Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I say legalize it, tax it and use the revenue for things HERE in the U.S.A like roads, bridges, transportation infrastructure, etc.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damned unlikely to have been charged with smoking cigarettes or sneaking beers or liquor at home. You know that.

There are a LOT of studies that show the "gateway drug" myth is exactly that; a myth. Are there some folks who use one thing and then something else? Sure; and it happens with alcohol, tobacco, pot, pills, etc., and there is no rhyme nor reason to it and no pattern.

Even if there were, the two that are always the earliest used/abused are alcohol and tobacco. Following that these days are prescription pills (docs give them to adults like candy, and kids even trade what they get prescribed for another script). Pot doesn't even come close to being the "gateway" first drug.

With that out, what argument do you have left for maintaining the prohibition and not for regulation and taxation?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by gunner500

Yup lol, I hate potheads cause potheads came from hippies, and hippies are a bunch of stinking liberal pukes, I hate every GD thing about dopeheads!

Jerry's SO much better at getting to the point.

I grew up in the 60s when as those of you non-drug addled types remember, was when pot crossed over from the "coloreds" and the under class into (more or less) mainstream, along of course with all the anti-military/anti-war crowd, etc. When I joined the Navy in 1980 (see my post above about the flight deck mishap on NIMITZ), the armed forces finally reacted and embarked on a highly successful drug eradication and screening process that is around to this day. My father also had a big influence on me, and in my opinion did a very good job of imparting on me that pot was the purview of the masses and all my the folks we admired at the time, just didn't do that type of seedy behavior. So my disdain for pot is deep rooted and in my view well-founded, but Jerry's post says it best.

Edited to add: the pictures I posted, pretty much echo what my dad tried to instill and it worked.

Jorge, here's my problem with your continued class-warfare insults. I've seen you, time and again, express admiration for certain authors, hunters, and historic characters. MANY of them were heavy abusers of alcohol. Your position on this is that it's completely fine to be a besotted drunk and go through life about half-pickled because that has "class" but a person regardless of position in life that might happen to use pot recreationally and still be productive is somehow "seedy" and "low class"?

No offense, my friend, but get off your f'kin' high horse. A substance abuser, whether it's marijuana on the river bank or martinis in a country club, is a weak-willed person who is deserving of no admiration at all.

I never said it was "rational" did I? but my views on pot smokers (like Gunner's) stands. I am quite sure, in fact I know MANY users of that seedy drug that are successful folks back home, (however NONE in the armed forces where both historically and presently are the main source of my "admiration" so there's that). As to history, like the aforementioned "successful dopers" I know, yeah there are many, like I suppose the likes of John Wayne etc that were abusers, but what you still fail to grasp was what the pictures I posted represent, it is what *I* think each represent. I'm not going to change your mind and you sure as hell are not going to change mine, so we might as well drop it. j

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500

Yup lol, I hate potheads cause potheads came from hippies, and hippies are a bunch of stinking liberal pukes, I hate every GD thing about dopeheads!

Jerry's SO much better at getting to the point.

I grew up in the 60s when as those of you non-drug addled types remember, was when pot crossed over from the "coloreds" and the under class into (more or less) mainstream, along of course with all the anti-military/anti-war crowd, etc. When I joined the Navy in 1980 (see my post above about the flight deck mishap on NIMITZ), the armed forces finally reacted and embarked on a highly successful drug eradication and screening process that is around to this day. My father also had a big influence on me, and in my opinion did a very good job of imparting on me that pot was the purview of the masses and all my the folks we admired at the time, just didn't do that type of seedy behavior. So my disdain for pot is deep rooted and in my view well-founded, but Jerry's post says it best.

Edited to add: the pictures I posted, pretty much echo what my dad tried to instill and it worked.

Jorge, here's my problem with your continued class-warfare insults. I've seen you, time and again, express admiration for certain authors, hunters, and historic characters. MANY of them were heavy abusers of alcohol. Your position on this is that it's completely fine to be a besotted drunk and go through life about half-pickled because that has "class" but a person regardless of position in life that might happen to use pot recreationally and still be productive is somehow "seedy" and "low class"?

No offense, my friend, but get off your f'kin' high horse. A substance abuser, whether it's marijuana on the river bank or martinis in a country club, is a weak-willed person who is deserving of no admiration at all.

I never said it was "rational" did I? but my views on pot smokers (like Gunner's) stands. I am quite sure, in fact I know MANY users of that seedy drug that are successful folks back home, (however NONE in the armed forces where both historically and presently are the main source of my "admiration" so there's that). As to history, like the aforementioned "successful dopers" I know, yeah there are many, like I suppose the likes of John Wayne etc that were abusers, but what you still fail to grasp was what the pictures I posted represent, it is what *I* think each represent. I'm not going to change your mind and you sure as hell are not going to change mine, so we might as well drop it. j

Your pics were awesome, no doubt; but a complete non sequitur. At NO point did anyone, ever, say no drug testing in the military. In fact, I'd advocate for more stringent testing to include the pharma stuff from the pill pushers and to include alcohol markers; pop positive on anything and you're off the line and staring at Captain's Mast, minimum. Get caught having been on duty with anything in your system, including alcohol markers, and you're done. There's no place for anything impairing judgment or ability, including the effects of alcohol or prescription stuff, in that line of duty.

Still has absolutely nothing to do with regulation and taxation of pot.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damned unlikely to have been charged with smoking cigarettes or sneaking beers or liquor at home. You know that.

