE EXPERIENCED

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They are trying to turn all of us into commies

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yet it appears like the majority of people are embracing it. Not only cashless transactions, but ever increasing surveillance such as CCTV. Apparently quite happy to trade freedom for the perception of security and safety.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
671 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 73 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.