-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This is where separate accounts for everything comes in handy. That, and having a spine in the first place...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My wife is so cheap that I buy her new clothes, or she'd just keep wearing the same stuff for years and years. No kidding. I have so much crap, that I just sell some stuff when I want new stuff.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
selmer,

Like Ingwe, my wife and I have separate accounts both for personal spending money, and also running our separate ends of our business. As a result there's never any conflict about new guns or shoes, though she mostly buys hiking shoes and hunting boots, not "dress" shoes, and in fact hates shopping for handbags and clothes in general. The only minor conflict we have over guns is that I have more, so they take up more space in the safe.

The other day, in fact, I mentioned thinking about selling some guns as I start semi-retiring over the next few years. She got a little alarmed at that, asking why? She's a lot like the character played by Maureen O'Hara in THE QUIET MAN, preferring to "have my own things about me," even is some are mine.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
This is where separate accounts for everything comes in handy. That, and having a spine in the first place...

Spine? Ya right. I've seen pictures of your wife and you my friend, like me, married above your pay grade. You talk tough here; but, you do as she says. Don't try to kid us.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If I had to justify my expenditures to my wife, shame on me, it would be my fault to marry her in the first place. Over 40 years of marriage and neither of us has to explain or qualify our actions to one another.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B2

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Let's not let the light-hearted tone of the thread take a turn for the serious... smile

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HitnRun
If I had to justify my expenditures to my wife, shame on me, it would be my fault to marry her in the first place. Over 40 years of marriage and neither of us has to explain or qualify our actions to one another.

Has to be painful to walk around with that stick up your @ss. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by SKane

I suppose you would know with 30 pair of size 7 boots up your ass😁

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Does a cash slush fund she doesn't know about qualify? 😉

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You have it good, just like I do. I don't need permission
for stuff like this either.

Some of the others posting, have nose rings it seems. grin

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Skane: Nose ring, or nut noose, which is it you deal with ?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I'm a lifelong bachelor.

So there.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Binos no problem, a couple of guns no problem, a new car no problem, but a freaking riding lawn mower, its hell regurgitated.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by selmer
Let's not let the light-hearted tone of the thread take a turn for the serious... smile

Yeah, this place can make a Boudreaux and Thibadeaux joke into 9 page debate...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you had to justify it then you have the wrong wife. Mine never questions or ask.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
My wife is so cheap that I buy her new clothes, or she'd just keep wearing the same stuff for years and years. No kidding. I have so much crap, that I just sell some stuff when I want new stuff.

In sincerity, I'm at about that point. When I want something new I generally sell off something. I've got too much "stuff" and some is quite valuable. I'll be needing a new scope for the rifle I've got in process right now and one on my list is the $2500 4-16 ATACR. If I do that, I'll sell a guitar or something rather than pull that money from the family budget. I'm not in the "he is who dies with the most toys wins!" camp. I like nice stuff perhaps even more than most guys but if it's not getting used it's just a psychic drag.

They've done some interesting studies on the mental illness known as "hoarding". Don't wanna go there.

Practically speaking, too, there's just some things my lovely and talented wife just plain doesn't need to know about. That's what FedEx "hold for pickup" is for...... isn't it? smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tell her? No glutton for punishment here.

Not me. Luckily my office is only 2 miles from my house so I track my packages and pick 'em up as soon as they are delivered before she gets home smile.

Recently, while hiding Christmas presents, she found one of my hiding places underneath the guest bed. Apparently she couldn't squeeze the kids' presents underneath there with the 3 unopened rifle boxes.

Don't feel sorry for her though. Once a month I've noticed a big box shows up on our front door-step marked "Stitch-Fix."
it's a women's subscription. The theory being they deliver a woman clothing, and she can return whatever she doesn't want.

Not 100% sure, but, I'm pretty sure she's never mailed anything back.

Last edited by skeen; 12/09/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
With the amount of shoes that get delivered to our doorstep, I have no problem with full transparency in what I buy. grin

Does UPS own Zappos? With free shipping and free returns, my wife alone should have put them out of business. The margins on women's shoes must be huge.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Binos no problem, a couple of guns no problem, a new car no problem, but a freaking riding lawn mower, its hell regurgitated.

Maybe she likes using the push mower. It's probably good for her ass.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey honey, tracking shows my new Super sniper is being delivered today.
Since your gonna get home before me, could you get it in from the front porch ?
Thanks !

Later......
Text message reads.....
Yep, scope got here.

End of conversation until later.
That new scope sure looks good on that rifle !

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (222Sako, 163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.