There are a LOT of studies that show the "gateway drug" myth is exactly that; a myth. Are there some folks who use one thing and then something else? Sure; and it happens with alcohol, tobacco, pot, pills, etc., and there is no rhyme nor reason to it and no pattern.

Even if there were, the two that are always the earliest used/abused are alcohol and tobacco. Following that these days are prescription pills (docs give them to adults like candy, and kids even trade what they get prescribed for another script). Pot doesn't even come close to being the "gateway" first drug.

With that out, what argument do you have left for maintaining the prohibition and not for regulation and taxation?

I have to be rest assured that the 'Myth' is just that, a 'Myth'

Can't be told it is, have to study it for myself to reach an accurate conclusion, but, be that as it may, the only thing that interests me about dopers is that they stay the fugg away from me, I don't like addicts of any flavor, save gun addicts. grin

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No Sean, you pop positive and YOU ARE GONE with an OTH. Alcohol (unless a DUI) is still up to CO's discretion for the most part. Bottom line is folks I admire the most, both in real life and history were NOT dopers. regulation and taxing implies acceptance and I'll never do that. But I'm sure you are determined to have the last word, so go ahead.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No Sean, you pop positive and YOU ARE GONE with an OTH. Alcohol (unless a DUI) is still up to CO's discretion for the most part. Bottom line is folks I admire the most, both in real life and history were NOT dopers. regulation and taxing implies acceptance and I'll never do that. But I'm sure you are determined to have the last word, so go ahead.

I never thought I'd say this, but you're making a liberal's argument.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The most numerous addicts out there are the ones addicted to nicotine, caffeine and alcohol. I was a heavy user of all 3 up until a few years ago. The toughest to give up for me was caffeine. I still miss my coffee and am constantly tired without it. I have to fight falling asleep at work every day. I smoked pot when I was younger but decided to give it up when my kids were born because I just didn't want them raised around the stuff and also because I couldn't really afford it anymore. Giving up pot was really easy compared to cigarrettes and caffeine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caffeine is a pure mu-f'ker to give up and detox off of. It's also globally the most widely used and abused addictive substance. Alcohol is second but not even close.

Last edited by 4ager; 11/22/16.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Caffeine is a pure [bleep]'ker to give up and detox off of.

I'm a coffee dopehead, get a fuggin headache without it.

Trump Won!
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep, the headaches were a b*tch !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yep, the headaches were a b*tch !

Amen. Hard to explain what it feels like other than feeling like it is trying to explode from the inside and be crushed in a vice at the same time.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That's a pretty good description of it right there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I make my living off of alcohol, and I'd sooner see it illegal than marijuana.

Booze has wrecked a LOT of lives.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I should of said a lot of people have wrecked their lives with booze.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Caffeine is a pure mu-f'ker to give up and detox off of. It's also globally the most widely used and abused addictive substance. Alcohol is second but not even close.

I drink more coffee than most and there's been a few times where I've had to go without it. not an issue. If it were that addictive, then coffee "addicts" would have a similar reaction as heroin. Same goes for nicotine. Smoked until I was in my late 20s, then one day on my 85 cruise I quit. I believe in the case of caffeine and cigarettes, it is more of a habit than an addiction, and one's personality and psychological makeup, makes one more addictive. Oh yeah, I also don't buy into alcoholism being a "disease" either.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I drink more coffee than most and there's been a few times where I've had to go without it. not an issue. If it were that addictive, then coffee "addicts" would have a similar reaction as heroin. Same goes for nicotine. Smoked until I was in my late 20s, then one day on my 85 cruise I quit. I believe in the case of caffeine and cigarettes, it is more of a habit than an addiction, and one's personality and psychological makeup, makes one more addictive. Oh yeah, I also don't buy into alcoholism being a "disease" either.
Cigarettes weren't that hard for me to kick, once I decided I really wanted to quit. Alcohol wasn't hard either. I reckon I drank because I wanted to, not because I needed to. Caffeine was the worst and definitely physically addictive. The headaches were horrendous for the first couple weeks. Physical withdrawal symptom for sure. Pot ? Nothing at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We build guns where I work so we're constantly using power equipment/ machinery. Mills, lathes, grinders, buffers, drill press, yet NO DRUG TESTING. I've never asked why but can tell you I know some very talented pistolsmiths who smoke pot regularly.

From a liability standpoint, that's just stupid on the employer's part. One accident investigation, and the resulting insurance suit and premium increases will be draconian.
Yep, they used to test regularly but stopped a couple years back. Like I said, I never asked why but it does seem stupid/risky to me.

NOT drug testing can be an important job benefit allowing certain businesses to retain some of their most trusted and valuable employees.

abusus non tollit usum
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by night_owl
We build guns where I work so we're constantly using power equipment/ machinery. Mills, lathes, grinders, buffers, drill press, yet NO DRUG TESTING. I've never asked why but can tell you I know some very talented pistolsmiths who smoke pot regularly.

From a liability standpoint, that's just stupid on the employer's part. One accident investigation, and the resulting insurance suit and premium increases will be draconian.
Yep, they used to test regularly but stopped a couple years back. Like I said, I never asked why but it does seem stupid/risky to me.

NOT drug testing can be an important job benefit allowing certain businesses to retain some of their most trusted and valuable employees.
I believe that is likely the case here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I've seen that first hand.

abusus non tollit usum
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 27 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,501
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.